' The Bookmakers make Cardiff City Favourites '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 am

' The Bookmakers make Cardiff City Favourites to be related from the Premier League '

NEIL WARNOCK WILL RELISH THIS CHALLENGE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The bookmakers don't like the Bluebirds' chances of surviving in the top flight, though the outlook is better for Wolves and Fulham.

Sunday 27th May 2018

This is the predicted 2018/19 table based on each team's relegation and title-winning odds. We've given the top six's title-winning odds and the chances of relegation for the other teams.

All odds according to SkyBet and correct at time of publishing.

1. Manchester City — 8/13 to win title

2. Liverpool — 9/2 to win title

3. Manchester United — 7/1 to win title

4. Chelsea — 11/1 to win title

5. Tottenham — 12/1 to win title

6. Arsenal — 25/1 to win title

7. Everton — 25/1 to be relegated,

8. Leicester — 14/1 to be relegated

9. Southampton — 9/1 to be relegated

10. Wolves — 6/1 to be relegated

11.Bournemouth — 11/2 to be relegated

12. West Ham — 5/1 to be relegated, 500/1 to win title

13. Newcastle — 5/1 to be relegated, 750/1 to win title

14 . Crystal Palace — 9/2 to be relegated

15. Burnley — 10/3 to be relegated

16. Brighton — 5/2 to be relegated

17. Fulham — 5/2 to be relegated, 1000/1 to win title

18. Watford — 2/1 to be relegated

19. Huddersfield — 11/8 to be relegated

20 . Cardiff City — 5/6 to be relegated
Attachments
Db92kZrX4AEHt55.jpg
Db92kZrX4AEHt55.jpg (109.47 KiB) Viewed 6093 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' The Bookmakers make Cardiff City Favourites '

Postby mucker » Sun May 27, 2018 6:57 am

And what were their odds last August for us to be promoted?
mucker

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:15 am

mucker wrote:And what were their odds last August for us to be promoted?

And last season huddersfield were 5/6 favourites to be relegated. But they stayed . Up. Hmmmm
troobloo3339

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

And last season huddersfield were 5/6 favourites to be relegated. But they stayed . Up. Hmmmm

Huddersfield spent over 43m last summer which undoubtedly helped them, how much will City invest this summer?
Team spirit alone will not keep you in the Premier League so it will be interesting to see who Neil Warnock brings in and come August we should have a better idea how we are likely to get on. You need that extra quality for the step up ideally most with Premier League experience.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sun May 27, 2018 8:23 am

This suits us, being underdogs, people underestimating us. We thrive in that.

It's when there are expectations we struggle.

It's funny that during the season we were at our best when we were up against it in adversity... injured players and hardly able to put a team together.
AfricanBluebird

Postby BlueAlbert » Sun May 27, 2018 8:53 am

Nothing like being the underdog :bluescarf: :ayatollah: I'm confident we will stay up in blue this time :thumbright:
BlueAlbert

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 am

I’d say the bookies have it spot on but I don’t care!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun May 27, 2018 10:27 am

There’s one thing the bookies haven’t factored in. Our United and vocal fan base, with the Canton Stand in particular being the 12th man towards the later end of last season. Let’s get the stadium rocking next season, irrespective of the score, and hard or go home! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Bluebina » Sun May 27, 2018 10:32 am

What would the odds be to bet on us staying up then ???

Now would probably be the best time, while Tan and Warnock are pretending we are going to spend feck all :thumbup:

The odds will drop before the season starts and a lot after ten games, I think ???
Bluebina

Postby Dazzy » Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 am

Surprised such good odds are being offered for Southampton...I’d have them down as a team that we’d need to be competing with to stay up.
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby Bluebina » Sun May 27, 2018 10:45 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:There’s one thing the bookies haven’t factored in. Our United and vocal fan base, with the Canton Stand in particular being the 12th man towards the later end of last season. Let’s get the stadium rocking next season, irrespective of the score, and hard or go home! :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

The bookies aren’t daft and the odds are probably correct right now, but you and others above they may have underestimated Tan Warnock the togetherness of the squad and the fans.

Warnock will absolutely love this and use it to his advantage I can see his meeting with Tan now, they all think you can’t back the team enough to keep us up, I know you can though, you the best owner I have ever had, and this is what I need .....
Bluebina

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Huddersfield spent over 43m last summer which undoubtedly helped them, how much will City invest this summer?
Team spirit alone will not keep you in the Premier League so it will be interesting to see who Neil Warnock brings in and come August we should have a better idea how we are likely to get on. You need that extra quality for the step up ideally most with Premier League experience.

And how much did wba and stoke and Swansea spend
It's not about how much but how well you spend in Warnock and dalman I trust
troobloo3339

Postby maccydee » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am

I do worry about seeing getting three teams that will finish below us but then last year we all probably thought there would be loads of teams to finish above us but that didn’t happen.

In Warnock I trust.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Sun May 27, 2018 11:00 am

all quite tight..with the bookies thinking there are 11 teams more likely to be relegated than Man Utd can finish 1 place higher nxt season.
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 am

maccydee wrote:I do worry about seeing getting three teams that will finish below us but then last year we all probably thought there would be loads of teams to finish above us but that didn’t happen.

In Warnock I trust.

When you look at the list of teams above it is hard to pinpoint 3 teams which would finish below us.

However, we all know it is not an exact science and clubs will have internal disputes, loss of form, bad luck and injuries which can derail a season.

What we need to do is learn from last time and not tear ourselves apart mid-season. Even if we did get relegated we have a capable Championship squad, the best Championship manager and a pot full of parachute money to get us back up.

I'm taking a longer view on our Premiership future which might involve being a yo-yo team over the next 5 years. Provided we keep our heads I'm confident we will spend most of the 2020's as a Premiership side :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 27, 2018 11:11 am

Is anyone else looking forward to relegation (sort of) and then another great Championship season in an even stronger position than this year?

