A forum for all things Cardiff City

" For all the attendance lovers "

Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Full stats, even factors in mileage in one table:

Championship / League 1 & 2 home averages :thumbright:
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196446

THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Congratulations to Wolves and Cardiff on their promotion to the Premier League, the NFWFs have done their bit in relation to this blog with an increase of 1,060 on their away average from last season, whilst an extra 499 on average followed the Bluebirds on their travels.

Overall Leeds United are the best supported club on the road, they averaged 2,966 this season, 191 more than 2nd place Villa with the NFWFs taking third spot with an impressive 2,729, Wednesday were fourth with 2,470 despite an ambivalent season. Six clubs have averaged over 2k away from home in the second tier

Down at the other end of the table Burton Albion were the lowest travellers with 502. Reading finished 2nd bottom on 729 with the Allams ownership at Hull affecting their figures as they finished 3rd bottom and were one of just 3 Championship clubs averaging under four figures with their 921.

Cardiff City were 11th best away supported in the Championship :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: For all the attendance lovers

Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Craven Cottage proved the most popular ground for away fans with 2,379 on average visiting West London, the newly departed Oakwell finished in 2nd place and Bolton’s Macron Stadium made up the top 3,

No ground in the Championship averaged under 1k visiting fans but it was the clubs out of the way that did attract the fewest with Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Norwich and Cardiff being your least popular trips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:38 pm

I live stats like this. Huge increase in our away support. Clubs above all are bigger and in much better location than us.

Hats off to Middlesbrough away support considering what they used to take and location...

Fri May 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Why is the a relegation dotted line?

:lol:

Fri May 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Mileage / Away Support

Re: " For all the attendance lovers "

Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 pm

LEAGUE ONE

Blackburn Rovers may not have won the league but they were the divisions best travellers, their return to the Championship at the first attempt boosted their away followings, ending with an impressive average of 1,937, Portsmouth were nearly 400 further back and Bradford ended 3rd, six League One clubs averaged above 1k.

At the opposite end of the table it came as no surprise that Fleetwood had the fewest travelling fans with MK Dons second bottom and Bury 3rd.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:56 pm

League One waves goodbye to it’s most popular stadium as MK Dons got relegated, Stadium:MK attracted 1,245 visiting supporters on average, The Valley was second most popular and with nearly 8k away fans attending the Keepmoat in the final two games Doncaster was third.

Kingsmeadow was the least visited with just over 500 attendees per game, with outliers plymouth, Bristol Rovers and Gillingham making up the proverbial relegation zone.

Fri May 11, 2018 5:00 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Full stats, even factors in mileage in one table:

https://reeshowls.wordpress.com/2018/05 ... g-2017-18/

Championship home averages
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=196446

THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Congratulations to Wolves and Cardiff on their promotion to the Premier League, the NFWFs have done their bit in relation to this blog with an increase of 1,060 on their away average from last season, whilst an extra 499 on average followed the Bluebirds on their travels.

Overall Leeds United are the best supported club on the road, they averaged 2,966 this season, 191 more than 2nd place Villa with the NFWFs taking third spot with an impressive 2,729, Wednesday were fourth with 2,470 despite an ambivalent season. Six clubs have averaged over 2k away from home in the second tier

Down at the other end of the table Burton Albion were the lowest travellers with 502. Reading finished 2nd bottom on 729 with the Allams ownership at Hull affecting their figures as they finished 3rd bottom and were one of just 3 Championship clubs averaging under four figures with their 921.

Cardiff City were 11th best away supported in the Championship :bluebird:

Happy with away following maybe double it in prem,
home attendences were better but thought we should of had 23000_

" LEAGUE TWO AVERAGE AWAY SUPPORT "

LUTON / LINCOLN & COVENTRY IN LEAGUE TWO ALL AVERAGED OVER 1,267 FANS, WITH LUTON AVERAGING 1,391 AWAY FANS / VERY IMPRESSIVE :thumbright:

In the lowest tier of the EFL it’s Luton Town who take the plaudits for away numbers, their 4.5k following at Notts County on the final day saw them leap frog Coventry and Lincoln as the best travellers with an impressive 1,391 average, The Imps averaged 1,278 to Coventry’s 1,267.

