O/T Cannabis

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Cannabis should be legalised in the UK?

Yes, both recreationally and medicinal
51%
Yes, only for medicinal purposes
40%
No
10%

Total votes : 63

O/T Cannabis

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Plenty of debate about this at the moment.

Arguments that it should be legalised. Also arguments that it should be legalised only for medicinal purposes.

There are still some who believe it should be illegal, recreational or medicinal.

Canada have just legalised it for both recreational and medicinal purposes. Parts of America have done the same.

What are your views?

Personally, I feel it should be legalised for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

O/T Cannabis

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: O/T Cannabis

Postby Jock » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Legalise it, it’s insanity to criminalise people for having a smoke and there’s numerous medical benefits.
Jock

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Only for medical use there are enough idiots about without canabis, also enough idiots of drivers without them driving stoned :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 am

Igovernor wrote:Only for medical use there are enough idiots about without canabis, also enough idiots of drivers without them driving stoned :thumbup:

Let’s ban alcohol then ? There’s enough idiot drivers without them being drunk
paulh_85

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:18 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Only for medical use there are enough idiots about without canabis, also enough idiots of drivers without them driving stoned :thumbup:

Let’s ban alcohol then ? There’s enough idiot drivers without them being drunk

Too sensible mate. All drugs are evil except alcohol :lol:
Jock

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:19 am

There’s arguments for both sides -

Yes, alcohol is far far worse for the body. I’ve smoked it a lot in the past and some of my friends are heavy smokers.
These boys have mellowed an incredible amount since smoking.

On the other hand, the long term affects aren’t good. Anxiety, depression, continuous stress, headaches, loss of appetite.
This only happens if you smoke daily & heavily so just imagine what alcohol would do if it was say 8 pints a day.

Having said that I think it should be legalised but with the same or similar rules to alcohol.

The government will soon catch on that they can make millions selling cannabis so it’s only a matter of time imo.
Just an opinion.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 am

I'm not a fan as the stuff stinks, got no problem if they want to bring it in gently, legalised places where people can go like they have in amsterdam.

For medicinal purposes is a no brainer.
RV Casual

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 am

I used to be a daily smoker but stopped purely because I gave up tobacco and am not a fan of skunk as opposed to solid which seemed to take over as I was stopping, but I see no reason at all for cannabis to be an illegal drug.
Bluebird For Life

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 am

I use CBD oil daily, costs £50 a month for 10mm but I feel great, full of energy and it helps fight against diseases. Your body naturally produces cannabinoids, and they are good for you. By the way don’t smoke weed never have.
BobbyBlue

Postby Flyingpostman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:36 am

Definitely legalise it for medicinal purposes but be stringent with who gets a prescription with it . Bit of a joke in America that you can make up any ailment (where its permitted for medicinal purposes) and you will no doubt get a prescription .

As someone who has smoked heavily in the past I believe legalising for recreational purposes needs a highly monitored approach and should be for people 21years and over .

High THC contact cannabis (skunk ) does cause people to go through the motions and indeed suffer anxiety and depression .
The reason for this is that illegal growers in the UK have continued to grow strains with higher THC contents whilst weeding out (no pun intended) strains with higher CBD levels as that's not what punters want .CBD acts to negate the negative effects of cannabis such as anxiety and psychosis and produces the majority of medicinal effects .

However I believe the government will only provide licences to grow weed to big companies and it will be a pay to play basis once they figure out how to monetize it . With media outlets in this country being so powerful I feel it will take a brave politician or someone towards the end of their career to push through recreational use . :banghead:

You can currently buy CBD oil n the Uk in Holland and Barrett but this will not get you stoned and people already vouch for the life-changing effects this has had on conditions .

:
Flyingpostman

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

Just make it legal people are getting it anyway ,tax it and put the money back into drug rehabilitation,make it illegal to smoke it in public tho
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Jock » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 am

Flyingpostman wrote:Definitely legalise it for medicinal purposes but be stringent with who gets a prescription with it . Bit of a joke in America that you can make up any ailment (where its permitted for medicinal purposes) and you will no doubt get a prescription .

