MY VIEW: NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON : Those 3 should

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 am

NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON? :

Those 3 should not be starting !

(1) Wildschut : should not be playing football @ Championship level. End of ! Not even on the bench.

(2) Madine : works very hard & puts himself about - but lacks quality and scoring ability. Part of me can't help but think that he is only getting game time to justify what we paid for him.

(3) Gunmarsson : is a leader , a warrior , committed to winning and works hard. Against Forest he was outstanding - but that is a 1 in 5 statistic.

The reality is he lacks quality & pace.

Realistically we MUST WIN our last 2 games because one would expect or at least reasonably assume that Fulham will win their last 2 games.

Our best midfield are Ralls + Grujic + Paterson. Our forward line Hoilett + Zohore + Mendez-Laing. Our defence picks itself.

That is what we are ! For better or for worse - that is it ! We can not afford to mess about & lose our future !!

We go with that and let the chips fall where they may. :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
yanicsigns2_1440.jpg
yanicsigns2_1440.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
Derby-County-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Derby-County-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON : Those 3 sh

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 am

Absolutely 100% agree with you, Annis.
buckleys brewery

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:36 am

Agree annis, I know there is tiredness factors but in reality we should put our strongest 11 out at this stage of the season.

The other point....defence picks itself. This does mean no Manga at right back....it's clear teams are targeting that area against us, the space he leaves behind is crazy. A so assuming Pelts/Jazz take RB depends who's fit.
langstoneBlue

Postby Geoff Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 am

Annis,
Agree with you on all points. Two bad signings by Warnock and Madine( how he rates him is beyond belief) pity Grabban chose Aston Villa. Defence after last night drop Bamba(on the bench he looks tired) put Manga as centre back with Morrison. Right baclk Peltier, Richards ot Tahore. Midfield whether or not Bryson should start.
My prediction from January 2018 was 87 points at the end, lets hope we can win the next two games and get the 92points needed.
Geoff Blue

Postby splott bluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

Spot on Annis .
splott bluebird

Postby Crayfish » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am

Why should tiredness be a factor, we have played the same number of games as everyone else, possibly less as we no real run in the cups.
Crayfish

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 am

too tunnel vision our fan base, we got to look at facts. We play long ball, Zohore is a waste of time unless he turns his player (due to the way we play).
Madine wins headers and great link player, but yes off confidence and doesn't look like scoring. So they are both polar opposite.

As pointed out, its must win. So why are we still talking about 1 striker?
We should player both Madine and Zohore, Madine fick ons will help Zohore. They can both work off eachother.
bluebird7291

Postby Ray Bishop » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 am

Spot on! I’d drive Wildshit back to Norwich myself.
Before this season, whenever Madine played against us, he struck me as average. Of course, he had a good half season at Bolton and then we signed him. Despite this, I got a feeling he will score a massive goal for us before the season ends.
Ray Bishop

Postby Bluebird Always » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON? :

(1) Wildschut : should not be playing football @ Championship level. End of ! Not even on the bench.

(2) Madine : works very hard & puts himself about - but lacks quality and scoring ability. Part of me can't help but think that he is only getting game time to justify what we paid for him.

(3) Gunmarsson : is a leader , a warrior , committed to winning and works hard. Against Forest he was outstanding - but that is a 1 in 5 statistic.

Realistically we MUST WIN our last 2 games because one would expect or at least reasonably assume that Fulham will win their last 2 games.

Our best midfield are Ralls + Grujic + Paterson. Our forward line Hoilett + Zohore + Mendez-Laing. Our defence picks itself.

That is what we are ! For better or for worse - that is it ! We can not afford to mess about & lose our future !!

100% Correct!!
I cannot understand why Warnock has been chopping and changing in key positions.
Particularly bringing in gunersson at the expense of grujic.
Bluebird Always

Postby theclaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 am

Something must have happened with Grujic,was part of a great winning run and that clause in his contract.Very strange.
Agree on your post.
Huge dent last night but not only are we still in it the bloody Autos are still in are own hands.
:ayatollah: :bluescarf:
BELIEVE :bluebird: :occasion5:
theclaw

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 am

I do tend to agree with regards to the Hull game.

I wouldn't say Wildchut isn't a championship player, he has moments of quality but he was poor last night when he came on and the mistake really cost us. How many times have we seen Warnock say don't mess about with the ball in dangerous areas and to clear it. I don’t think we will see him again this season now. I don’t see how he is any better than Kadeem Harris either.

Gunner being rushed back has really unsettled the team and I just can’t understand why he was pushed back so quickly, he was excellent against forest but like you said that’s 1 in 5 games. He wont get dropped but he should.

Medine should go back to the bench, a striker clerly struggling with confidence, the service he has got since coming here has been poor but then he had it on a plate last night and missed it completely. I still think he will turn out to be a decent signing but with 2 games of the season to go we don’t have time to build his confidence, he has to be on the bench.

I also agree with the post above regarding Bamba, he looks lost at the moment, what was he doing with that pass against Forest? lucky he got away with that and struggled last night, one of a few players at fault for the equaliser jogging back keeping everyone onside.