Crawley Town were the lowest travellers in the EFL with 122, Morecambe’s 748 at the Ricoh on the Survival Saturday bumped their average up by 29 and to second bottom, Forest Green finished 3rd bottom.

Fri May 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Finally include the full 72 away averages to show where your team ranked in the Football League.

Fri May 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Birmingham aside all the clubs above us are big clubs with history, said it before will say it again a Cardiff with a history those clubs have would dwarf most. This club is crying out for a legacy to be left as Bellamy pointed out, it’s there you can almost touch it but it needs to be grown with established top flight football.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Birmingham aside all the clubs above us are big clubs with history, said it before will say it again a Cardiff with a history those clubs have would dwarf most. This club is crying out for a legacy to be left as Bellamy pointed out, it’s there you can almost touch it but it needs to be grown with established top flight football.

Gareth,

The only other club for me not bigger than us amongst that lot are Sheffield United, 70 plus years since real success and spent the last 4 yrs on The the lower leagues.
Sheff United averaged nearly 27,000 at home and never even made the play-offs.

SHEFFIELD UNITED HONOURS

Division One:
Champions: 1897–98

Division Two:
Champions: 1952–53

Division Three:
Champions: 2016-17 as (League One)
Runners-up: 1988-89

Division Four
Champions: 1981–82

FA Cup
Winners: 1899, 1902, 1915, 1925

Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Millwall impress me, I know London is a big place, but with all the competition and premiership football in London and the size of their home crowds, their away followings are top draw.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:Millwall impress me, I know London is a big place, but with all the competition and premiership football in London and the size of their home crowds, their away followings are top draw.

Totally agree Steve :thumbright:

Small club Millwall, so their Away Support is excellent :thumbright:

Fri May 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craven Cottage proved the most popular ground for away fans with 2,379 on average visiting West London, the newly departed Oakwell finished in 2nd place and Bolton’s Macron Stadium made up the top 3,

No ground in the Championship averaged under 1k visiting fans but it was the clubs out of the way that did attract the fewest with Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Norwich and Cardiff being your least popular trips.

I'm shocked to see Wolves down there mate :shock: and Leeds, considering how many Clubs are close to them,

Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Luton Town and Lincoln City stand out for me League 2/ Div 4, they put many other clubs in higher leagues to shame.

They’ve both just spent years in Athens Non-Leagues.

Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Millwall impress me, I know London is a big place, but with all the competition and premiership football in London and the size of their home crowds, their away followings are top draw.

Totally agree Steve :thumbright:

Small club Millwall, so their Away Support is excellent :thumbright:

Outstanding Annis, Fair play to them

Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Craven Cottage proved the most popular ground for away fans with 2,379 on average visiting West London, the newly departed Oakwell finished in 2nd place and Bolton’s Macron Stadium made up the top 3,

I'm shocked to see Wolves down there mate :shock: and Leeds, considering how many Clubs are close to them,

Wolves I can’t answer? Steve, Leeds out prices themselves for Away fans £40 on average :shock:

Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Luton Town and Lincoln City stand out for me League 2/ Div 4, they put many other clubs in higher leagues to shame.

They’ve both just spent years in Athens Non-Leagues.

Lincoln is well impressive :thumbup:

One thing I always remember about Lincoln is when I started watching us they were sponsored by the Echo aswell :lol:

Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Wolves I can’t answer? Steve, Leeds out prices themselves for Away fans £40 on average :shock:

Yeah, I was just thinking that, the cost with Leeds I suppose makes sense, some really interesting stats in there :thumbup:

Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Yeah, I was just thinking that, the cost with Leeds I suppose makes sense, some really interesting stats in there :thumbup:

Love reading them Steve :thumbright:

Fri May 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Interesting read - cheers for posting :thumbup:

Sat May 12, 2018 11:17 am

Some good and very interesting stats there

Cheers :ayatollah: