Hard to admit this

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Hard to admit this

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed May 23, 2018 10:54 am

We are all in this together...........until we get there anwe throw the person who made it all possible under the bus.

Absolutely idiotic idea we are going to have clowns who are going to boo at full time if we lose 1-0 to man city at home I can see it now.
Llan_Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 am

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Great replace NW employ the best available manager then what? Replace 90% of players because new manager doesn't rate them or cannot get best out of them And what about the cost? Oh so simple isn't it to replace manager but that's a gamble same as buying players like madine isn't it T C? :thumbup:

New central midfield, new strikers. Right back, goalkeeper. Looking for at least 6 new first team players so over 50%. Warnock will be in charge of getting the right players :thumbup: :thumbup: I've stated what I have so my feelings couldn't be more clearer.

That's your opinion of what we need my point is new manager may see that totally differently? Every manager is different in way they play football so need different type players! like said it's simple to gamble and replace manager its the cost associated with doing so. You slated NW for choice of madine yet you want club to gamble on new manager what's the difference?
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed May 23, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby D.A.C. » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am

We will probably go on a winless streak at some point next season like most of the club's near the bottom of the premiership did at some point. The big difference was the likes of Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield all went on bad runs but stuck by their manager and ended up staying in the league. The 3 sides that went down all changed their managers.
D.A.C.

Postby T1JMO » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 am

Very foolish - takes us from 23rd to 2nd and you want to sack the guy!
T1JMO

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

D.A.C. wrote:We will probably go on a winless streak at some point next season like most of the club's near the bottom of the premiership did at some point. The big difference was the likes of Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield all went on bad runs but stuck by their manager and ended up staying in the league. The 3 sides that went down all changed their managers.

Why totally upset what the club is doing regards to finances because changing manager is going to surely be totally different in attitude to spending on players after all no one like NW is there? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 11:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Great replace NW employ the best available manager then what? Replace 90% of players because new manager doesn't rate them or cannot get best out of them And what about the cost? Oh so simple isn't it to replace manager but that's a gamble same as buying players like madine isn't it T C? :thumbup:

New central midfield, new strikers. Right back, goalkeeper. Looking for at least 6 new first team players so over 50%. Warnock will be in charge of getting the right players :thumbup: :thumbup: I've stated what I have so my feelings couldn't be more clearer.

That's your opinion of what we need my point is new manager may see that totally differently? Every manager is different in way they play football so need different type players! like said it's simple to gamble and replace manager its the cost associated with doing so. You slated NW for choice of madine yet you want club to gamble on new manager what's the difference?

My views are no way aligned to what the club thinks. They would $hit themselves picking the right manager after Warnock gave success. If it was my choice it's to sack Warnock and go get Silva and give him 40mil. Again, sorry if this offends.
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 am

T1JMO wrote:Very foolish - takes us from 23rd to 2nd and you want to sack the guy!

Yes, I would. But nobody needs to worry. I don't own CCFC :thumbup: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 am

Club offered Gunarsson a year's extention. Preparing for Premier League football :clap: :occasion5:
ThomasC

Postby BlueDredd » Wed May 23, 2018 12:01 pm

If we go up, and come back down with him then so be it.

We wouldn't be up there if it weren't for him.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm

It’s a difficult one, Warnock has done an amazing job for us in the championship, unbelievable infact but I can understand why some fans have reservations about him in the prem as he hasn’t previously proven himself in the premiership and there are questions over the players he has signed for good money although on the flip side he has brought in other good players cheaply. My biggest concern has been the way we set up in some of the tougher games this and following the opponents rather than playing our game like we did earlier in the season, I think we started to show to much respect to teams who didn’t deserve it.

Personally if I was Tan I would see what managers are available (Silva is set for Everton it seems) then I would decide on one of these two options.

Small budget – Keep Warnock 20/25m Max and see if he can keep us up and if not be ready for another push the following season.

Bigger Budget - Bring in a new manager if I thought one was available who has a track record and invest more heavily around the 50/60m mark.

