“ NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE IS TARGETING “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Scottish market

Talk Sport

Thursday 24th May 2018

Another theme to come from Neil Warnock’s appearance on talkSPORT this morning was that the Bluebirds boss admitted he is targeting the Scottish market this summer.

Cardiff have already been linked with Ranger star Josh Windass and, having signed Callum Paterson 12 months ago, may look for similar value north of the border.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I have looked at two or three players in Scotland”

“We can’t start bringing stars in from all over the show. We have to bring in five or six players that will fit into the squad.
They have to be quality players and I have quite a number of options. I am looking at two or three players for every position.”

“The money people are talking about is crazy. I value someone at £5m but the club want £12-15m – it is silly money.”
Attachments
73B7813D-0E75-471E-A0F7-1F6FE3FCC9C0.jpeg
73B7813D-0E75-471E-A0F7-1F6FE3FCC9C0.jpeg (132.93 KiB) Viewed 8455 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE IS TARGETING “

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu May 24, 2018 6:23 pm

This concerns me, Paterson worked out really well for us in the Championship and he might step up to Premiership standard, but we need to bring in players who will strengthen our team.

Can anyone think of any player in the Scottish league who will strengthen our team? Apart from Celtic who will demand silly money for their overrated Championship standard players, I honestly think the rest of the SPL is on a par with League 1 standard at best these days.

I would look elsewhere for better value in higher standard leagues across Europe.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Dahboy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I hope not.
Dahboy

Postby Dahboy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This concerns me, Paterson worked out really well for us in the Championship and he might step up to Premiership standard, but we need to bring in players who will strengthen our team.

Can anyone think of any player in the Scottish league who will strengthen our team? Apart from Celtic who will demand silly money for their overrated Championship standard players, I honestly think the rest of the SPL is on a par with League 1 standard at best these days.

I would look elsewhere for better value in higher standard leagues across Europe.

I agree.
Dahboy

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm

It's an alternate management method when you haven't got a bottomless pit of cash.His method is based on years of experience and know-how and after what he' achieved only a fair-whether supporter would question his qualification to make these calls.
Sneggyblubird

Postby montyblue » Thu May 24, 2018 6:47 pm

This is the only thing i worry about with warnocks cv, his foreign contacts are limited if we look at most premier managers they are all foreign apart from hodgson old school allardyce etc, the 2 championship teams we where in competion with this season fulham and wolves both foreign managers and there teams full of foreign players so is neil out of his depth in the premiership and feels Scotland is foreign enough for him
montyblue

Postby Jock » Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 pm

A lot of Rangers Fans want Widass gone, shows well in flashes but I think the Championship is his level. That said NW does get the best out of his players.
Jock

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm

I don't get how him and fans are targeting everyone around us but can't mention a single player from the Ligue 1, La Liga, Serie A etc..
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby BlueDredd » Thu May 24, 2018 8:43 pm

May aswell start targeting top 6 Championship players.. The SPL offers no better
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 pm

I would never question a manager with so many promotions, neither should anyone in here, most in here play championship manager and still fail.
BobbyBlue

Postby bluemun » Thu May 24, 2018 9:11 pm

I believe that a lot of Championship players can make the step up and it's more demanding than Scotland.
I'll be surprised if Paterson is a first teamer next season as well.
I really hope that we can sign the best of the Championship plus a few loanees from top Premier clubs.
bluemun

Postby ThomasC » Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 pm

The budget must be so stingy to be looking at Scotland as the 'go to' country for bright young talent. If all concerned more comfortable dealing at this level then it's for the best
ThomasC

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:01 am

These players who play in the Scottish league is for One and only reason.... . Because they are shit!
CardiffBatman888

Postby CardiffOz » Fri May 25, 2018 2:35 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This concerns me, Paterson worked out really well for us in the Championship and he might step up to Premiership standard, but we need to bring in players who will strengthen our team.

Only one that springs to mind is Tom Rogic from Celtic
CardiffOz

Postby Wolfpac » Fri May 25, 2018 7:02 am

CardiffOz wrote:

Only one that springs to mind is Tom Rogic from Celtic

Very good player, doubt they would sell him mind.

Doesn’t our old boy Nicky Maynard now play for Aberdeen, maybe we’re targeting him ha ha
Wolfpac

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 am

Probably go back in for Johnny Hayes.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluebina » Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 am

There have always been some great players that come from the Scottish League, like Van Dijk !!!

In Warnock we trust :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Bluebina

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 am

Bluebina wrote:There have always been some great players that come from the Scottish League, like Van Dijk !!!

In Warnock we trust :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

That's a great point that. Southampton absolutely smashed it with that transfer :thumbup: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby tonythomas » Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 am

Three who could possibly do a reasonable job as squad players IMO would be Graham Shinnie from Aberdeen, especially if Gunnarsson doesn't sign.
James Tavernier from Rangers and John McGinn from Hibs.
tonythomas

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:41 am

tonythomas wrote:Three who could possibly do a reasonable job as squad players IMO would be Graham Shinnie from Aberdeen, especially if Gunnarsson doesn't sign.
James Tavernier from Rangers and John McGinn from Hibs.

Tavernier would be a brilliant signing :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 am

ThomasC wrote:     

And Wanyama :D
RV Casual

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 am

RV Casual wrote:
ThomasC wrote:     

And Wanyama :D

As long ad there not Scottish there might be a gem up there :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Patterson is great mind you :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby Wolfpac » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

Trevor Carson is definitely a goalie option for us, has been outstanding for Motherwell and I'd take a punt on Celtic's James Forrest
Wolfpac

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

Wolfpac wrote:Trevor Carson is definitely a goalie option for us, has been outstanding for Motherwell and I'd take a punt on Celtic's James Forrest

I'd even take scott brown...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Wolfpac » Fri May 25, 2018 12:36 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Trevor Carson is definitely a goalie option for us, has been outstanding for Motherwell and I'd take a punt on Celtic's James Forrest

I'd even take scott brown...

The Hardcore DJ and all around legend ... or the footballer :laughing6:
Wolfpac

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri May 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Bouna Sarr from Marseille please.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Rita Pidsdale » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Jock wrote:A lot of Rangers Fans want Widass gone, shows well in flashes but I think the Championship is his level. That said NW does get the best out of his players.

I was with some Rangers fans this week, who said they'd pay for his flight down to us. Rubbish and too light weight was the opinion.

If he joins he may prove wrong, but doesn't sound very promissing.

At best he's an average championship standard player.
I'm Leaving on a Jetplane
Rita Pidsdale

Postby Wolfpac » Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Bouna Sarr from Marseille please.

I prefer Rogan Josh from Taste Of Bengal Pontypridd :laughing5:
Wolfpac

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:48 pm

How well do you know the Scottish league?

I don't see how you can ask that question unless you do. There has been plenty of great prem players to come from the spl.
nubbsy

Postby tonythomas » Fri May 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Better value in other leagues in Europe ??
Sorry,Just can't make too much sense of that. Not got the finances to bankroll players from La Liga,Ligue 1,Bundesliga or Italian.
NW prefers dealing in "British" players primarily, and so it makes both sense on a financial and tactical sense given the style of play he prefers to look to Scotland and the Championship for talented youngsters with a sell on value.
Truly can't see him scouring the European market.
tonythomas

Next

Return to General Chat