O/T Cannabis

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think Cannabis should be legalised in the UK?

Yes, both recreationally and medicinal
51%
Yes, only for medicinal purposes
40%
No
10%

Total votes : 63

Re: O/T Cannabis

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:All you voting for recreational use of cannabis are addicts, all of you addicts you are :crazy:

Absolute rubbish.

I smoke it but it is not addictive in any way, and I honestly believe it. Just because enjoy smoking it, doesn’t mean it’s due to addiction.

You’re just assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be an addict.

Nobody is suggesting to legalise Cocaine, Heroin etc - they’re on a completely different level and the damage they can cause are huge.

As others have said, alcohol is more damaging than Cannabis.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Igovernor wrote:All you voting for recreational use of cannabis are addicts, all of you addicts you are :crazy:

Absolute rubbish.

I smoke it but it is not addictive in any way, and I honestly believe it. Just because enjoy smoking it, doesn’t mean it’s due to addiction.

You’re just assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be an addict.

Nobody is suggesting to legalise Cocaine, Heroin etc - they’re on a completely different level and the damage they can cause are huge.

As others have said, alcohol is more damaging than Cannabis.

Be careful mate, It can be addictive if you smoke it heavily daily :thumbright:
Talking from experience.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Caerphilly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Every regular cannabis user I know of is a waster who stinks, the smell that lingers on their clothes actually makes me want to be sick.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a regular poster on here (though I am a regular reader.) However, I felt compelled to reply to this comment.

I'll start by saying that on all matters football, your comments are some of the first that I look out for. I find you knowledgeable, your posts insightful, and you come across as highly intelligent. You are, though, completely wrong on this issue.

To imply - as I feel you have - that anybody who chooses to smoke a little bud is a waster is an ignorant view to take. I use weed 2-3 times a week, and smoked daily for 8 years before that. I've recently bought a house. I'm in a steady, loving and long term relationship (with somebody who has never touched the stuff.) I have a very good, well paid, secure and stable job. I also have a degree in political science. I'm running Swansea half marathon this Sunday and my health - both mental and physical - is better than fine. Same goes for my work ethic. I make an overwhelmingly positive net contribution to society. I'm not the exception either. There are many people like me out there who are as far as you can get any from being a waster, who just like to have a little smoke to take the edge off after a hard day's work. We're not out there drinking, sniffing and causing trouble. Of the hundreds of stoners that I've met, I can count the amount of wasters on one hand.

Legalisation, taxation, regulation and a common sense approach is the way forward. You should rethink your view on this subject, as many have and are currently doing.

I take your point on the smell mind!
Caerphilly

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Caerphilly wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Every regular cannabis user I know of is a waster who stinks, the smell that lingers on their clothes actually makes me want to be sick.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a regular poster on here (though I am a regular reader.) However, I felt compelled to reply to this comment.

I'll start by saying that on all matters football, your comments are some of the first that I look out for. I find you knowledgeable, your posts insightful, and you come across as highly intelligent. You are, though, completely wrong on this issue.

To imply - as I feel you have - that anybody who chooses to smoke a little bud is a waster is an ignorant view to take. I use weed 2-3 times a week, and smoked daily for 8 years before that. I've recently bought a house. I'm in a steady, loving and long term relationship (with somebody who has never touched the stuff.) I have a very good, well paid, secure and stable job. I also have a degree in political science. I'm running Swansea half marathon this Sunday and my health - both mental and physical - is better than fine. Same goes for my work ethic. I make an overwhelmingly positive net contribution to society. I'm not the exception either. There are many people like me out there who are as far as you can get any from being a waster, who just like to have a little smoke to take the edge off after a hard day's work. We're not out there drinking, sniffing and causing trouble. Of the hundreds of stoners that I've met, I can count the amount of wasters on one hand.

Legalisation, taxation, regulation and a common sense approach is the way forward. You should rethink your view on this subject, as many have and are currently doing.

So your essay says your the exception to the rule. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Caerphilly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Caerphilly wrote:

So your essay says your the exception to the rule. :lol:

Bored in work...so much for work ethic :D
Caerphilly

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Caerphilly wrote:

I can only speak for the people I know of that use it. There may be just as many who use it that I am unaware of who carry on as normal. But I'm more referring to every day users who I know of. You seem to have it under control and use it more like most would say use alcohol just a bit a week for enjoyment.
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Caerphilly wrote:

Long post to basically agree with him at the end :lol:

How can he be wrong when he’s talking about people he knows who smoke it?
paulh_85

Previous

Return to General Chat