UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Gaffer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No complaints about whos getting 1st choice but going forward it could end up a closed shop if most eligible with 7 or say 4 away game's will take up majority of allocation for other games how are others suppose to get enough games in to be eligible in subsequent games/seasons? Guess only answer is to go to midweek away games :old:

Or go last year???
Gaffer

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Gaffer wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:No complaints about whos getting 1st choice but going forward it could end up a closed shop if most eligible with 7 or say 4 away game's will take up majority of allocation for other games how are others suppose to get enough games in to be eligible in subsequent games/seasons? Guess only answer is to go to midweek away games :old:

Or go last year???

Well that's the cryteria now but for many reasons people couldn't go last season not everyone could afford the time or money ? whilst cant complain about rational the point is only same people will be eligible to get tickets for lots games and only midweek or big allocations will see others get tickets :old:
pembroke allan

Postby grange_end1927 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Or go last year???

Well that's the cryteria now but for many reasons people couldn't go last season not everyone could afford the time or money ? whilst cant complain about rational the point is only same people will be eligible to get tickets for lots games and only midweek or big allocations will see others get tickets :old:

Funny mate,they can all go this season and suddenly afford it :lol:

me and my son missed two away games last season,so rightly so we get two tickets for bournemouth :ayatollah:
grange_end1927

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

I agree with your point. However by the time we get to mid season there will be so many games on TV with awkward kick of times that demand will drop off- unless we do a Leicester!

Yes demand will drop but as long as game on wkend most fans can make it its fri/mon night games that will see availability for tickets :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:13 pm

I think the criteria is fair and brilliant for Bournemouth and the first couple after that but to then bring in them Premier League games into it then for the ones later on to the season is completely unfair.

I did only do 2 away games last season Villa and Derby and I work Saturdays and used up all my holidays by November 2017 so found it difficult to get Saturdays off and so on.

Fully agree with Pembroke Allan on this.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I think the criteria is fair and brilliant for Bournemouth and the first couple after that but to then bring in them Premier League games into it then for the ones later on to the season is completely unfair.

I did only do 2 away games last season Villa and Derby and I work Saturdays and used up all my holidays by November 2017 so found it difficult to get Saturdays off and so on.

Its a difficult one but the way its set out if city stay in premiership you will have same problem as only limited number of fans will qualify again! Only solution i see is buying away tickets for the games that do become available even if cant go to game? that way hopefully will accrue enough games to qualify next season , what people forget is there are more smaller capacity grounds of under 30k than large ones in premiership, so allocations will barely cover the cryteria now so preventing people from getting the necessary amount required to get away tickets for next season. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm

this is not new it happened last time we got promoted and anyone who took the slightest bit of interest in going away then or to any of the all ticket away games in the championship since knew what was coming...
looks like i wont be going to Bournemouth but those that meet the criteria deserve the tickets.
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Last time we were in the prem I managed to get to a few of the smaller earlier games. West Ham , villa, hull and palace.

There will be plenty of opportunity to get tickets for games like this.

Am hoping to be able to go to Fulham again this season, great away trip that
paulh_85

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 pm

dogfound wrote:this is not new it happened last time we got promoted and anyone who took the slightest bit of interest in going away then or to any of the all ticket away games in the championship since knew what was coming...
looks like i wont be going to Bournemouth but those that meet the criteria deserve the tickets.

Keep looking mate, you might get lucky if people don't take up their tickets fingers crossed
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Last time we were in the prem I managed to get to a few of the smaller earlier games. West Ham , villa, hull and palace.

There will be plenty of opportunity to get tickets for games like this.

Am hoping to be able to go to Fulham again this season, great away trip that

Correct Paul.

Last time tickets were fairly easy to come by for most games, the Club didn't aven take up the full allocation for some games as they didn't think they would sell them and they had to pay for them all.

Off the top of my head if I remember correctly, Man Utd Away was on a Tuesday Night and there were loads of spare tickets floating around for anyone who wanted one.

Man City, I'm not convinced we sold out did we? and if we did same as above loads of spares knocking about as I know lads who went.

Spurs was early on a Sunday and we either didn't sell out or took a reduced allocation.

Chelsea we had a reduced allocation of 1,200 I think it was after the trouble.

Everton and Liverpool was hard to get tickets for but other than that it was a walk in the park, everyone is getting all giddy because its Bournemouth, its fair close and the allocation is low.

Second away game at Huddersfield we should get 2,500, 3,000 tickets, I will be impressed if we sell all them.
RV Casual

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I think the criteria is fair and brilliant for Bournemouth and the first couple after that but to then bring in them Premier League games into it then for the ones later on to the season is completely unfair.

Its a difficult one but the way its set out if city stay in premiership you will have same problem as only limited number of fans will qualify again! Only solution i see is buying away tickets for the games that do become available even if cant go to game? that way hopefully will accrue enough games to qualify next season , what people forget is there are more smaller capacity grounds of under 30k than large ones in premiership, so allocations will barely cover the cryteria now so preventing people from getting the necessary amount required to get away tickets for next season. :old:

Yeah it is a difficult one for the ticket office/club but they got it spot on the first part with Bournemouth then the next 4 after that but then to include the Premier League games after them 5 I think it's really unfair because the same people that will get tickets from last season will then qualify again so no-one will really get in again.

Paul I think you have take into account the club are in a fantastic place on and off the field when back then we was in red so there was chance quite a few tickets would crop up where this time around I don't think it will be like that personally.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 am

grange_end1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Or go last year???

Funny mate,they can all go this season and suddenly afford it :lol:

me and my son missed two away games last season,so rightly so we get two tickets for bournemouth :ayatollah:

I was thinking that also! :thumbright:

It's supporters like you an your son (and many others I know of) who have been the loyal mainstay of City's away games. Suddenly, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon but don't want to wait in the queue!

City's traditional away support was first class in recent seasons and it's only right that the guys who put themselves out to follow the club in the Championship should be at the front of the queue for the initial Premier League games

There will be plenty of opportunities to travel away this season (bigger capacity stadiums) so there will be few excuses for supporters who want (or are able) to build up their numbers

As the season goes on, the criteria will change again and allocations will depend on how many games have been attended THIS season

It's always disappointing when tickets are limited but I think the majority of supporters accept the Bournemouth situation but a little more patience and a little less selfishness is required from one or two who have suddenly found the wanderlust for travelling to Cardiff City away games!

Those who go should enjoy; Bournemouth a fantastic opening game and a great place to visit in August! :ayatollah:
Attachments
Bournemouth.jpg
Bournemouth.jpg (8.73 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Gaffer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Or go last year???

Came in to money over the last month, have they? People who went away regular last year should be rewarded; simple as. You talk some shit.
Gaffer

Postby pezza4646 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 pm

I won't go to many , not worried about the bigger games.....wait too see prices..might give tickets away for a small fee...as the so called man Utd, Liverpool, etc be asking around for tickets
pezza4646

Postby pengamblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Spurs game we should have 6000+tickets surely enough for current sth as well
pengamblue

Postby Aderynlas 1927 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Did six away games last season. Seven if you count a wasted trip to Derby. Can't make Bournemouth but will be going to Huddersfield. Off to torquay Friday too.
Aderynlas 1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Gaffer wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Gaffer wrote:

Or go last year???

Came in to money over the last month, have they? People who went away regular last year should be rewarded; simple as. You talk some shit.

Just as much as you do :knob: :blob4: :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:20 pm

pengamblue wrote:Spurs game we should have 6000+tickets surely enough for current sth as well

unlikely...Spurs policy last season at Wembley with plenty of capacity for most games was to give away fans 3k that they were obliged to.
i know we give clubs extras but some clubs dont want to give opponenents any advantage by having a bigger than necessary away support..besides they will fill WHL with their own fans..
dogfound

Postby nathansfmachine » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:41 am

I am only down for one away :-). I usually do more but we had twins last November. I was going to millwall and bought train tickets then sky changed it to a Friday and couldn't go. I also was on my way to derby and it got called off. Bought a ticket and train ticket for Brentford and it got called off. As I only had 1 away got a villa ticket under someone else's name. Don't fancy my chances at all this season of watching any away games. :-(
nathansfmachine

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:03 am

I remember last time we were in the PL my partner and I had only done 2 always the season before but we managed to get away tickets no problem. We went the the West Ham awayfirst match of the season, villa, Liverpool, palace amongst other games so I don’t think there will be a problem bar the first away game. This time around the first away game I can get to is October and I intend on doing quite a few after that but I hope they dont then say for these games you have to have done away games already this season it’ll be abit unfair. Will have to wait and see but I can’t see it being that difficult to get away tickets as long as you’re on the ball with them.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby maccydee » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:15 am

bluebird58 wrote:How do people start to go to away games if the allocation goes to those who have been before. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 14 years now and now retired so away games are more accessible for me now . Will I be entitled to a Bournemouth ticket?

Plenty of tickets going last year.

If they wish to start to go to away games in the Premiership and they miss out for fans who went last year then I think that’s a positive thing.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:36 am

But you will be able to get saturdays off this year?
maccydee

Postby gergisabluebird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 am

No news on prices yet ?

but the Bournemouth ticketing site shows the following for last seasons prices: -

Stand Adult Consession
Family 32 19
North 32 19
South 32 19
Main Outer 37 30
Main Centre 45 34
East Outer 33 19
East Centre 38 30
Executive 55 40

Nothing on away supporters pricing, but the cap of 30 for away fans is unlikely if home supporters are charged more - Welcome to the Premier League - game one
gergisabluebird

Postby epping blue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:14 am

gergisabluebird wrote:No news on prices yet ?

but the Bournemouth ticketing site shows the following for last seasons prices: -

Stand Adult Consession
Family 32 19
North 32 19
South 32 19
Main Outer 37 30
Main Centre 45 34
East Outer 33 19
East Centre 38 30
Executive 55 40

Nothing on away supporters pricing, but the cap of 30 for away fans is unlikely if home supporters are charged more - Welcome to the Premier League - game one

I think the cap was universely applied last year with the exception of Arsenal. I did 16 last season although I did a couple last minute so got tickets at the ground. I've been grounded for Bournmouth though, wifes arranged a meal with friends up the shard. I've pleaded my case, its only 10 minutes from Waterloo and all that but its not going to wash. My only hope was the game being moved. Looking forward to Huddersfield though.
epping blue

Stand Adult Consession
Family 32 19
North 32 19
South 32 19
Main Outer 37 30
Main Centre 45 34
East Outer 33 19
East Centre 38 30
Executive 55 40

I think the cap was universely applied last year with the exception of Arsenal. I did 16 last season although I did a couple last minute so got tickets at the ground. I've been grounded for Bournmouth though, wifes arranged a meal with friends up the shard. I've pleaded my case, its only 10 minutes from Waterloo and all that but its not going to wash. My only hope was the game being moved. Looking forward to Huddersfield though.
epping blue

Stand Adult Consession
Family 32 19
North 32 19
South 32 19
Main Outer 37 30
Main Centre 45 34
East Outer 33 19
East Centre 38 30
Executive 55 40

epping blue

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Stand Adult Consession
Family 32 19
North 32 19
South 32 19
Main Outer 37 30
Main Centre 45 34
East Outer 33 19
East Centre 38 30
Executive 55 40

the vast majority of home fans were charged more than 30 quid last season..but the cap stood
dogfound

Postby Ccfc32cardifflondon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:15 pm

People complaining about not being able to go to B'mouth need to have a word with themselves. Where was the support for Norwich away for example which turned about to be a huge day (last ten mins win & Brentford getting goal last kick of game against Fulhan). Loads of other games where support was low. Absolutely priority should go to those that go away not if you have a season ticket at home for x years.
Ccfc32cardifflondon

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:58 pm

maccydee wrote:

But you will be able to get saturdays off this year?

Well I have no option to work my Saturdays and ideally I would prefer an earlier shift but been waiting for something to crop up to change my Saturdays but like I said I used up all my holidays last year where this year I haven't.

Don't know what you tried to achieve really with your 'question'.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat