Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jack Wilshire ?..

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

He's overated and injury prone and doesn't seem to be taking the game seriously enough.

He will probably get a club like Everton or West Ham, that's about his level, where he will fail and be forgotten about in two or three seasons.

We couldn't get him, and on the wages and signing on fee he would need I wouldn't want him anyway.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Bluebina wrote:He's overated and injury prone and doesn't seem to be taking the game seriously enough.

He will probably get a club like Everton or West Ham, that's about his level, where he will fail and be forgotten about in two or three seasons.

We couldn't get him, and on the wages and signing on fee he would need I wouldn't want him anyway.

Pretty much how I feel

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:07 pm

What is the fascination when it comes to "free" transfers ?
There is no such thing.
All it actually means is no money is changing hands between clubs.
A "free" agent player would expect ,nay,demand a massive signing on
fee which goes to himself and his agent in lieu of paying a transfer fee, so in effect the " buying" club is still paying out for signing him, just not to another club.
At least pre Bosman the money stayed in the game so to speak.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:To buy a similar player would cost 20 million in a transfer fee ,it would be worth paying him 100k a week for a couple of years

free..?
these players that have run their contracts down are anything but free mate..

Where have a said free?

ahh right...

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:53 pm

tonythomas wrote:What is the fascination when it comes to "free" transfers ?
There is no such thing.
All it actually means is no money is changing hands between clubs.
A "free" agent player would expect ,nay,demand a massive signing on
fee which goes to himself and his agent in lieu of paying a transfer fee, so in effect the " buying" club is still paying out for signing him, just not to another club.
At least pre Bosman the money stayed in the game so to speak.

beats me too.
the Bosman ruling was over 20 years ago yet we still have all this talk of free transfers, which of course used to be players surplus but under contract that a club did not want a fee for..NOT players that intentionally run down their contracts because they then in effect get a transfer fee for themselves..