As someone who has smoked heavily in the past I believe legalising for recreational purposes needs a highly monitored approach and should be for people 21years and over .

High THC contact cannabis (skunk ) does cause people to go through the motions and indeed suffer anxiety and depression .
The reason for this is that illegal growers in the UK have continued to grow strains with higher THC contents whilst weeding out (no pun intended) strains with higher CBD levels as that's not what punters want .CBD acts to negate the negative effects of cannabis such as anxiety and psychosis and produces the majority of medicinal effects .

However I believe the government will only provide licences to grow weed to big companies and it will be a pay to play basis once they figure out how to monetize it . With media outlets in this country being so powerful I feel it will take a brave politician or someone towards the end of their career to push through recreational use . :banghead:

You can currently buy CBD oil n the Uk in Holland and Barrett but this will not get you stoned and people already vouch for the life-changing effects this has had on conditions .

:

The Dutch cross pollinated various strains to increase the THC and reduce the CBDs, growers are planting Indica rather than Sativa because it flowers quicker and produces a higher yield. The tide is turning and higher CBD varieties are becoming more readily available.
Jock

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 am

Flyingpostman wrote:Definitely legalise it for medicinal purposes but be stringent with who gets a prescription with it . Bit of a joke in America that you can make up any ailment (where its permitted for medicinal purposes) and you will no doubt get a prescription .

:

Top post :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Macca83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am

As some have pointed out, the government can make millions by legalising and taxing the sales of cannabis. For me, it should be both for medicinal purposes and for average Joe Public, BUT, like Amsterdam, have designated places for smoking it. Smoke it at home or these places, not just in the street. Just my opinion.
Macca83

Postby BlueLew » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:32 am

Macca83 wrote:As some have pointed out, the government can make millions by legalising and taxing the sales of cannabis. For me, it should be both for medicinal purposes and for average Joe Public, BUT, like Amsterdam, have designated places for smoking it. Smoke it at home or these places, not just in the street. Just my opinion.

I'm a 25 year old recreational user of cannabis and what you've just said is absolutely spot on . The government could make millions in taxes , save money and time for the police and obviously benefit those who need it for medicinal use. I also agree it should be in designated areas / coffee shops or maybe even smoking clubs for example. Even though i smoke the stuff it does not mean i think it should be all over our streets and around children (unless medicinally required)

Come on UK GOV do the right thing

:ayatollah:
BlueLew

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:07 pm

No because it stinks !!!

I think it's a slippery slope from there some idiots move onto stronger drugs and end up in a mess on whatever they can get their hands on. I wonder how many people started on cannabis ended up on spice and crack!

I think it's better to keep it illegal to stop it becoming mainstream and increasing the drug problems.

Just because alcohol is bad for you, it doesn't mean open the floodgates and allow other types of drugs and even more problems.
Bluebina

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:No because it stinks !!!

I think it's a slippery slope from there some idiots move onto stronger drugs and end up in a mess on whatever they can get their hands on. I wonder how many people started on cannabis ended up on spice and crack!

I think it's better to keep it illegal to stop it becoming mainstream and increasing the drug problems.

Just because alcohol is bad for you, it doesn't mean open the floodgates and allow other types of drugs and even more problems.

To be honest with you... going out drinking leads to things like cocaine, MDMA, Pills.
Sitting at home smoking a joint doesn't make people want to start injecting heroin ffs. This gateway drug malarkey is all bullshit.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

To be honest with you... going out drinking leads to things like cocaine, MDMA, Pills.
Sitting at home smoking a joint doesn't make people want to start injecting heroin ffs. This gateway drug malarkey is all bullshit.

Exactly, far more likely to end up on the charlie if you've had a night on the booze than sitting at home having a joint lol. In fact you're probably more likely to move from cannabis to harder drugs if cannabis is illegal because

1) you're having to meet a dealer to get weed at the moment, so more likely to be exposed to other drugs that they maybe selling.
2) if you try weed and realise its actually not a hardcore drug like some people seem to think, you might make the assumption that other illegal drugs are not going to be hardcore either and worth trying.

think there have been some studies into this in countries where weed was legalised could be wrong though.
CityBlue93

Postby rustyblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Have to Legalise for both porposes, Prohibition doesnt work and its smoked everywhere now anyway, i dont think the actual smokers figures would increase that much from now, but the tax coffers will.

