Welsh roads reduced to 50mph

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 pm

The Assembly has decided to reduce from 70 to 50mph on the following roads from next week.

The Welsh Government is imposing the temporary limits, among other measures, in an attempt to reduce levels of nitrogen dioxide where emissions exceed the legal limits.

It is believed that nitrogen dioxide emissions are at their lowest when cars are travelling between 40 and 50mph.

It is estimated that poor air quality contributes to around 2,000 premature deaths annually in Wales.

A494 at Deeside

A483 at Wrexham

M4 between Junctions 41 & 42 (Port Talbot)

M4 between junctions 25 & 26 (Newport)

A470 between Upper Boat & Pontypridd

Now bear in mind this is Wales where the assembly have failed to close Aberthaw power station named Europe's dirtiest power station and believed to be accountable for over 18,000 premature deaths, they have allowed the construction of an incinerator right smack in the middle of Barry and also not preventing the dumping of radioactive mud just off the coast of Cardiff from across the water in England.

This trial attempt is crap in the grand scheme of pollution in Wales but hey I'll Hazard a guess speed cameras will be introduced eh....
WelshPatriot

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Welsh roads reduced to 50mph

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 pm

On most of those roads you will be lucky to get to 50mph...
Bluebird For Life

Postby City Slicker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:On most of those roads you will be lucky to get to 50mph...

Yes more like 50 miles per day
City Slicker

Postby MOZZER1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

is that all day long or just at peak times ?
MOZZER1

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:33 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:is that all day long or just at peak times ?

50mph at all times
WelshPatriot

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:38 pm

As a frequent driver of the car park that is m4 port Talbot all this is going to do is make the jams longer instead of 4miles be 8 miles ! And increasing pollution in process the speed cameras already cause a problem now they want to make it worse? Typical WAG clueless :old: :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm

I was driving into Cardiff City Centre at 5.30 this evening and it took twice as long as it should have because cars couldn't cross bus lanes because there were so many near empty buses in them leading to mine and many cars sending our fumes into the atmosphere
CF23 Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:I was driving into Cardiff City Centre at 5.30 this evening and it took twice as long as it should have because cars couldn't cross bus lanes because there were so many near empty buses in them leading to mine and many cars sending our fumes into the atmosphere

It's a well known fact that wag wants to restrict cars to 50mph on all main rds that are 50mph or more there's talk of the A40/48 in carmarthenshire being reduced from 70 to 50 :o
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Nothing more than a gimmick. The cars will still be throwing out their fumes, just take a bit longer before they clear the built up area. With all the heavy transport in our towns and cities throwing out their diesel fumes, can't see what this token gesture will achieve. Money must be involved somewhere.
Steve Zodiak

Postby MOZZER1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 pm

so 50mph at 3am in the morning is going to make a great difference
yeah righteo makes no bluddy sense at all
MOZZER1

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Nothing more than a gimmick. The cars will still be throwing out their fumes, just take a bit longer before they clear the built up area. With all the heavy transport in our towns and cities throwing out their diesel fumes, can't see what this token gesture will achieve. Money must be involved somewhere.

Steve it's just WAG trying to show everyone they are doing their bit for the environment without thinking what they are doing or the consequences of their actions? The camaras already cause traffic jams at port Talbot this will make situation twice as bad with 4miles or more of slow to stationary traffic in rush hour West bound even worse in evening rush! :banghead:
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 pm

M4 between Junctions 41 & 42 (Port Talbot) this is already 50mph with distance average speed cameras ?????
Igovernor

Postby dogfound » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:35 am

Igovernor wrote:M4 between Junctions 41 & 42 (Port Talbot) this is already 50mph with distance average speed cameras ?????

currently the 50 starts inbetween those junctions closer to 41 ........42 is the 1st of the Swansea junctions going west just after crossing the river.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:24 am

dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:M4 between Junctions 41 & 42 (Port Talbot) this is already 50mph with distance average speed cameras ?????

currently the 50 starts inbetween those junctions closer to 41 ........42 is the 1st of the Swansea junctions going west just after crossing the river.

