“ Talks Open on Lee Tomlin “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 am

Nottingham Forest 'open talks' over Tomlin move

Friday 25th May 2018

Nottingham Forest have begun work to sign Lee Tomlin on a permanent deal from Cardiff City, according to reports.

Conversations are understood to have already taken place between Forest and Tomlin’s parent club over the future of the forward, according to Nottinghamshire Evening Post Live.

Tomlin was permitted to leave Cardiff in a January deadline day loan swap with Jamie Ward, and went on to shine in Forest colours.

Forest boss Aitor Karanka said earlier this week that the 29-year-old was keen on making his stay with the Championship outfit permanent, and it appears initial talks over a move have now taken place.

Forest would have to pay a fee for the 29-year-old, who scored four goals and laid on three assists in 15 games for the east Midlands side.

Cardiff would be expected to try and bring in a reasonable chunk of the £2.9m fee they paid to Bristol City for the player last year.
Attachments
B9DD90A6-7412-4588-98C5-93ADE956B3E4.jpeg
B9DD90A6-7412-4588-98C5-93ADE956B3E4.jpeg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 6000 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Talks Open on Striker with Cardiff City “

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 am

Id personally keep him. He offers something we dont have. And to get a player similar too him would cost 10M due to promotion.
All clubs know we've come into money now
bluebird7291

Postby Wayne S » Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 am

Not recoup a reasonable chunk, recoup it all end of negotiations.
Wayne S

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 am

Let's hope Neil's son James can get a good deal for the club, e.g., Lee agrees to leave :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby Carlossus » Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Id personally keep him. He offers something we dont have. And to get a player similar too him would cost 10M due to promotion.

i think that would be a bad idea,he is happy at forest obviously fits into their style of play we want players who want to be here
Carlossus

Postby theclaw » Fri May 25, 2018 10:17 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Id personally keep him. He offers something we dont have. And to get a player similar too him would cost 10M due to promotion.

Never going to happen as Warnock has lost patience with him,let’s move on.
theclaw

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:30 am

Carlossus wrote:

i think that would be a bad idea,he is happy at forest obviously fits into their style of play we want players who want to be here

I get that. But sometimes this season we've missed a play maker in midfield. I just think a player similar too him would cost a fortune due to promotion.

If a chance at prem football (probably his last) cant get him up for it. Nothing will.
bluebird7291

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri May 25, 2018 10:55 am

Doesn't want, & never did want to be here in the first place, imho.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Fri May 25, 2018 11:24 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: Waste of space for us, grab as much as we can :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri May 25, 2018 11:27 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Doesn't want, & never did want to be here in the first place, imho.
:thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 25, 2018 11:40 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Doesn't want, & never did want to be here in the first place, imho.

I'm sure his agent would of checked if he was interested. Can't believe that!
ThomasC

Postby City Slicker » Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 am

Carlossus wrote:

Totally agree mate! We need better at Premier level anyway. And who's going to fund his daily train journey from Leicester anyway: of is it a flight?
City Slicker

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:53 pm

He hasn't got the right attitude, Warnock tried to work his magic with him and it didn't work. It was widely known he wasn't fit at Christmas. If you're happy to have players with this attitude at the club then I'm glad you don't pick the squad!
nubbsy

Postby Carlossus » Fri May 25, 2018 2:23 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Carlossus wrote:

I get that. But sometimes this season we've missed a play maker in midfield. I just think a player similar too him would cost a fortune due to promotion.

If a chance at prem football (probably his last) cant get him up for it. Nothing will.

take on board what your saying i have been saying ever since whittingham lost his flair we have been missing a play maker as much as i like and admire gunners for his tenacity hes prone to giving soft ball away. the premier is an unforgiving place yes we do need someone like tomlin somehow i cant see it happening.
Carlossus

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:15 am

Carlossus wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Carlossus wrote:

take on board what your saying i have been saying ever since whittingham lost his flair we have been missing a play maker as much as i like and admire gunners for his tenacity hes prone to giving soft ball away. the premier is an unforgiving place yes we do need someone like tomlin somehow i cant see it happening.

I can't see it either. I just think we need his type of player but ain't in the market to pay the going rate (for prem teams).

He will be gone I'm sure. But we will need a replacement, who will cost alot more than we get for him. Unless we pick up a decent free on high wages.
bluebird7291

Re: “ Talks Open on Lee Tomlin “

Postby Charlie Harper » Sat May 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Didn't ever get fit or relocate to Cardiff so for me he can feck off as long as we get the money back we paid for him
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Re: “ Talks Open on Lee Tomlin “

Postby Carlossus » Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Didn't ever get fit or relocate to Cardiff so for me he can feck off as long as we get the money back we paid for him

i can understand your sentiment his fitness doesnt seem to be a problem at forest though. the point is we need a playmaker it doesnt have to be him but someone with his guile and potential
Carlossus

Postby dogfound » Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm

im not sure its what club he is with is the problem..should he sign a 3 year contract at forest it will be the 5th 3 year contract he has signed at 5 different clubs in 4 and a half years...
i think we are very fortunate that Karanka got the Forest job as Tomlin must be running out of managers prepared to gamble on being able to get him motivated.
dogfound

Return to General Chat