Although in the end I think my gut would say keep Neil on the smaller budget.

Im not one of these romantic people who thinks Warnock deserves a job for life and that his backroom staff should be following in his footsteps etc. I was the same with Malky, loved him and thought he did a brilliant job in the championship but wanted him gone as soon as I thought he wasn’t up to it.

My experience with football though and this club is our fans will go say he deserves a job for life and then start to panic the moment we struggle.
2blue2handle

Postby JJ1927 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:08 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Makaay wrote:We are in the premier league because of one man. We need to support that man.

Warnock should not be sacked next season. Even if we get relegated he will retire after the season and the club will be in a much better position than when he took over. Personally i believe he will keep us up.

How do you work that one out if we are back in the Championship 2019/20 :?:

Because even if we go down as long as we act sensibly, we will no longer be subject to FFP restrictions, will probably have made a profit in the year of around £20 million even if he is given a transfer budget of £30-£40 million, will have future parachute payments which hopefully we wont waste this time, will have sold over 20,000 season tickets if we are not down before Easter and will have built a sustainable squad. In my reckoning that's a massive improvement to the situation Warnock inherited.
JJ1927

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 pm

very surprised Sven hasnt jumped in to call you negative yet.
paulh_85

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 pm

BlueDredd wrote:If we go up, and come back down with him then so be it.

Is that your opinion regardless or depending on the situation, because I would agree/disagree depending on what happens.

1.) If Warnock is not properly backed in the transfer market and we go down then so be it, pointless getting rid of him.

2.) If he is backed in the transfer market, we give it a good go, are in touch all season but go down fighting then so be bit.

3.) If he is backed in the transfer market, and we are rock bottom 10 points adrift at the new year not looking like winning or stringing 3 passes together then I would sack him same as anyone else.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm

D.A.C. wrote:We will probably go on a winless streak at some point next season like most of the club's near the bottom of the premiership did at some point. The big difference was the likes of Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield all went on bad runs but stuck by their manager and ended up staying in the league. The 3 sides that went down all changed their managers.

The difference being, Brighton, Newcastle and Huddersfield were never cut adrift, and never in a position where they thought they would be so sacking their managers would have been daft, Stoke were in the relegation zone after finishing in the top 10 for 3 of the previous 4 seasons. WBA were 4th from bottom and had obviously felt Pulis had taken them as far as he could so whilst I don't think they were the right decisions (it proved to be the case) you can kind of see why they did it.

If Huddersfield, Brighton or Newcastle had been cut adrift at Christmas or New Year with the investment they had put in their squads I'm sure they would have sacked their managers and brought someone in to freshen things up and give them a fighting chance.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Cut the lad a bit of slack fellas.

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.

sorry no
Warnock wastes money ...ffs
Marco Silva and European contacts...treble ffs.

I don't agree with all his points either but there is no need for people to start calling him a Jack etc just cos he has a different view point.

:roll:

it wasnt me that called him a jack :roll:
but its clear as day that he is looking to wind ..well it is to some..so is someone on a Cardiff messageboard deliberately winding passionate Cardiff fans open to being called one ?
dogfound

Postby Real_Blue_Really » Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 pm

BlueDredd wrote:If we go up, and come back down with him then so be it.

:thumbright:
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
Real_Blue_Really

Postby ae15 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.

sorry no

I don't agree with all his points either but there is no need for people to start calling him a Jack etc just cos he has a different view point.

but its clear as day that he is looking to wind ..well it is to some..so is someone on a Cardiff messageboard deliberately winding passionate Cardiff fans open to being called one ?

How is he deliberately looking to wind people up? He's trying to start a discussion on a matter which, quite frankly, is clearly worth a debate, and he's just getting shouted down. Happens in every single thread on this forum, especially from the people who shout snowflake whenever anyone gets offended by anything - you're the ones who are being offended by freedom of speech!
ae15

Postby dogfound » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

ae15 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

sorry no

How is he deliberately looking to wind people up? He's trying to start a discussion on a matter which, quite frankly, is clearly worth a debate, and he's just getting shouted down. Happens in every single thread on this forum, especially from the people who shout snowflake whenever anyone gets offended by anything - you're the ones who are being offended by freedom of speech!

freedom of speech?
im sure calling someone a wind up is covered within that..?
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed May 23, 2018 1:24 pm

To be honest my thinking is the other way entirely.

We need to do everything we can to make Warnock a key pillar the club is built upon.

It's not just what is on the pitch that needs considering, it is his influence in bringing harmony to the club - something he has achieved in just 18 months. We were on our knees before Warnock came - massive apathy amongst the fans, huge divides between the club and the fanbase and second from bottom of the league.

Now the club, the fans and the team are united as one and there is a real buzz around the whole city about CCFC.

It's not surprising that there are so many references and comparison's to the Eddie May era as for many this is the first time that the sheer joy of being a City fan has reached those heights that got us all hooked as kids back in the early 90s.

Seriously can anyone think of a more impressive turnaround, by any sporting team ever in history in such a short time? There probably are a few out there but these kinds of things don't happen very often - and if we don't build upon this we only have our selves to blame.

The thing is I genuinely believe that for us to be able to build upon this all we have to do is show Warnock our belief, trust and faith. He's the kind of guy that thrives on that and will do anything he can to take the club forward. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ae15 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:To be honest my thinking is the other way entirely.

We need to do everything we can to make Warnock a key pillar the club is built upon.

It's not just what is on the pitch that needs considering, it is his influence in bringing harmony to the club - something he has achieved in just 18 months. We were on our knees before Warnock came - massive apathy amongst the fans, huge divides between the club and the fanbase and second from bottom of the league.

Now the club, the fans and the team are united as one and there is a real buzz around the whole city about CCFC.

It's not surprising that there are so many references and comparison's to the Eddie May era as for many this is the first time that the sheer joy of being a City fan has reached those heights that got us all hooked as kids back in the early 90s.

[b]Seriously can anyone think of a more impressive turnaround, by any sporting team ever in history in such a short time?[/b] There probably are a few out there but these kinds of things don't happen very often - and if we don't build upon this we only have our selves to blame.

The thing is I genuinely believe that for us to be able to build upon this all we have to do is show Warnock our belief, trust and faith. He's the kind of guy that thrives on that and will do anything he can to take the club forward. :ayatollah:

I mean Leicester City, but yeah I think you make a good point. But I would counter that by asking whether Warnock is in for the long term at Cardiff? I can't see him staying beyond two seasons more maximum.
ae15

Postby pontyclunblue » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Look at the Burnley mantra, they went up, went back down straight away, back up again with the same manager, and look at them now.

Neil
Warnock deserves our support 100% for what he has done for Cardiff, and if we do go down, well Warnock will go for promotion number 9.
pontyclunblue

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 1:45 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:To be honest my thinking is the other way entirely.

Seriously can anyone think of a more impressive turnaround, by any sporting team ever in history in such a short time? There probably are a few out there but these kinds of things don't happen very often - and if we don't build upon this we only have our selves to blame.

I here everything you say, and you make some really good points but the only thing that has brought harmony to the Club mate is success. The second things start to go wrong and we are loosing week in week out playing shit Football that Club will become as toxic as it always has been and the Warnock love affair will be over.

Your analogy of the May era proves that entirely, from the huge crowds of that Championship winning Team averaging 8,500 in the bottom division the Club just didn't kick on, and a few crap seasons culminating in relegation and we were back to 3,000 crowds in the basement.

What we need to do is support Warnock 100% I agree with you and he needs to be backed in the transfer market by the board but he is not bigger than the Club and certainly isn't the future cos of his age so if things are going wrong he needs to be replaced that's the harsh reality of it.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm

pontyclunblue wrote:Look at the Burnley mantra, they went up, went back down straight away, back up again with the same manager, and look at them now.

