Neil Warnock: 'I phoned Nuno'

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: I PHONED TO CONGRATULATE NUNO ESPIRITO SANTO

Postby Sven » Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 am

Neil Warnock: 'I phoned Nuno to congratulate him on Championship title'
By Matthew Jones

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has revealed that he phoned Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo to congratulate him on winning the Championship title.

Wolves secured the title after a 4-0 win at Bolton Wanderers in April, with promoted Cardiff finishing 2nd in the table.

Despite tensions arising between the two coaches after their Championship clash last month, Warnock has revealed that he phoned the Portuguese manager to congratulate him for his success.

"I met him (Nuno) last week at the LMA do," Warnock told Talksport.

"I rang him up last week and said well done to him, because he's done a great job. I know they've had money and they get the sort of posh people of our league, but you've still got to spend it right and bring the right sort of players in And even if the agent [Jorge Mendes] brings them in, you've still got to get them into a team and they've been super this year.

"I had a good chat with him. I think (he was) surprised when I rang him but life's too short and he's a nice man."

Wolves and Cardiff will join Fulham in the Premier League next season, with Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City heading in the other direction.
Attachments
Santos.jpg
Santos.jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 1461 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

NEIL WARNOCK: I PHONED TO CONGRATULATE NUNO ESPIRITO SANTO

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Neil Warnock: 'I phoned Nuno'

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 am

Neil Warnock: 'I phoned Nuno to congratulate him on Championship title'
Warnock: 'I congratulated Nuno on title'© Offside

By Matthew Jones

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has revealed that he phoned Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo to congratulate him on winning the Championship title.

Wolves secured the title after a 4-0 win at Bolton Wanderers in April, with promoted Cardiff finishing 2nd in the table.

Despite tensions arising between the two coaches after their Championship clash last month, Warnock has revealed that he phoned the Portuguese manager to congratulate him for his success.

"I met him (Nuno) last week at the LMA do," Warnock told Talksport.

"I rang him up last week and said well done to him, because he's done a great job. I know they've had money and they get the sort of posh people of our league, but you've still got to spend it right and bring the right sort of players in And even if the agent [Jorge Mendes] brings them in, you've still got to get them into a team and they've been super this year.

"I had a good chat with him. I think (he was) surprised when I rang him but life's too short and he's a nice man."

Wolves and Cardiff will join Fulham in the Premier League next season, with Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City heading in the other direction.
Attachments
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-2.jpg
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-2.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: I PHONED TO CONGRATULATE NUNO ESPIRITO SAN

Postby dogfound » Sun May 27, 2018 11:29 am

in todays other news there is a suffragettes meeting outside the castle at 3pm
dogfound

Postby Sven » Sun May 27, 2018 11:47 am

dogfound wrote:in todays other news there is a suffragettes meeting outside the castle at 3pm

We look forward to your positive and informative contribution soon (breath held not!) ;) :laughing6:

On a more positive note, I thought it was nice to see this particular episode put to bed, as it didn't reflect well on the manager or the club at the time. We have to play them next season (apparently not Villa or Swansea though?) and better a good relationship than a bad one, so we can concentrate on the football rather than the sideshow
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby paulh_85 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:in todays other news there is a suffragettes meeting outside the castle at 3pm

We look forward to your positive and informative contribution soon (breath held not!) ;) :laughing6:

On a more positive note, I thought it was nice to see this particular episode put to bed, as it didn't reflect well on the manager or the club at the time. We have to play them next season (apparently not Villa or Swansea though?) and better a good relationship than a bad one, so we can concentrate on the football rather than the sideshow

Was nice to see it put to bed (weeks ago) I agree.

Must be a slow news day.

Bring on the World Cup :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Sun May 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Sven wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196631&p=2014623&hilit=nuno#p2014623
dogfound

Return to General Chat