And it isnt a gateway drug in my opinion, being forced to buy it from an illegal seller is the gateway, as they cant retire on cannabis deals so push other things.

Should be given to Cancer patients as soon as they get the diagnosis, it might not cure everybody but it will a few and the rest will have safer pain relief.
rustyblue

Postby rustyblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:38 pm

but you can argue keeping it illegal spawned legal highs, which turned out to be worse than the big three combined. was chatting to a homeless guy in Newport who says Spice is worse than heroin, in as far as time it takes to become addicted.
rustyblue

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Weed smokers get it on tap anyway. Legalise it, regulate it and educate people properly. Make hundreds of millions in tax and save a fortune in money and time on the legal system.

People can abuse anything, weed, alcohol, sugar. Prohibition doesn't stop that, that's a fact.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Alcohol isn't just bad for you. It's one of the biggest killers in the UK and a huge strain on public services. Liver cirrhosis, heart disease etc. 75% of violence in Britain is alcohol related and yes alcohol is 100% a gateway to the ridiculous amount of people who have alcohol problems. Do not forget, alcohol is a drugs.

Yes cannabis has side effects if abused, but so do many legal drugs supplied by the government. The war on cannabis is effectively lost, so we have to change our mentality and evolve to create a safer way for people to do it.
nubbsy

Postby pontyclunblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

The 2 biggest drugs in this country by a long long way are alcohol and cigarettes, they both do untold damage to the body, and alcohol turns some people into monsters. The financial drain on the NHS is enormous as well.

Just because someone has a joint does not mean they are going to turn to hardened drugs that argument is ridiculous. its like saying if someone has a drink they are going to turn into an alcoholic.

Legalise it for sure.
pontyclunblue

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:25 pm

All you voting for recreational use of cannabis are addicts, all of you addicts you are :crazy:
Igovernor

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 am

Igovernor wrote:All you voting for recreational use of cannabis are addicts, all of you addicts you are :crazy:

Why? Do you also want to ban alcohol and tobacco then as they are both terrible for peoples health. Their are very good arguments to legalise such as the money made on tax and the fact that the law basically doesn't work anyway as its so easy to get cannabis in the UK. Personally I think the government has no right to be able to tell people what they can and can't put into their own bodies.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am

phildavies wrote:
Igovernor wrote:All you voting for recreational use of cannabis are addicts, all of you addicts you are :crazy:

Why? Do you also want to ban alcohol and tobacco then as they are both terrible for peoples health. Their are very good arguments to legalise such as the money made on tax and the fact that the law basically doesn't work anyway as its so easy to get cannabis in the UK. Personally I think the government has no right to be able to tell people what they can and can't put into their own bodies.

The government does have the right when it affects law abiding citizens, and to compare alcohol and tobacco to drugs, where people are robbed and assaulted to get money to fuel their habit is crazy. I have known many people over the years that smoked cannabis regulary , and if you could see the state of them today you most certainly would not advocate legalising another drug that can devastate lives, alcohol as an example.
Igovernor

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 am

Igovernor wrote:
phildavies wrote:

The government does have the right when it affects law abiding citizens, and to compare alcohol and tobacco to drugs, where people are robbed and assaulted to get money to fuel their habit is crazy. I have known many people over the years that smoked cannabis regulary , and if you could see the state of them today you most certainly would not advocate legalising another drug that can devastate lives, alcohol as an example.

You're not getting the point. I used to be a daily smoker for roughly five years. My mental health deteriorated and I realised it was time to stop. If I drunk every day for 5 years i'd probably be dead....
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CityBlue93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Igovernor wrote: and to compare alcohol and tobacco to drugs, where people are robbed and assaulted to get money to fuel their habit is crazy.

Can't be serious :laughing5: Alcohol is a drug, and i'd bet far more people rob and assault people to fuel their alcoholism than they do to buy a bit of smoke :laughing5:
CityBlue93

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Every regular cannabis user I know of is a waster who stinks, the smell that lingers on their clothes actually makes me want to be sick.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat