Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

James McClean hints at move away

Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 pm

James McClean hints at move away

23/05/18

Would this be a movement that interests Cardiff City, perhaps?

West Brom wide man James McClean has hinted that he wants to move away from The Hawthorns after relegation from the Premier League.

I wanted to leave in January and made no secret of that. I told the manager and chief executive at the time that I wanted to go.
With the move to Burnley in August, I was disappointed that didn’t come off. I was playing at the time so I figured ‘alright, it’s not too bad’.
I wanted to leave but the same thing happened; the club saying that I wasn’t going anywhere. The usual ‘you’re vital’, but as soon as the window closed, I didn’t play again.
Clubs might get a bid that’s too good to turn down. Or another club will offer you a deal that’s difficult for you to turn down. We’ll see what happens.

James McClean speaking to Irish Mirror
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: James McClean hints at move away

Wed May 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Would hate him at our club, and what he represents :bluebird:

Wed May 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Would hate him at our club, and what he represents :bluebird:

Spot on, agreed

Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Can't stand the prick

Wed May 23, 2018 7:51 pm

No thanks. Don’t like the way he plays the game.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:48 pm

He’ll end up at the Paedophile harbourers.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Hopefully goes abroad somewhere.

Wed May 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Politics aside, he's very basic in how he plays. Very early 90's premiership winger

Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Would hate him to sign for us he is a disrespectful prick who refuses to wear the poppy and he also scored the goal that put Wales out of a chance of World Cup Qualification so a BIG NO!!!!!! :banghead:

Wed May 23, 2018 10:15 pm

The Cobra wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Would hate him at our club, and what he represents :bluebird:

Spot on, agreed

Same here for me. Horrible guy

Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Don't worry every little thing is going to be alright we will not sign him :thumbup:

Wed May 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Please not I can't stand him. Horrible

Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 am

Wanker of the highest order

Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 am

I’d sign him

Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 am

Don't want this political idealist prick.

Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:I’d sign him

Shock contrarian comment :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

yeah, imagine making your decision on someones football ability not weather or not he wears a poppy :roll:

Thu May 24, 2018 12:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

yeah, imagine making your decision on someones football ability not weather or not he wears a poppy :roll:

Imagine basing your decision on both footballing ability and the fact the guys an absolute tosspot .

Let me know when he signs for Paul FC though

Thu May 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

Imagine basing your decision on both footballing ability and the fact the guys an absolute tosspot .

Let me know when he signs for Paul FC though

odd comment.

only one person in this thread has mentioned not signing him because of his football ability. :lol:

dont care about his political beliefs and im not going to get outraged at anyone who doesnt wear a poppy.

seems like a warnock type player to me who might be available cheap.

Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Can any of you elaborate on why you don't like his politics? The guy doesn't wear the poppy because it represents the British armed forces, the same force that committed a massacre in Derry (his home town). Are you surprised by that? What would you do in his situation?

Somewhat similarly; do you sing 'God Save the Queen' when viewing any British sports team?

Any answers other than "he's a pr*ck" etc...

Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:Can any of you elaborate on why you don't like his politics? The guy doesn't wear the poppy because it represents the British armed forces, the same force that committed a massacre in Derry (his home town). Are you surprised by that? What would you do in his situation?

Somewhat similarly; do you sing 'God Save the Queen' when viewing any British sports team?

I think the etc covers my response. :lol:

Thu May 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Bluesman wrote:Don't want this political idealist prick.

Nor me, can't stand the gobby prick :wave:

And he's rubbish !!!

Thu May 24, 2018 3:20 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:Can any of you elaborate on why you don't like his politics? The guy doesn't wear the poppy because it represents the British armed forces, the same force that committed a massacre in Derry (his home town). Are you surprised by that? What would you do in his situation?

Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

Thu May 24, 2018 5:27 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

Whilst he is perfectly entitled to hold the views he has and being from Londonderry that's understandable. But what's strange is that his anti British sentiments don't extend to refusing to ply his trade in the English Premier League. Anything to do with money?

It's a good point that. Plenty of other countries to live in and ply your trade

Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm

really like the guy, think he stuck by his morals when everyone is so quick to attack because of his political views which, to me, I can totally understand his views and accept them. however I don't think hes any better than what we have. he runs non stop, but its pace and a bit of trickery we need.

Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 pm

See all them comments saying he's a wanker and a c**t you're all right but he's a fukin nuisance on the pitch has a good strike on him and is everything you expect from a warnock player bit of bite etc,plus he's one them ones when he's against u everyone hates him but when he's your nuisance and he's hassling defenders you'd appreciate his footballing ability and most of all effort

Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Couldn't give a toss about his politics....Just a 29 year old winger who'd probably want a three year deal with no sell on value at the end of it.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm

He's a good player and I don't think the Baggies got the best out of him.
I think he's a principled, thoughtful bloke and that's very rare in footballers.
He has put up with lots of abuse from eejits who really know nothing about the so-called Troubles.
Innocent civilians were murdered by the British army on the streets of his city. Not one of those soldiers or their commanding officers have received a sentence fir what happened on Bloody Sunday.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Good player, would easily improve our squad.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Can't say I'm a fan, but he took his goal well for Ireland. He's entitled to his political views, like everyone else on this forum is.