Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Liverpool love-in?

Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm

I am a Cardiff fan because my Father took me to watch them, simple as that, but I have to remember, that when I was a kid and started following us we were bouncing back and forth between the bottom 2 divisions with some seriously low crowds and being honest there wasn't really much appeal (same for a lot I suppose).

In my class at School most of the kids supported Man Utd and Liverpool, a few Leeds, nobody supported Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea and nobody supported Man City.

It would be easy for me to slag them off, but what I have to remember is unless they had somebody to take them like I did, how would they ever have been a Cardiff fan when their only knowledge of Football would have been from the TV and Premier League.

I don't have a better fan attitude about it to be honest and I have mates that support Liverpool and to be fair have stuck it out, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, surely if anything it would be worse if they suddenly jumped on our bandwagon in terms of respecting them for the team they support.

It's going to be a generation thing and the only thing that will sway the tide in our favour is to stay in the Premier League.

Mon May 28, 2018 8:52 pm

So, to sum up these complete pr@cks who pretend to support a team they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with are soulless cretins who chose glory over their local Welsh team. Let them enjoy their soulless passionless life.....

VIVA GARETH BALE AND VIVA CARDIFF CITY MY LOCAL WELSH FOOTBALL TEAM :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Bananas wrote:So, to sum up these complete pr@cks who pretend to support a team they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with are soulless cretins who chose glory over their local Welsh team. Let them enjoy their soulless passionless life.....

VIVA GARETH BALE AND VIVA CARDIFF CITY MY LOCAL WELSH FOOTBALL TEAM :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

It's a good job the majority don't share your views or Cardiff would be one of the worst supported teams the Premier League has ever seen.

The amount of fans we have that bypass Merthyr, Newport and to some extent the Jacks to support us is huge so lets not be to hypocritical about it.

Tue May 29, 2018 12:50 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bananas wrote:So, to sum up these complete pr@cks who pretend to support a team they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with are soulless cretins who chose glory over their local Welsh team. Let them enjoy their soulless passionless life.....

It's a good job the majority don't share your views or Cardiff would be one of the worst supported teams the Premier League has ever seen.

The amount of fans we have that bypass Merthyr, Newport and to some extent the Jacks to support us is huge so lets not be to hypocritical about it.

But the majority clearly do?? :?

Tue May 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Bananas wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Except they don't though do they otherwise you would see endless trouble at Cardiff matches with the locals calling everyone from the Valleys, Merthyr, Neath Port Talbot, Risca, Blackwood, Ebw Vale, Cwmbran, Newport, Calditcott etc etc 'pricks and souless cretins who chose glory over their local Welsh Team'.

That doesn't happen so I would say the majority don't give a shit.

Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bananas wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Except they don't though do they otherwise you would see endless trouble at Cardiff matches with the locals calling everyone from the Valleys, Merthyr, Neath Port Talbot, Risca, Blackwood, Ebw Vale, Cwmbran, Newport, Calditcott etc etc 'pricks and souless cretins who chose glory over their local Welsh Team'.

Take Merthyr, it has a population slightly smaller than Shrewbsbury who have only just missed out on Championship Football.

Its has a multitude of towns on its doorstep with average sized populations like Aberdare, the top of the Rhondda, Mountain Ash, Bargoed, Rhymney etc etc etc, most of whom ignore Merthyr and support Cardiff.

Same with Newport with the City itself, average sized town like Cwmbran, Risca, Chepstow, Blackwood etc etc, loads follow Cardiff over County.

Then you have the Neath and Port Talbot lot who support us over the Jacks.

You basically just called a huge part of our fan base pricks who choose glory over their local welsh club.

Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bananas wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Take Merthyr, it has a population slightly smaller than Shrewbsbury who have only just missed out on Championship Football.

Its has a multitude of towns on its doorstep with average sized populations like Aberdare, the top of the Rhondda, Mountain Ash, Bargoed, Rhymney etc etc etc, most of whom ignore Merthyr and support Cardiff.

Same with Newport with the City itself, average sized town like Cwmbran, Risca, Chepstow, Blackwood etc etc, loads follow Cardiff over County.

Then you have the Neath and Port Talbot lot who support us over the Jacks.

You basically just called a huge part of our fan base pricks who choose glory over their local welsh club.

including calling himself a prick :laughing6:

Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Nothing worse than the Welsh arm chair fans supporting an English team 200 miles away who they only ever watch on TV talking about how "WE almost won the Premier league/Champions league" - these people need to get a grip and support their local team, even it that's Swapsea!

Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm

I know loads of Liverpool fans living in areas such as St Mellons who’s ages range from 16 to about 40, so they will never remember the glory years of the Kopite gobshites, however they all support the red rats. And glory in saying how much they hate their homevtown club Cardiff, very weird if you ask me :bluebird:

Tue May 29, 2018 8:59 pm

To quote Kevin Keegan, I would love it if we manage to beat Liverpool or Man Utd next season. Imagine how the plastics will feel if they lose to their local club! :laughing6:

Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bananas wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you really comparing a South Walian supporting Liverpool from their armchair equally to a South Walian turning up to watch the City?

Instead of supporting my local parks team or stopping off to watch Welsh League Taffs Well, I choose to commute the extra distance down the A470 to watch City.

I guess from your logic, this makes me one of your glory hunting plastics, although the first City game I ever watched was City home to Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night in the old Division 4 in front of a crowd of just under 3,000 when City were 14th in the table. :roll:

Tue May 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bananas wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you really comparing a South Walian supporting Liverpool from their armchair equally to a South Walian turning up to watch the City?

Instead of supporting my local parks team or stopping off to watch Welsh League Taffs Well, I choose to commute the extra distance down the A470 to watch City.

I guess from your logic, this makes me one of your glory hunting plastics, although the first City game I ever watched was City home to Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night in the old Division 4 in front of a crowd of just under 3,000 when City were 14th in the table. :roll:

Errrr... excuse me, I think you will find that I have said I don't give a shit who supports who, wherever they come from so go and roll your eyes somewhere else.

Bananas called fans who choose 'glory over their local welsh clubs' pricks not me, I merely pointed out he just called half our fan base pricks, an unavoidable fact I'm afraid whether you like it or not, and I'm not talking about Welsh League or Parks Football but there are two other Clubs in South East Wales who play in the same pyramid as us and are the 'Local Club' of thousands of our fans.

Let me reiterate, I personally do not care WHERE your from or the TEAM a person chooses to support but lets not be hypocritical about it, if someone from Aberdare or Cwmbran decided to support us now I would welcome them with open arms not call them 'Pricks' and tell them to f**k off and watch Newport or Merthyr which is what the idealistic 'support your local team' brigade would say... (when it suits).

Re: The Liverpool love

Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Wonder how many scouse kids walk around Liverpool with Cardiff kits on?

Pisses me right off the welsh love for them - load of tosh! Seen a lorry today with Never walk alone light behind the driver cab, and some 01443 number on lorry.

Sorry but I dont get it and wish the genration that backs liverpool on South Wales would now turn to back the Welsh prem side more!

I have cousins Cardiff born and bred support Liverpool.

I've never understood supporting a team from another city in another country.

Same here. Needless to say, we're not very close!