Yes it's about a mile or so after junction 41 it's the turning for Fabian way makes no sense at all :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 am

WelshPatriot wrote:The Assembly has decided to reduce from 70 to 50mph on the following roads from next week.

The Welsh Government is imposing the temporary limits, among other measures, in an attempt to reduce levels of nitrogen dioxide where emissions exceed the legal limits.

It is believed that nitrogen dioxide emissions are at their lowest when cars are travelling between 40 and 50mph.

It is estimated that poor air quality contributes to around 2,000 premature deaths annually in Wales.

A494 at Deeside

A483 at Wrexham

M4 between Junctions 41 & 42 (Port Talbot)

M4 between junctions 25 & 26 (Newport)

A470 between Upper Boat & Pontypridd

Now bear in mind this is Wales where the assembly have failed to close Aberthaw power station named Europe's dirtiest power station and believed to be accountable for over 18,000 premature deaths, they have allowed the construction of an incinerator right smack in the middle of Barry and also not preventing the dumping of radioactive mud just off the coast of Cardiff from across the water in England.

This trial attempt is crap in the grand scheme of pollution in Wales but hey I'll Hazard a guess speed cameras will be introduced eh....

Fecking idiots haven't got a clue, they should be putting the speed up, people are more likely to have an accident while looking down at the speedo to make sure they are not speeding!

Then you are going to get tits in the outside lane doing 40 holding the road up and causing further delays, the journeys are taking to long as it is, it's hardly worth taking the car out these days as it is.
Bluebina

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Nothing more than a gimmick. The cars will still be throwing out their fumes, just take a bit longer before they clear the built up area. With all the heavy transport in our towns and cities throwing out their diesel fumes, can't see what this token gesture will achieve. Money must be involved somewhere.

Steve it's just WAG trying to show everyone they are doing their bit for the environment without thinking what they are doing or the consequences of their actions? The camaras already cause traffic jams at port Talbot this will make situation twice as bad with 4miles or more of slow to stationary traffic in rush hour West bound even worse in evening rush! :banghead:

Something does'nt add up Allan. In London they tried to cut down on pollution by introducing a congestion charge. In Wales they try to cut down on pollution by introducing a measure which will cause congestion. Looks to me as if it's all about the money.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:58 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Something does'nt add up Allan. In London they tried to cut down on pollution by introducing a congestion charge. In Wales they try to cut down on pollution by introducing a measure which will cause congestion. Looks to me as if it's all about the money.

Yes as lots cars get done at night for speeding along that stretch as camaras are infared and easy to go fast on quiet motorway! Also it is aim of WAG to make all suburban rds 20mph, WAG are glory seekers saying look at us we are 1st at doing this and that like smoking ban on beaches ECT ect there is no end to their pictorial ambitions of controlling our lives :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Xcasual » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:On most of those roads you will be lucky to get to 50mph...

I got 130 mph on the A470 in my 205gti 20 years ago passing upperboat. Darlington away I think and I was rushing to pick up skinny
Xcasual

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:26 pm

As the OP says, Aberthaw continues to pollute and is the most toxic power station in Europe, Barry gets an industrial 'biomass' incinerator/power station directly adjacent to residential areas and a dock that is undergoing redevelopment whilst Cardiff bay gets 300,000 tonnes of radioactive mud dumped from Hinkley Point.

And the WAG does literally feck all. I honestly can't think of anything the WAG has delivered of any significance. It's simply is a talking shop and gravy train for people who are happy to cheat for a living.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby blooey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:As a frequent driver of the car park that is m4 port Talbot all this is going to do is make the jams longer instead of 4miles be 8 miles ! And increasing pollution in process the speed cameras already cause a problem now they want to make it worse? Typical WAG clueless :old: :banghead:

Lower max speed reduces congestion - one of the biggest causes of congestion on motorways is decelerating suddenly, and accelerating again. Keeping a lower maximum speed nullifies that slightly, so will go on to reduce the congestion (that's why motorways lower the speed limits at peak hours!). Accelerating a car is also far dirtier than driving at a constant pace, so if the peaks and troughs are reduced, even if someone is driving for slightly longer, it'll end up better for the environment. :thumbright: :thumbright:
blooey

