If we go up , what players in and out???

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Must have at least 10 mill budget.
BlueMoon1974
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

If we go up , what players in and out???

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 pm

If we go up I'll think amount it :lol:

I'd have thought we would need to spend closer too the 30m 40m mark to at least compete. Even that doesn't get you a lot anymore.

Anyway worry about that if we go up.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27873
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we go up I'll think amount it :lol:

I'd have thought we would need to spend closer too the 30m 40m mark to at least compete. Even that doesn't get you a lot anymore.

Anyway worry about that if we go up.


Same, 10m doesn't even get you a top striker in the championship these days. Britt Assombalonga cost 15m last season for Boro. Would agree that we'll need to spend somewhere between 30 - 40m if we do go up. Unless Warnock could find some real gems on free or loan.
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby wez1927 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Keep etheridge ,all the defence ,rals ,hoilet ,laing get rid of all the rest and up grade ,we need two top class pacey strikers to have a chance of staying up
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12866
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:Keep etheridge ,all the defence ,rals ,hoilet ,laing get rid of all the rest and up grade ,we need two top class pacey strikers to have a chance of staying up


We still need another keeper
Also in defence a first choice right back, a back up left back and in my opinion another top centre back.

Also then another wide player, although not sure if we will sell Wildshut or if he gives him another chance., at least 2 central midfielders probably 3 and another two strikers.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27873
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Bluebina » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Players will be reading this, I would say at least wait a week before these type of posts !!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8546
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm

If they are they've done us proud this season! !!
BlueMoon1974
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby streamfeeder » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

i am sure Warnock will keep this squad together they deserve their time in the prem, with 100 million minimum to plough into the club i hope we spend on or 5 or 6 young players that will fit the clubs identity to replace the 5 or 6 squad players that havent featured much and we don't spend it on overpaid prima donnas, i mean we could spend all that money and more and still finish bottom its such a hard ask to stay up, so spend it wisely in preperation for another spell in the championship and hope we got enough to stay up
But lets beat reading first :lol:
streamfeeder
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby noisycat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Wildschutt is not ours to sell, he’s on loan from Norwich. A goal scoring forward, a creative midfield player, a right back and another pacy winger.
noisycat
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Bluebina wrote:Players will be reading this, I would say at least wait a week before these type of posts !!!


Spot on. Posts like this are fine but not at this time when we are a week away from playing the biggest and most financially lucrative game in football. Couldn't be anymore inappropriate at this time and I hope it gets deleted. FFS.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:06 pm

noisycat wrote:Wildschutt is not ours to sell, he’s on loan from Norwich. A goal scoring forward, a creative midfield player, a right back and another pacy winger.


Warnock said if we go up he is automatically ours.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27873
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Dahboy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:41 pm

I know one thing if we do go up we will need to change our style of football.
User avatar
Dahboy
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Savigma » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:55 am

Keep


GK:
Etheridge
Murphy

Defence:
Morrison
Bamba
Manga
Bennett
Richards
Peltier

Midfield:
Ralls
Gunnarson (As much as I would have started Grujic over him every game, I want to keep him)
Damour
Tomlin
Halford

Attack:
Zohore
Bogle
Pilkington
Danny Ward
Madine
Mendez-Laing
Hoilett
Kadeem Harris
Patterson


I don't care about peoples opinions on some of those players' ability. If we achieve promotion, every single one of these players would have played a part one way or another, every single one has contribted in some way.
I don't like the idea of selling someone who has been through this emotional rollercoaster with us.
However

Release/Sell/Don't buy after loan

Bryson
Traore
Feeney
Wildschut
Lee Camp
Connolly (I just don't rate him...)
O'Keefe
Kenneddy
Jamie Ward
Rhys Healey


Considering we need a bigger squad in the prem than in the championship, we can use the funds from our winnings to replace the ones we release. I would say 3/4 first teamers, and the rest backups or cheap gambles I.E promising youngsters or 34 year old "stars" who want to show they still have it.

TBH I think this ^ "In & Out" scenario is the most sensible.

P.S I haven't included Grujic because I'm still having the impossible dream that we could sign him...or loan him back. I would do any of them.
Savigma
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 am

Dahboy wrote:I know one thing if we do go up we will need to change our style of football.


I’d keep our style of football as it’s led to more points than Malays league winning team and it’s what the players know.

If we try to match Premier Leauge clubs for passing and ball retention, we’ll have no chance. We need to stick to what we’re good at which is counter attack football, effort and a physical style of play.

Whilst appreciating its a film, I’d use the Jamaican Bobsled team in Cool Runnings as an analogy of trying to be something your not.

Just my opinion of course, but I’m all up for fair and hard hitting tackles. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby wez1927 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:35 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Dahboy wrote:I know one thing if we do go up we will need to change our style of football.


I’d keep our style of football as it’s led to more points than Malays league winning team and it’s what the players know.

