James McClean hints at move away

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: James McClean hints at move away

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 am

paulh_85 wrote:I’d sign him

Agree with you this time.
I think he's the type of player we need to and will sign.
He's got a nasty side in him and he's a good player.

Not sure what not wearing a poppy has to do with football but people are entitled to say what they like.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
CF3BLUE wrote:Can any of you elaborate on why you don't like his politics? The guy doesn't wear the poppy because it represents the British armed forces, the same force that committed a massacre in Derry (his home town). Are you surprised by that? What would you do in his situation?

Somewhat similarly; do you sing 'God Save the Queen' when viewing any British sports team?

Any answers other than "he's a pr*ck" etc...

Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

Absolutely spot on :clap:
Carpe Diem

Postby CityBlue93 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:40 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

West Brom, Wigan etc had nothing to do with bloody sunday so why should he have a problem with them? there's a massive difference between not wanting to support the organisation who came to your village and slaughtered tens of people, and avoiding a whole country?

genuinely can't believe people cant understand his perspective here, if a foreign army comes to your town and kills your people would you wear the army's crest once a year to show support? f**k no.
CityBlue93

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri May 25, 2018 2:42 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

West Brom, Wigan etc had nothing to do with bloody sunday so why should he have a problem with them? there's a massive difference between not wanting to support the organisation who came to your village and slaughtered tens of people, and avoiding a whole country?

genuinely can't believe people cant understand his perspective here, if a foreign army comes to your town and kills your people would you wear the army's crest once a year to show support? f**k no.

If I felt that strongly I wouldn’t go and live in that country either.
Carpe Diem

Postby RFMH » Fri May 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

If I felt that strongly I wouldn’t go and live in that country either.

Probs for the best it's a free county where everyone is allowed a view them.
RFMH

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
CF3BLUE wrote:Can any of you elaborate on why you don't like his politics? The guy doesn't wear the poppy because it represents the British armed forces, the same force that committed a massacre in Derry (his home town). Are you surprised by that? What would you do in his situation?

Somewhat similarly; do you sing 'God Save the Queen' when viewing any British sports team?

Any answers other than "he's a pr*ck" etc...

Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

I'm assuming you hold the same views to the large content of our support who don't particularly like the English, I can only assume that you cringe when our fans sing 'Oh England is full of shit' or the like and deplore any flags with 'Welsh not British' etc etc, I mean we have our own League here in Wales, why don't we ply our trade there, anything to do with money?
RV Casual

Postby Jock » Fri May 25, 2018 6:26 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

That army’s crest? Dear oh dear, the poppy is an emblem of remembrance for All who’ve fallen in conflicts, not any armies crest. McLean is a classless piece of shite who wasn’t even born when Bloody Sunday happened, he hates this country but loves its currency
Jock

Postby CityBlue93 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

That army’s crest? Dear oh dear, the poppy is an emblem of remembrance for All who’ve fallen in conflicts, not any armies crest. McLean is a classless piece of shite who wasn’t even born when Bloody Sunday happened, he hates this country but loves its currency

Never said it was the army's crest, I asked a hypothetical question of if people would wear something which represents the army which has caused them harm.. The poppy does and have an affiliation with the british army, the poppy appeal is concerned with helping British vets, and nowadays the poppy is generally linked to the royal british legion. If anyone thinks the poppy represents cubans, yugoslavians, or palestinian people who have fallen in conflict as much as it represents brits then i'd say they are being willfully ignorant.
CityBlue93

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:00 pm

I have no problem with his views, I respect his decision to not wear the poppy, and applaud him for the fact he has been so unyielding in his stance, when the football world seems to hate him, he just doesn't care....however I think he lacks the pace and skill to be a wide man, if we do get him though, try and play him as a box to box man, think he'll run non stop
bluebird04

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:I’d sign him

Agree with you this time.
I think he's the type of player we need to and will sign.
He's got a nasty side in him and he's a good player.

Not sure what not wearing a poppy has to do with football but people are entitled to say what they like.

He's a p@ick. Enough said
CF23 Bluebird

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

If I felt that strongly I wouldn’t go and live in that country either.[/quote

Exactly. If he has that much sustain for this country stay where you f@cking came from and play for Derry City and get paid £150 a week. Prick
CF23 Bluebird

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Deserved a right to his political views and could overlook that as sport should be an area politics doesnt hold weight.

Bit I don't think he is what we need as a player moving forward.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:54 am

Feck him the IRA loving Martin Mcguiness worshipping tw*t, dont want him anywhere near our club regardless of his ability.
1980s Bluebird

Postby FloridaBluebird » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 am

No loyalty, no thanks - sounds like a nonce
FloridaBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:56 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Feck him the IRA loving Martin Mcguiness worshipping tw*t, dont want him anywhere near our club regardless of his ability.

Totally agree the ira c**t
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Feck him the IRA loving Martin Mcguiness worshipping tw*t, dont want him anywhere near our club regardless of his ability.

Totally agree the ira c**t

Agreed
Bluebina

Previous

Return to General Chat