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:01 pm

blooey wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:As a frequent driver of the car park that is m4 port Talbot all this is going to do is make the jams longer instead of 4miles be 8 miles ! And increasing pollution in process the speed cameras already cause a problem now they want to make it worse? Typical WAG clueless :old: :banghead:

Lower max speed reduces congestion - one of the biggest causes of congestion on motorways is decelerating suddenly, and accelerating again. Keeping a lower maximum speed nullifies that slightly, so will go on to reduce the congestion (that's why motorways lower the speed limits at peak hours!). Accelerating a car is also far dirtier than driving at a constant pace, so if the peaks and troughs are reduced, even if someone is driving for slightly longer, it'll end up better for the environment. :thumbright: :thumbright:

people will still need to brake and accelerate though...
Bluebird For Life

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:As the OP says, Aberthaw continues to pollute and is the most toxic power station in Europe, Barry gets an industrial 'biomass' incinerator/power station directly adjacent to residential areas and a dock that is undergoing redevelopment whilst Cardiff bay gets 300,000 tonnes of radioactive mud dumped from Hinkley Point.

And the WAG does literally feck all. I honestly can't think of anything the WAG has delivered of any significance. It's simply is a talking shop and gravy train for people who are happy to cheat for a living.

I have got to know a few AM's over the years, and in all honesty, I don't think the ones I know would be capable of running a burger van, never mind running a country.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 pm

blooey wrote:

You obviously don't drive along m4 at talbot? Variable speed sections are great and do result in less jams but average speed cameras like ptalbot cause jams they cause the situation you've described sudden breaking ect ect funny how once the cameras finish after junction 41 the traffic starts moving with no jams. :thumbup: :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:As the OP says, Aberthaw continues to pollute and is the most toxic power station in Europe, Barry gets an industrial 'biomass' incinerator/power station directly adjacent to residential areas and a dock that is undergoing redevelopment whilst Cardiff bay gets 300,000 tonnes of radioactive mud dumped from Hinkley Point.

I have got to know a few AM's over the years, and in all honesty, I don't think the ones I know would be capable of running a burger van, never mind running a country.

Same here Steve including one who was elected who lives near to me and their largely useless. And I have absolutely no idea on precisely anything that our exiting 'first minister' has achieved. We need a WAG but one that actually delivers instead of just gassing and parochial political point scoring.
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Same here Steve including one who was elected who lives near to me and their largely useless. And I have absolutely no idea on precisely anything that our exiting 'first minister' has achieved. We need a WAG but one that actually delivers instead of just gassing and parochial political point scoring.

The 1st minister is a worm and good for sfa! Only need to look how he is squirming his way out of the sergeant affair to see this ? To say he is useless is more than an understatement he is only good for freeloading public events like champ league or rugby. :evil:
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:so 50mph at 3am in the morning is going to make a great difference
yeah righteo makes no bluddy sense at all

Totally agree.

I do Newport very early in the morning to AVOID the traffic that reduces it to about 50. Now it doesnt friggin matter.
Wayne S

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:10 pm

blooey wrote:

So to quote you " one of the biggest causes of congestion is decelerating suddenly, and accelerating again"

So I'm doing 70 on the M4 and suddenly thanks to this it becomes 50 so I decelerate, then suddenly after a while the 50 becomes 70 again so I accelerate.

So if your right the assembly are causing congestion.
WelshPatriot

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

The 1st minister is a worm and good for sfa! Only need to look how he is squirming his way out of the sergeant affair to see this ? To say he is useless is more than an understatement he is only good for freeloading public events like champ league or rugby. :evil:

He has been hopeless Al, the WAG is an absolute bag of shite. Aberthaw, Barry Incinerator and Hinkley waste are an example of key issues that the WAG should be sorting and they haven't. Charlatans.
GrangeEndStar

Postby palerider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Politicians won't mind they can always fly
palerider

Postby tcblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:36 pm

The Welsh Government did this, not the Assembly. They are different things, look it up ffs!

Also, Aberthaw is under UK Gov control, not Welsh Gov. We are only deemed capable of controlling energy up to 350mw in Wales as we are too twp like.

So don’t believe the fake news from the anti Welsh pro London cucks
tcblue

Next

Return to General Chat