If we try to match Premier Leauge clubs for passing and ball retention, we’ll have no chance. We need to stick to what we’re good at which is counter attack football, effort and a physical style of play.

Whilst appreciating its a film, I’d use the Jamaican Bobsled team in Cool Runnings as an analogy of trying to be something your not.

Just my opinion of course, but I’m all up for fair and hard hitting tackles. :thumbup:

Totally agree ,burley have done it they get the ball forward quick with width
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 12866
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby T1JMO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 am

"Must have at least 10 mill budget."

Are you on drugs? That won't even buy a Premiership strikers leg!
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:34 pm

No more dreaming!!!!!
BlueMoon1974
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 06, 2018 10:02 pm

GK:
Etheridge
Murphy

Defence:
Connolly
Morrison
Bamba
Manga
Bennett
Peltier

Midfield:
Bryson - if available for a reasonable fee
Ralls
Damour
Halford

Attack:
Zohore
Danny Ward
Madine
Mendez-Laing
Hoilett
Kadeem Harris
Patterson

LEAVE
Traore - leave
Feeny - leave
Wildschutt - leave
Lee Camp - leave
O'Keefe - leave
Kennedy - leave
Jamie Ward - leave
Gunnerson - leave
Tomlin - sell
Richards - sell
Bogle - sell
Pilkington - leave

Quite a few of the stays would be squad player. Obviously need another keeper.

Then another left back and centre back and a first choice right back.

Probably another 2 or 3 central midfielders

A first choice winger and another striker.

That's as a minimum.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27873
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 pm

I'd like to see us get:

Callum Robinson from Preston

Brooks from Sheffield United

If Southampton go down then Charlie Austin

Troy Deeney

I'd also have a look at Jerome with the way we play.

Joe Lolley possibly if Robinson is unavailable.

Bobby Reid from Bristol

Fernando Forestieri

Josh Murphy - Norwich

I think these would all add something to our squad!!
Nickoblue23
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 am

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 am

Grealish and Murphy!
Bridgwater Blue
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby wales1927 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 am

Get rid of zohore he's shocking mun
wales1927
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm
Location: Newport

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby City Slicker » Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 am

In hoping with the reported £170 million cash reward we can spend at least half of it on fees and wages: we will certainly need to spend a bit to get "Premium ready".

For me we have to spend on quality recruits at:
Right Back
Midfield, at least two, one a talented playmaker
Striker
Winger, quality as back up

I think we need at least 5 quality new first teamers and maybe an additional few good squad players, hopefully youngsters for development. I can see at least 10 players leaving.
City Slicker
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby welshrarebit » Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 am

I’d like to see us go in for joe Allan. And a cheeky punt to get Ramsay back. Can’t see him going for it but worth a go. I think those 2 would make a hell of a difference for us.
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon May 07, 2018 3:53 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I’d like to see us go in for joe Allan. And a cheeky punt to get Ramsay back. Can’t see him going for it but worth a go. I think those 2 would make a hell of a difference for us.


Has Ramsey Congratulated us on twitter or anywhere? Noticed nothing on Instagram where others have.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27873
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby T1JMO » Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm

City Slicker wrote:In hoping with the reported £170 million cash reward we can spend at least half of it on fees and wages: we will certainly need to spend a bit to get "Premium ready".

For me we have to spend on quality recruits at:
Right Back
Midfield, at least two, one a talented playmaker
Striker
Winger, quality as back up

I think we need at least 5 quality new first teamers and maybe an additional few good squad players, hopefully youngsters for development. I can see at least 10 players leaving.


No way can I see us spending £85m on players :?
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby streamfeeder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:I'd like to see us get:

Callum Robinson from Preston

Brooks from Sheffield United

If Southampton go down then Charlie Austin

Troy Deeney

I'd also have a look at Jerome with the way we play.

Joe Lolley possibly if Robinson is unavailable.

Bobby Reid from Bristol

Fernando Forestieri

Josh Murphy - Norwich

I think these would all add something to our squad!!


good call!! 2 out of 9 aint bad better than the itk twitter boys anyway lol
streamfeeder
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Re: If we go up , what players in and out???

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:08 am

streamfeeder wrote:
Nickoblue23 wrote:I'd like to see us get:

Callum Robinson from Preston

Brooks from Sheffield United

If Southampton go down then Charlie Austin

Troy Deeney

I'd also have a look at Jerome with the way we play.

Joe Lolley possibly if Robinson is unavailable.

Bobby Reid from Bristol

Fernando Forestieri

Josh Murphy - Norwich

I think these would all add something to our squad!!


good call!! 2 out of 9 aint bad better than the itk twitter boys anyway lol


its 3 really because NW has said he got out bid on Brookes
dogfound
 
Posts: 5765
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebirdforlife77, BluebirdWhitchurch, City Slicker, dogfound, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], LetchworthBluebird88, Majestic-12 [Bot], warebluebirds and 80 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.