Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Full Pre-Season Away incl Torquay Away 4 Cardiff City "

Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 pm

hi cardiff play Torquay on 20 July at plainmoor

Cardiff City's pre-season fixtures :thumbright: :bluebird:

Friday 13th July — Taff's Well vs Cardiff City , Rhiw'r Ddar (7pm kick off)

Sunday 15th July – Truro City vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Treyew Road (2pm)

Monday 16th July – Tavistock AFC vs. Cardiff City (FT) , Langsford Park (7pm)

Tuesday 17th July – AFC St. Austell vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Poltair Park (7pm)

Wednesday 18th July – Bodmin Town vs. Cardiff City (FT) , Priory Park (7pm)

Thursday 19th July – Porthleven FC vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Gala Parc (7pm)

Friday 20th July – Torquay United vs. Cardiff City (FT), Plainmoor (7pm)

Saturday 21st July – Liskeard Athletic vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Lux Park (2pm

Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Premier League Side Cardiff City Added To Pre-Season Campaign

By Patrick Tinkler

May 25, 2018

Torquay United Football Club is pleased to announce that Premier League side Cardiff City are coming to Plainmoor for a pre-season friendly.
Former Torquay United manager Neil Warnock will be bringing his 1st team to Plainmoor on Friday, July 20 (kick-off 7pm). The Bluebirds had a tremendous 2017/18 campaign as they clinched automatic promotion to the Premier League.

“We’re very pleased to be hosting a friendly against a Premier League team,” said TUFC head coach, Gary Owers.

Cardiff City striker Rhys Healey enjoyed a successful loan spell at United last season scoring 6 goals from 8 appearances.

“It should be a special evening and we’re thankful to Neil Warnock, especially, for agreeing to bring his side,” added Owers. “I’ve spoken to Neil a couple of times and he helped us out by loaning us Rhys [last season]. He came back to us and offered us the game which we’re obviously very pleased about. It’s going to be excellent for everyone.”

Torquay United general manager Geoff Harrop knows that this is the type of game that the Yellow Army wants to see at Plainmoor.

“This is a fantastic pre-season game that the fans will be pleased with,” said Geoff. “It is shaping up to be a great pre-season campaign with more fixtures to be announced.

“A big thankyou to Cardiff City for supporting us in this way.”

Pre-season entry prices will be announced in due course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Torquay pre season

Fri May 25, 2018 5:32 pm

It will be nice not having to drive up the m5 to a game for once

Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm

hi my number is
i live in paignton

Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Paignton bluebird wrote:hi cardiff play Torquay on 20 July at plainmoor

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Updated: " Torquay pre season for Cardiff City "

Fri May 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Premier League Side Cardiff City Added To Pre-Season Campaign

By Patrick Tinkler

May 25, 2018
Torquay United Football Club is pleased to announce that Premier League side Cardiff City are coming to Plainmoor for a pre-season friendly.
Former Torquay United manager Neil Warnock will be bringing his 1st team to Plainmoor on Friday, July 20 (kick-off 7pm). The Bluebirds had a tremendous 2017/18 campaign as they clinched automatic promotion to the Premier League.

“We’re very pleased to be hosting a friendly against a Premier League team,” said TUFC head coach, Gary Owers.

Cardiff City striker Rhys Healey enjoyed a successful loan spell at United last season scoring 6 goals from 8 appearances.

“It should be a special evening and we’re thankful to Neil Warnock, especially, for agreeing to bring his side,” added Owers. “I’ve spoken to Neil a couple of times and he helped us out by loaning us Rhys [last season]. He came back to us and offered us the game which we’re obviously very pleased about. It’s going to be excellent for everyone.”

Torquay United general manager Geoff Harrop knows that this is the type of game that the Yellow Army wants to see at Plainmoor.

“This is a fantastic pre-season game that the fans will be pleased with,” said Geoff. “It is shaping up to be a great pre-season campaign with more fixtures to be announced.

“A big thankyou to Cardiff City for supporting us in this way.”

Pre-season entry prices will be announced in due course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's pre-season plans with Spanish opposition lined up -

Talk Sport

Thursday 24th May 2018

Neil Warnock has confirmed Cardiff City will once against visit Devon and Cornwall for their pre-season tour while a Spanish side are lined up before the 2018/19 Premier League commences :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Bluebirds boss, who has a home in Cornwall, took last season's squad to places like Tavistock and Bodmin before a friendly against Plymouth Argyle.

And after lauding the spirit among fans and players that trip generated, Warnock revealed it would be same again in July 2018. The club are expected to officially announce the pre-season schedule in the next week or two.

“People said to be ‘are you going to the Far East or America?’… I said ‘no no, we’re going to Cornwall," the veteran boss told talkSPORT .