Neil
Warnock deserves our support 100% for what he has done for Cardiff, and if we do go down, well Warnock will go for promotion number 9.

He does deserve our support 100% but you can't compare us with Burnley because they have got Sean Dyche who is in his mid-40's and seem's fairly loyal to them (for now) working on his project.

If we go straight back down and keep Warnock and he did take us back up he would be managing in the Premiership at 72 Years of age, I don't see the point of that personally, I really hope he keeps us up but if it goes wrong we need to let him go and look to the future or the Club could end up doing what it always does, 1 step forward 2 steps back.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Wed May 23, 2018 2:13 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pontyclunblue wrote:Look at the Burnley mantra, they went up, went back down straight away, back up again with the same manager, and look at them now.

Neil

He does deserve our support 100% but you can't compare us with Burnley because they have got Sean Dyche who is in his mid-40's and seem's fairly loyal to them (for now) working on his project.

If we go straight back down and keep Warnock and he did take us back up he would be managing in the Premiership at 72 Years of age, I don't see the point of that personally, I really hope he keeps us up but if it goes wrong we need to let him go and look to the future or the Club could end up doing what it always does, 1 step forward 2 steps back.

dont think it will come to that ,Warnock has said he would walk .
dogfound

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 pm

ThomasC wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:What planet are some people on

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).

Well the fact I didn't say who I aiming my comment at. Really makes people realise you are looking for bites.

Nice try though

Toys, pram. I'm not picking up your mess

That reply did make me laugh to be honest.
bluebird7291

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:What planet are some people on

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).

Well the fact I didn't say who I aiming my comment at. Really makes people realise you are looking for bites.

Nice try though

Toys, pram. I'm not picking up your mess

That reply did make me laugh to be honest.

All in good spirit :thumbup: the team need plenty of it next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby skiprat » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Lets hope Neil Warnocks tenure at city doesn't end up the same as Eddie mays .his first season was a triumph and will always be remembered.his second was a disaster as the club didn't back him.
skiprat

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Wed May 23, 2018 7:56 pm

I,ve just looked at the prem league table and from Arsenal down, i see no reason, with the addition of the 5 or 6 additions to strengthen the team, that City cant hold their own next season. Obviously, i dont expect us to do a Leicester, but consolidation is well within the teams capabilities. Warnock will be well up for the challenge next season, more so than any other i believe, its his last shot, we can clearly see his passion for City, and he deffo would not want to go down in what could well be his last season in footy management. This promotion season is the greatest season i have ever had as a bluebird. Next season is going to be a roller coaster as always, but i am !00% behind Warnock and his lads next season, no matter what, if we stay up, brill, if we go down under Warnock, so be it, he has given us the greatest time we all could possibly had wished for, and our club is definitely in a better position because of him :thumbup: :ayatollah:
plymouthbloobirds

Postby The Cobra » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

plymouthbloobirds wrote:I,ve just looked at the prem league table and from Arsenal down, i see no reason, with the addition of the 5 or 6 additions to strengthen the team, that City cant hold their own next season. Obviously, i dont expect us to do a Leicester, but consolidation is well within the teams capabilities. Warnock will be well up for the challenge next season, more so than any other i believe, its his last shot, we can clearly see his passion for City, and he deffo would not want to go down in what could well be his last season in footy management. This promotion season is the greatest season i have ever had as a bluebird. Next season is going to be a roller coaster as always, but i am !00% behind Warnock and his lads next season, no matter what, if we stay up, brill, if we go down under Warnock, so be it, he has given us the greatest time we all could possibly had wished for, and our club is definitely in a better position because of him :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Seconded :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
The Cobra

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 pm

I have realistic expectations, and that is why I believe Warnock should be given the opportunity to finish what he has started. I won't be calling for him to be sacked if we are fighting to survive in the PL. If we have a minimum of 3 sides who finish below us next season, as far as I am concerned that will be job done. That will give us the chance and the cash to hopefully progress from there.
Steve Zodiak

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat