Hard to admit this

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hard to admit this

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:15 am

I think Warnock should of been replaced.

Marco Silva out of work. Great contacts in the European market, it just hit home today how much money Warnock wastes in the transfer market.

If you can seperate Warnock the manager and Warnock the talent spotter, to stay in the Premier League the club should of been more ambitious. Sorry if this offends, Neil Warnock is a City legend and always will be but times have changed.
ThomasC

Hard to admit this

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hard to admit this

Postby D.A.C. » Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 am

Oh dear.
D.A.C.

Postby Makaay » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 am

We are in the premier league because of one man. We need to support that man.

Warnock should not be sacked next season. Even if we get relegated he will retire after the season and the club will be in a much better position than when he took over. Personally i believe he will keep us up.
Makaay

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:31 am

Makaay wrote:We are in the premier league because of one man. We need to support that man.

Warnock should not be sacked next season. Even if we get relegated he will retire after the season and the club will be in a much better position than when he took over. Personally i believe he will keep us up.

How do you work that one out if we are back in the Championship 2019/20 :?:
ThomasC

Postby D.A.C. » Wed May 23, 2018 9:36 am

He means financially. Although I didn't expect you to understand after reading that ridiculous opening post.
D.A.C.

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 am

D.A.C. wrote:He means financially. Although I didn't expect you to understand after reading that ridiculous opening post.

What's the finances got to do with fans? Same league = same as before
ThomasC

Postby wez1927 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 am

ThomasC wrote:I think Warnock should of been replaced.

Marco Silva out of work. Great contacts in the European market, it just hit home today how much money Warnock wastes in the transfer market.

If you can seperate Warnock the manager and Warnock the talent spotter, to stay in the Premier League the club should of been more ambitious. Sorry if this offends, Neil Warnock is a City legend and always will be but times have changed.

Victor is off again
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:41 am

When Cardiff couldn't fill the stadium it was great wasn't it for fans? Tickets cheap as chips or giving them away
ThomasC

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 am

What planet are some people on
bluebird7291

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 am

D.A.C. wrote:He means financially. Although I didn't expect you to understand after reading that ridiculous opening post.

We need to stay in the Premier League. Whats telling is not many fans believe we'll stay up. So perhaps not so ridiculous
ThomasC

Postby Bananas » Wed May 23, 2018 9:45 am

*its should HAVE been not should OF. Ggggggrrrrrr. Oh and your post is 100% crap :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby fred keenor » Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 am

Bye bye jack
Last edited by fred keenor on Wed May 23, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
fred keenor

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:47 am

bluebird7291 wrote:What planet are some people on

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 am

fred keenor wrote:Bye bye jack

Don't throw toys out the pram :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed May 23, 2018 9:58 am

Most of our team that just got promoted was talent spotted by Warnock you absolute plonker!!
Llan_Blue

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 am

ThomasC wrote:

Cardiff City have everything ready stadium wise and fanbase to maintain Premier League status. Are the club planning properly to ensure it?? MADINE, Tomlin, Bogle (£10mil).

Well the fact I didn't say who I aiming my comment at. Really makes people realise you are looking for bites.

Nice try though
bluebird7291

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

Most of our team that just got promoted was talent spotted by Warnock you absolute plonker!!

Yes. A CARDIFF city Legend. We are Premier League now
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Well the fact I didn't say who I aiming my comment at. Really makes people realise you are looking for bites.

Nice try though

Toys, pram. I'm not picking up your mess
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 am

Llan_Blue wrote:

A lot of players he had worked with before or seen them in action at Championship level. You do not agree we need a higher calibre of player now? Genuine q
ThomasC

Postby dogfound » Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 am

ThomasC wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

A lot of players he had worked with before or seen them in action at Championship level. You do not agree we need a higher calibre of player now? Genuine q

yes seeing people in action and knowing who they are...IS TALENT SPOTTING..
and guess what..we were not in the prem and not in a position to compete with prem clubs and their money when it came to signing up players
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 am

Cut the lad a bit of slack fellas.

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.
RV Casual

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 23, 2018 10:13 am

That's whats wrong with this World, no f*cking loyalty !!!

Terrible comments after all he has done for us.