Stronger squad, settled staff with Warnock remaining, a new set of parachute payments, bigger crowds because season tickets were bought while we still had a chance to survive, less debt and promotion again for the 2020/21 season.

:ayatollah:
Wayne S

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Totally agree that it’s not all down to money however one thing is for certain we need to add quality to the squad. You cannot compete in the top flight and hope to survive without strengthening. The more you spend on improving your squad and bringing in more quality the better chance you have of staying up. The more players with Premier League experience would also help. The board need to back Neil Warnock to bring in the players that he believes will improve the squad.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun May 27, 2018 11:25 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Totally agree that it’s not all down to money however one thing is for certain we need to add quality to the squad. You cannot compete in the top flight and hope to survive without strengthening. The more you spend on improving your squad and bringing in more quality the better chance you have of staying up. The more players with Premier League experience would also help. The board need to back Neil Warnock to bring in the players that he believes will improve the squad.

Not having ago but your reply above is a little confusing. You state that you totally agree it is 'not all down to money' but then seem to do a 180 degree turn by stating 'the more you spend' improves your chances of staying up. :?

So how much should City spend considering it is not all down to money but there is a need to increase spending to improve our chances?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby maccydee » Sun May 27, 2018 11:25 am

Wayne S wrote:Is anyone else looking forward to relegation (sort of) and then another great Championship season in an even stronger position than this year?

Stronger squad, settled staff with Warnock remaining, a new set of parachute payments, bigger crowds because season tickets were bought while we still had a chance to survive, less debt and promotion again for the 2020/21 season.

No, our fickle fans will get on NW’s back if we are fighting relegation.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 27, 2018 11:28 am

I believe that even if we are in the bottom 3 come Xmas, Warnock must still have the fans full backing and Tans for the whole season and I honestly believe he would save us from relegation if we were struggling :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby trotskie » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

Huddersfield, Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, Newcastle, west ham, wolves, Watford, Bournemouth.

We can finish above three of these!

Derby, Middlesbrough, Aston villa, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Fulham, hull.

The bookies thought these lot would finish above is last season!
trotskie

Postby maccydee » Sun May 27, 2018 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe that even if we are in the bottom 3 come Xmas, Warnock must still have the fans full backing and Tans for the whole season and I honestly believe he would save us from relegation if we were struggling :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Well said Annis.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Not having ago but your reply above is a little confusing. You state that you totally agree it is 'not all down to money' but then seem to do a 180 degree turn by stating 'the more you spend' improves your chances of staying up. :?

So how much should City spend considering it is not all down to money but there is a need to increase spending to improve our chances?

Of course money is important, it’s not everything but it’s one of the main factors along with team spirit and most importantly a good Manager.
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:I believe that even if we are in the bottom 3 come Xmas, Warnock must still have the fans full backing and Tans for the whole season and I honestly believe he would save us from relegation if we were struggling :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

100% with you on this, Annis :thumbright: :ayatollah:

We need stability and continuity more than ever right now. The club is slowly mending itself and the constituent parts (owner, management, fans, etc.) are finally jelling together!

Promotion this season was gloriously unexpected and we have the opportunity to build on this success. We have the manager and backroom staff to spring a few surprises and if (for some reason) it doesn't result in survival, we must be smart enough to realise that we have the right people in charge to go again next time!

Personally, I'm looking forward massively to next season and I have no pre-conceived ideas on how we will do

But, what I do know is it can't be any worse than last time we were there, so I'll embrace and enjoy! :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Attachments
CREST.jpg
CREST.jpg (113.88 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am

Bluebina wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Of course money is important, it’s not everything but it’s one of the main factors along with team spirit and most importantly a good Manager.

I meant to add we have a good squad with a good attitude, a great Manager, and if you have him £40 million, he would have s better chance than if you gave him £20 million, no matter what he gets he will do his best and we do have a chance !!!
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am

Couldn’t possibly imagine what my thoughts would be if we are in that position.

Let’s just hope we are not and the questions about Warnock won’t even be raised
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Sun May 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

I meant to add we have a good squad with a good attitude, a great Manager, and if you have him £40 million, he would have s better chance than if you gave him £20 million, no matter what he gets he will do his best and we do have a chance !!!
Bluebina

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:23 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Not confusing at all “ Not all down to money” means that there are other factors that come into account when it comes to maintaining your status, e.g. team spirit, injuries, wrong decisions, etc, etc however money is the biggest factor. Hence the more quality you have the more chance of maintaining your status. To get better quality you have to spend money/ be clever in the transfer window with loans/ freebies. Money buys quality. All 3 promoted clubs spent over 30m in the summer transfer window last season (Huddersfield 43m). Is it just a conincidence that 2 of the relegated teams i.e. Swansea & Stoke recorded a net profit in their transfer dealings last summer (only 5 clubs recorded a net profit). Cardiff are starting at a lower standard/benchmark compared to more established teams. If Neil Warnock believes we need 6 players then if you bring in 1/2 on loan or freebies and the rest where you need to spend to bring in better players than we have now then I believe 30-45m is a realistic figure. Take off that any outgoings. Fair to say that I believe that there are many players at the club which need to be released/sold.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Carlossus » Sun May 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:Is anyone else looking forward to relegation (sort of) and then another great Championship season in an even stronger position than this year?

my juices are flowing at the thought of a good relegation scrap i apologise to anyone if that sounds negative im only being realistic.i would not want to go back down, not many teams bounce straight back up though it would not be the end of my world im solid city whatever happens. i think your probably on your own there mate.
Carlossus

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Who cares if we are? Someone as to be and thats us will just enjoy the experience . :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat