" Lee Tomlins Wage increase / So deal could be of "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Lee Tomlin's permanent Nottingham Forest move now unlikely after Cardiff City wage increase - reports

Due to Cardiff City being promoted to the Premier League, Lee Tomlins wages have increased substantially.

Monday 18th June 2018

Nottingham Live

Nottingham Forest are still keen on Cardiff City midfielder Lee Tomlin, but could well be priced out of a permanent deal.

According to Nottinghamshire Live , Reds boss Aitor Karanka is still a big fan of the playmaker, who arrived at the City Ground on a six-month loan spell back in August, in a deal that saw Jamie Ward go the other way.

The former Bristol City ace has since been a hit with the club, scoring four goals in 12 appearances for the club.

Karanka has already suggested that Tomlin is keen on securing a return to the East Midlands this summer, although Cardiff's recent promotion to the Premier League appears to have complicated matters.

Tomlin - like many other members of the Bluebirds squad - is understood to have received a substantial boost in his wages on the back of promotion back to the top flight, placing him on a far more lucrative pay packet, with his current contract set to run until 2020.

As a result, his wage demands could make a permanent move more unlikely, meaning Forest could be forced to go back in for a loan move, with Cardiff contributing a portion of the 29-year-old's wages.

Speaking shortly after Tomlin's return to the Welsh capital, Karanka said: "The main thing for me is that all of them (Tomlin, Colback and Pantilimon) left at the end of the season, all wanting to come back here.

"It means that they felt really good here; they felt the atmosphere in the changing room and confident on the pitch.

"We will try to do our best, but they are all Premier League players now and our job is to convince them. But as a club and as a manager, we have done our best to convince them to return."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Preston-North-End-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Preston-North-End-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Lee Tomlins Wage increase / So deal could be of "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Lee Tomlin wage hike means permanent move to Forest 'unlikely'

Nottingham Forest are still keen on Cardiff City midfielder Lee Tomlin, but could well be priced out of a permanent deal.

According to Nottinghamshire Live , Reds boss Aitor Karanka is still a big fan of the playmaker, who arrived at the City Ground on a six-month loan spell back in August, in a deal which saw Jamie Ward go the other way.

The former Bristol City ace has since been a hit with the club, scoring four goals in 12 appearances for the club.

Karanka has already suggested that that Tomlin is keen on securing a return to the East Midlands this summer, although Cardiff’s recent promotion to the Premier League appears to have complicated matters.

Tomlin - like many other members of the Bluebirds squad - is understood to have received a substantial boost in his wages on the back of promotion back to the top flight, placing him on a far more lucrative pay packet, with his current contract set to run until 2020.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby john52 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm

I areas somewghere that forest paid 13 million for a player ,IF they can afford that then they can afford to pat his FULL wages
john52

Postby john52 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Should have started I read somewhere
john52

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Get him fit and play him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby JJ1927 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm

john52 wrote:I areas somewghere that forest paid 13 million for a player ,IF they can afford that then they can afford to pat his FULL wages
Exactly. And also pay a loan fee. I would prefer to see him stay
JJ1927

Postby Gringo22 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm

If he wants to go so badly why not take a paycut
Gringo22

Postby Pidgeofcdf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:48 pm

keep him here, he’s already proved he’s better than madine.even if he’s a sub for 20 minutes.we paid for him so may aswell use him.havent got many other impact subs
Pidgeofcdf

Postby JJ1927 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:keep him here, he’s already proved he’s better than madine.even if he’s a sub for 20 minutes.we paid for him so may aswell use him.havent got many other impact subs

Exactly. He came off the bench at home against Wednesday and his free kick set up the injury time equaliser and was off the bench again at Reading to score the injury time equaliser. Without those two points we wouldn't have gone up. We wont get many 90 minutes off him but he's worth hanging onto for these cameo performances that could be worth those few vital points for us next season.
JJ1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Gringo22 wrote:If he wants to go so badly why not take a paycut

He knows City will sub his wages if he goes out on loan. No one takes a pay cut unless they have to.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 pm

Gringo22 wrote:If he wants to go so badly why not take a paycut

Has he said that?? :?

Come to think of it, has Neil Warnock said that either?? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Gringo22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 am

Well it suggested by aitor karanka, that tomlin is keen to go back. Just reading what the article says.
Gringo22

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:23 am

Gringo22 wrote:Well it suggested by aitor karanka, that tomlin is keen to go back. Just reading what the article says.

I'm sure Tomlin is keen to return to Nottingham F but is that on his City wages or on what NF can afford to pay him? We are all aware of the real world of football business and LT is unlikely to move for less money, although I would be delighted to be proved wrong.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am

Also lets remember the manager is bound to say this, If Karanka goes up to Tomlin and says I would love to have you back next season would you like to come back. Tomlin is hardly going to turn around and say no mate.
2blue2handle

Postby Gringo22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

Well I wouldn't want to stay at a club, especially if I'm not comfortable there. He's obviously homesick and wants to be closer to home. Especially if he a family man aswell.
Gringo22

Postby Gringo22 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

Well I wouldn't want to stay at a club, especially if I'm not comfortable there. He's obviously homesick and wants to be closer to home. Especially if he a family man aswell.
Gringo22

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:Get him fit and play him

A player has to have a certain amount of personal commitment to stay fit too. There's only so much a club can do.
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:

A player has to have a certain amount of personal commitment to stay fit too. There's only so much a club can do.

im not so sure
fit ,enthusiastic ,run through brick walls, good value for money but out of contract...feck em..on their bike etc etc
fat..crap.slow as a snail.zero value for money and disinterested until there is a pay increase earned for him by others...put him in the team we wouldnt have got promoted without him :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby stephendavid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

nubbsy wrote:

I agree also seen him coming out of miss millies on a fair few occasions
stephendavid

Return to General Chat