We shouldn't write him off, he can keep us up if he is backed and everyone is behind him, he has as good a chance as anyone, people aren't sure we will stay up because they doub't we will invest enough to do so.

Marco Silva has been waiting for the Everton job for ages and why would he come here ?

Also he failed to keep Hull up who had spend a fair bit to try and stay up so why would he succeed here?

In my opinion, Warnock stays for two more seasons at least, and we start some succession planning now with his replacement Manager coming in to learn the ropes from the master, ready to take over when the time comes !!!
Bluebina

Postby Makaay » Wed May 23, 2018 10:17 am

ThomasC wrote:

We were on the brink of being a broke league one club. We would be a championship club in a great financial position. This is progress however this is all a pointless discussion. Warnock keeps us up. 15th position here we come. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Last edited by Makaay on Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makaay

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:19 am

RV Casual wrote:Cut the lad a bit of slack fellas.

He's only saying what a lot of people are thinking at the end of the day, it's not personal.

Thank you mate and 100% not personal. :thumbup: :thumbup: this is a footy forum and can discuss whatever I like. I wanted Warnock to be our Manager along time before his appointment.

Nothing but admiration for the man. If he reads this he'd wouldn't give a $hit either!! He's tough as old boots :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am

Makaay wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

We were on the brink of being a broke league one club. We would be a championship club in a great financial position. This is progress however this is all a pointless discussion. Warnock keeps us up. 15th position here we come. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yes, you right I did understand but was being facecious before. Better position yes. I just making the case that Premier League survival the best scenario and is the club doing everything it can for that :thumbup: :bluebird:
ThomasC

Postby dogfound » Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

Anyone who follows Football would/should know that players and managers have limitations, and whilst absolutely superb at what he does, the general consensus in Football circles seems to be that Warnocks limitations are the Championship, I'm not saying I agree with that BTW.

That's not an attack on him or putting him down, Usain Bolt was a sprinter, but would be a shit long distance runner, Mo Farrah is a long distance runner but could never cut it as a sprinter. Neil Warnock is a superb championship manager but the jury is out on if he can cut it at the top.

He deserves a chance so I disagree with the OP that he should have been replaced, but I can see where he is coming from, for me if we are in the bottom 3 at the start of the new year then that is absolutely fine, as long as we are fighting and in touch, if we are 10 points adrift and sinking like a stone then he goes.

sorry no
Warnock wastes money ...ffs
Marco Silva and European contacts...treble ffs.
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 10:31 am

Makaay wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

We were on the brink of being a broke league one club. We would be a championship club in a great financial position.

:lol: that's a slight over reaction if ever I have heard one.

We were never on the brink of being a League 1 Club. We made a poor management choice that was rectified after 11 games, so the new boss (Warnock) had 35 games to sort them out with what was more or less the same squad if not a little stronger than the team that had finished 8th the year before.

Don't forget, 6 of the starting 11 that played in the 0-2 win against Hull were already here pre Warnock and in the Forest Game 7 of the starting 11 were here pre Warnock.

My point is we were never that bad, Trollope was just a poor appointment, which to be fair to the board, they realised quickly and rectified.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 am

dogfound wrote:

sorry no
Warnock wastes money ...ffs
Marco Silva and European contacts...treble ffs.

I don't agree with all his points either but there is no need for people to start calling him a Jack etc just cos he has a different view point.

:roll:
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 23, 2018 10:42 am

Great replace NW employ the best available manager then what? Replace 90% of players because new manager doesn't rate them or cannot get best out of them And what about the cost? Oh so simple isn't it to replace manager but that's a gamble same as buying players like madine isn't it T C? :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 23, 2018 10:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:Great replace NW employ the best available manager then what? Replace 90% of players because new manager doesn't rate them or cannot get best out of them And what about the cost? Oh so simple isn't it to replace manager but that's a gamble same as buying players like madine isn't it T C? :thumbup:

New central midfield, new strikers. Right back, goalkeeper. Looking for at least 6 new first team players so over 50%. Warnock will be in charge of getting the right players :thumbup: :thumbup: I've stated what I have so my feelings couldn't be more clearer.
ThomasC

Next

Return to General Chat