Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Rowett: 'Cardiff fans have been texting me'

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Derby County boss Gary Rowett: 'Cardiff City fans have been texting me'

Gary Rowett: 'Cardiff fans have been texting me'
By Darren Plant, Reporter

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Derby County boss Gary Rowett has claimed that he intends to taunt a number of Cardiff City fans who have been texting his mobile phone for three months.

On Tuesday night, Derby came from behind to secure a 3-1 victory over fellow promotion contenders Cardiff, a result which earned the Rams a return to the top six in the Championship table.

After the match, Rowett revealed that he had been inundated with text messages from supporters of the Bluebirds and admits that he intends to get his revenge.

The 44-year-old told Sky Sports News: "Some Cardiff fan has got my number and gave it to his mates and they've been texting me for three months. Tonight, I'm going to text them at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am and 5am."

Derby will guarantee a playoff spot with victories in their remaining two matches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gary Rowett: 'Cardiff fans have been texting me'

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:14 pm

I saw him say that on Sky after the game last night. To be fair, I thought fair play to him.

Despite all that has gone on with this match, got a lot of time for Rowett. Another passionate manager and always speaks his mind. Respect him for that.

That said, I hope Derby fall out of the top six again.