Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's budget for next season

Fri May 25, 2018 10:06 pm

RV Casual wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Personally not too bothered to go down and back up. I would like warnock to have a decent 25 to 20m and take the best of the championship so we have the british based players in the main on same sort of wages keeping the excellent squad harmony. If we do go down we will bounce back with a stronger squad.

This going down and back up with back with a better squad doesn't work in reality though.

Last season Boro, Sunderland and Hull down, none back up.
Season before, Newcastle, Norwich, Villa down, one back up, Newcastle
Season before that, Hull, Burnley, QPR down, Hull and Burnley back up
Season before that, Us, Norwich and Fulham, none back up
Season before that, Wigan, Reading, QPR down, none back up
Season before that, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves down, none back up.

So out of the last 18 teams relegated from the Premiership only 3 have bounced back straight away and one of them was Newcastle United, one of the biggest teams in England, and out of those 18 only 4 will be in the Premiership next season.

The last thing we wan't to to is go straight back down.

Forgotten not one of last seasons promoted clubs were relegated last week. So trend as been broken? And relegated clubs had been in premier for around 7yrs or more :thumbup: I think

Re: " Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's budget for next season

Sun May 27, 2018 9:35 am

I would love to see Cardiff spend 30m but it won't happen. Tan was burnt badly last time we went up and because of that Warnock will have to look at the loan market and free agents. There is some quality in those markets.

I will state that the game has moved on since we were last in the premier with crazy prices for average players becoming the norm. This is something Tan has to realise, but as fans of this awesome club we also have to realise that this is the reality we face. Its going to be a tough season but im confident we will survive.