“I have a nice week at home, we have two or three local games. In this case we are probably having five or six with the whole Under-23 squad as well.

“We stay at St Mellion, which is a lovely golf resort, and the fans come down in their numbers in caravans and tents for the week. It’s a super week; it’s great for the autograph hunters and we really train well down here.

“We’ve got a nice game against a Spanish team a week before the season starts that we’re going to announce shortly, and we’re going to play a couple of clubs further up north as well.

“It’s a mixture, but it should be enjoyable for our fans.”

Warnock also revealed he had tried to arrange a friendly against either Rangers or Celtic, but couldn't quite come to an agreement.

“I spoke to Brendan (Rodgers), but they start quite a bit earlier. With Celtic we were going to play them the first week we were back in training, but it was a bit too much.

“And Rangers, they don’t know which part of the European (qualifying) rounds (they’ll be in).

“We’d end up playing a reserve team. It wasn’t worth the gamble really. I thought let’s just get on with it."

Fri May 25, 2018 7:40 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: Updated: " Torquay pre-season for Cardiff City "

Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Love Torquay, will make a long weekend of it.

Re: Updated: " Torquay pre-season for Cardiff City "

Fri May 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Cardiff City's pre-season fixtures

Friday 13th July — Taff's Well vs Cardiff City , Rhiw'r Ddar (7pm kick off)

Sunday 15th July – Truro City vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Treyew Road (2pm)

Monday 16th July – Tavistock AFC vs. Cardiff City (FT) , Langsford Park (7pm)

Tuesday 17th July – AFC St. Austell vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Poltair Park (7pm)

Wednesday 18th July – Bodmin Town vs. Cardiff City (FT) , Priory Park (7pm)

Thursday 19th July – Porthleven FC vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Gala Parc (7pm)

Friday 20th July – Torquay United vs. Cardiff City (FT), Plainmoor (7pm)

Saturday 21st July – Liskeard Athletic vs. Cardiff City (U23) , Lux Park (2pm

Re: Full Pre-Season Away incl Torquay Away 4 Cardiff City "

Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Remember hearing a story about someone spray-painting 'CCFC' on an elephant at nearby Paignton zoo in the 70's - anyone know if this is true?

I do not condone animal abuse (if it was without consent :bluescarf: ) but cannot imagine a more bizarre reason for going to court than vandalizing an elephant...

Sat May 26, 2018 4:54 am

Just booked two nights, haven't told the wife yet, but hey.......she loves me.....I hope! :occasion5:

Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am

Several of the Under-23s fixtures will also include first team players.

Warnock said:

“After last summer, we decided to continue my lovely relationship with Cornwall for a week. This time, the Under 23s will be playing every other night along with the first-team, so that everyone in the squad can get enough minutes under their belt that week.
“Last year was a success and I’m expecting even more of our fans to come down for a week’s holiday and what will be a great, family-oriented week!”

Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 am

Weekend the kids break up, Friday night, long weekend. Torquay away will be a sell out. Don't think the away sections holds more than a thousand.

Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am

JJ1927 wrote:Weekend the kids break up, Friday night, long weekend. Torquay away will be a sell out. Don't think the away sections holds more than a thousand.

Holds 1600 away fans if the area is extended . 1100 normal allocation.

I also think this will sell out quite easily

Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 am

I’m sure they won’t have a problem giving us more of the ground.
It’s only a friendly and can’t see more than 2000 home fans - if that.

Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am

i can accommodate a single or couple for any of the fixtures for a night/weekend for the measly price of a few beers :occasion5: just message me if interested :bluescarf:
Regarding the other posts regarding sellouts Ect, Will these games be ticketed??? I went to the Argyle game last season and payed at the gate. :ayatollah:

Sat May 26, 2018 11:56 am

Anyone camping/vanning it!!

Can anyone please recommend a camping site in or around torquay for me and the kids some where by sea!!

Van with awning ill be staying in
Thanks

Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Would recommend Dawlish, its a hop skip and a jump from torquay by car or train, Cofton caravan park i highly recommend with excellent rates, indoor/outdoor heated pool, very friendly staff and excellent evening entertainment, it also has stunning town, beautiful beach, funfair, go karting ect ect. hope this helps :bluescarf: :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Sat May 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I’m sure they won’t have a problem giving us more of the ground.
It’s only a friendly and can’t see more than 2000 home fans - if that.

Just phoned the ticket office....no answer! No wonder they never top 20,000, no one there to sell tickets :D

Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks butty much appreciated will take a look on the website now!

I have 4 of the buggers so plenty to keep them entertained is a must!

Sat May 26, 2018 12:21 pm

I coincidentally booked a week in Torquay Monday 16th - Sunday 22nd. With wife and kids so could pop in and get some tickets for this