Gunnars starts v Argentina.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Gunnars Vs Messi. Let's see how this goes...
jimmy_rat

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gunnars starts v Argentina.

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 pm

So injured with us then says if we go to Prem he'll sign. Then world cup , he's fit .

Waiting for bids then if he does well.

He won't be back with us . He'll join if no more suitable bidders come in
NIBluebird

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Gunnars is off. He will have offers from all over after world cup.
boyo1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 pm

What a proud moment for him - leading his country out in their first ever WC match. I think he still has a role to play for us but not necessarily fist choice anymore. If he stays - great, if he goes, can't we wish him luck, he has given us decent service over the years :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird For Life

Postby Dahboy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:What a proud moment for him - leading his country out in their first ever WC match. I think he still has a role to play for us but not necessarily fist choice anymore. If he stays - great, if he goes, can't we wish him luck, he has given us decent service over the years :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I hope he's nowhere near the club next season. So put that in you're love pipe and smoke it :ayatollah:
Dahboy

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:What a proud moment for him - leading his country out in their first ever WC match. I think he still has a role to play for us but not necessarily fist choice anymore. If he stays - great, if he goes, can't we wish him luck, he has given us decent service over the years :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I hope he's nowhere near the club next season. So put that in you're love pipe and smoke it :ayatollah:

Fingers crossed he wants to stay
paulh_85

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Dahboy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That will probably influence his decision then.
Bluebird For Life

Postby HarriRhys22 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Why do people on here knock players who have been great players for this club like Gunners,Ledley and Ginge. I hope Gunnarsson stays with us next season as captain of a side in the World Cup he is certainly good enough to play in the Premiership,that’s why Warnock has offered him a new contract?
HarriRhys22

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:18 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Why do people on here knock players who have been great players for this club like Gunners,Ledley and Ginge. I hope Gunnarsson stays with us next season as captain of a side in the World Cup he is certainly good enough to play in the Premiership,that’s why Warnock has offered him a new contract?

Because they all left the club with feck all. Gunnarss been paid very well by Cardiff City, had a good lifestyle in Cardiff, worshipped by the fans and after that he just walks away leaving the club with nothing.

He's not a charity worker he was paid highly for his services and looked after very well through times of injury.just for me it stinks that he just walks away.
WelshPatriot

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:44 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Why do people on here knock players who have been great players for this club like Gunners,Ledley and Ginge. I hope Gunnarsson stays with us next season as captain of a side in the World Cup he is certainly good enough to play in the Premiership,that’s why Warnock has offered him a new contract?

Because they all left the club with feck all. Gunnarss been paid very well by Cardiff City, had a good lifestyle in Cardiff, worshipped by the fans and after that he just walks away leaving the club with nothing.

He's not a charity worker he was paid highly for his services and looked after very well through times of injury.just for me it stinks that he just walks away.

Yet you defended hoiletts right to enjoy his holiday and keep us in the dark
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

did it stink when we signed both those players when they were out of contract at other clubs? or NML or Etheridge.?
does it stink that we are not offering Halford a new contract..?

personally i think we should be ensuring we keep our better players before popping down corals and gambling 11 million quid with wages to match who wasnt one of the better players at a top 2 club..?
dogfound

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Has Gunnar officially left then? Thanks for the update - any news on his replacement? I'm a bit surprised the club haven't told us he's gone like they usually do and instead wished him luck for the match today on Twitter.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Probably get a bad injury out there and no one will want him then?

He will then want to sign the contract we've offered him!!

Been a great servant (well paid) however injury prone and needs to move on
Pulisnewport

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Hilarious. We're not Man City. The guy's just put in a huge performance against Messi, Dimaria & Co and you want him no where near the club/hes not good enough anymore!! I Personally think he's at his prime as his positioning is far better now than the early years with us!! If he goes then thanks for the memories! If he stays then brilliant, we've got a 6-10mill player for O!!
Nickoblue23

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Yet you defended hoiletts right to enjoy his holiday and keep us in the dark

Hoillett was on holiday and is back now discussing his contract. Stating facts is defending him???
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

did it stink when we signed both those players when they were out of contract at other clubs? or NML or Etheridge.?
does it stink that we are not offering Halford a new contract..?

personally i think we should be ensuring we keep our better players before popping down corals and gambling 11 million quid with wages to match who wasnt one of the better players at a top 2 club..?

I only care about Cardiff City why would I be bothered about another clubs issues?

If your asking me if I feel the system doesn't work then yes it doesn't work.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Has Gunnar officially left then? Thanks for the update - any news on his replacement? I'm a bit surprised the club haven't told us he's gone like they usually do and instead wished him luck for the match today on Twitter.

Not once did I say he has actually left us I was describing a hypothetical scenario the poster I referenced asked about.

Engage your brain before trying to be cocky eh.
WelshPatriot

Postby KWest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Thought Gunnarsson showed today why he probably would not be of any use to us as a starter, next season. And I should add that I have defended Gunnar on here for years, especially when everyone was giving him stick a few seasons ago.

Truth is, he’s solid as a DM now and you could ask for no better, but his ball distribution is so poor that he will just lose us the ball constantly. Can get away with that in the Championship, but not in the Premier League.

I watched closely today, as it was a chance to see him playing against the kind of quality opposition he will come up against in the PL, and there was no change to his game. He made some great interceptions, but then gave the ball away seemingly every time he tried to get it away.

At one point, he dispossessed Messi with pure class, then despite having so many options ahead of him, tried to dribble it away from his own box then just had it take. Off him again and then Iceland were back under pressure.

I love the guy, and I’d love him in our squad next year. But his return unbalanced us last season, and I’m concerned that a) Warnock will see him as a first choice player, and b) he simply will not be good enough to help us achieve what we need to.

Squad player.
KWest

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Not once did I say he has actually left us I was describing a hypothetical scenario the poster I referenced asked about.

Engage your brain before trying to be cocky eh.

so that is not saying he has left the club and is hypothetical. Engage your brain before spouting bullshit is more appropriate I think... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bluebird For Life

Return to General Chat