Over to Warnock now, we have enough different options and it’s the midfield that needs to click, the wide players aren’t offering as much as they did earlier in the season and the central players need more energy and to be able to put a few passes together. If Grujic isn’t back I’d be tempted to go for a high energy midfield of Ralls, Bryson and Demour
2blue2handle

Postby Dahboy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:NO WILDSCHUT - MADINE - GUNNARSSON? :

100% mate
Dahboy

Postby Llantwit bluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 am

100% agree Annis. Wildshut looked good when he came off the bench against Forest but after his defensive calamity last night he lost confidence. Morrison 'I thought wasn't up to his usual high standard and was quite lethargic. Gunnarson has yet to reach his pre injury standard and lacks quality Madine is a waste of oxygen and I'm wondering if Bolton have pulled a fast one and sent us his untalented, unfit, 2 left footed twin. Also we struggle to make anything worthwhile happen without Hoillet on the pitch. I just hope the team reverts to our strongest line up against Hull. In Warnock we trust. :bluescarf:
Llantwit bluebird

Postby Dahboy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 am

Why do all the fans know what our best team is but not our manager lol
Midfield Ralls grujic Paterson easy demour come on if needed.
Dahboy

Postby wez1927 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 am

Totally agree, ralls Paterson and grulic should be our midfield 3
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Nickoblue23 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 am

Something must have happened with Harris behind the scenes as there's no way that Wildschut should be infront of him in my opinion.

Madine is lower league striker who scored a lot of pens and scrappy goals for Bolton. If you're investing that sort of money in a striker they need to be lower prem quality or top end Championship. Not a league 1 player on a purple patch. Look at who are rivals signed in Jan:

Wolves -Afobe
Fluham -Mitrović
Villa -Grabban

These 3 signings have scored 23 goals for our rivals and the sad truth of the matter is that they're all on loan & would cost less than our big signing.
Nickoblue23

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:37 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:Something must have happened with Harris behind the scenes as there's no way that Wildschut should be infront of him in my opinion.

Madine is lower league striker who scored a lot of pens and scrappy goals for Bolton. If you're investing that sort of money in a striker they need to be lower prem quality or top end Championship. Not a league 1 player on a purple patch. Look at who are rivals signed in Jan:

Wolves -Afobe
Fluham -Mitrović
Villa -Grabban

These 3 signings have scored 23 goals for our rivals and the sad truth of the matter is that they're all on loan & would cost less than our big signing.

Exactly, Mitrovic has been incredible, as Warnock stated in interview, he's hands down best striker in league so why the hell did we spunk our money on Madine ??
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Absolutely 100% agree with you, Annis.

I feel pretty sorry for them all, and think if we were ten games in Madine and Gunner, may have time to work themselves into the team, but with only two - five cup finals left, we need tom pick our best team, and those three wouldn't be in mine.

Madine and Gunner certainly on the bench as an option if all else is failing, but I agree not in the first team !!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Agree annis, I know there is tiredness factors but in reality we should put our strongest 11 out at this stage of the season.

The other point....defence picks itself. This does mean no Manga at right back....it's clear teams are targeting that area against us, the space he leaves behind is crazy. A so assuming Pelts/Jazz take RB depends who's fit.

i missed thaty point, again agreed it hals to be Pelts or Jazz as right back, Manga keeps getting caught with the long ball over the top !!!

I like Bamba protecting the defence for top teams like Wolves and Fulham, but drop Manga for Hull and Reading, unless bamba is still injured.
Bluebina

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:48 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself. Spot on!
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm

I agree fully with your view on WILDSCHUT & GUNNARSSON Annis but I still have a nagging feeling that MADINE will come good. He played well last night apart from the miss. He won headers and led the line well but is obviously low on confidence in front of goal.

As for the other two their contributions last night speak for themselves. :twisted:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby nubbsy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Annis, I know your a bug gunnars fan but your calling it as you see it! Grujic, Patterson and Ralls have to start at hull!
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks all for your honest replies and yes I was a massive Gunners fan, but I stand by what I say on all three players.

Hopefully Gary Madine proves me wrong.

Wildschut hmmm, can go now.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I agree fully with your view on WILDSCHUT & GUNNARSSON Annis but I still have a nagging feeling that MADINE will come good. He played well last night apart from the miss. He won headers and led the line well but is obviously low on confidence in front of goal.

As for the other two their contributions last night speak for themselves. :twisted:

Agree with you Tony though generally speaking the second half was probably the most un-like city performance I've seen this season and I expect Morrison knows the true meaning of Karma :lol: .
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebird Always » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Dahboy wrote:Why do all the fans know what our best team is but not our manager lol
Midfield Ralls grujic Paterson easy demour come on if needed.

You just hit the nail on the head!
No Gunnerson!
Since he has been introduced our midfield is too slow!
Plus he cant pass. Only had one good game in five!
Keep him out of the side!
Bluebird Always

Postby englishbluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm

What I will say about Wildschut was that he replaced a tired looking Mendez against Forest and did ok . I can see why Warnock had him in the squad against Derby . Obv didn't work out sadly. Madine was in to rough up Derbyshire centre backs a role zohore cannot do . Agree about Gunnar though
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 pm

I think Gunner was excellent against Forest but looked tired and off the pace last night, after being out injured for so long it no major suprise..I don't think he should start or be on the bench Saturday...he possibly should play a part against Reading though

Wildschut just had a nightmare, unfortunately this happens now and again to every player, but he has shown enough in his 15 minute cameos to warrant a place on the bench

Madine did ok with limited service and it's obvious that is confidence is shot at present, however has to be on the bench as plan B

I see no reason at all why we can't win our next two games, but the defence is going to have to get back to basics and cut the errors out

Grujic recalled in midfield is a definite possibility

Upfront back to Ken, Junior and NML and get them running at the defenders like they have for most of the season

Hull 1 City 2.....City 2 Reading 0 ..party time
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby noisycat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 pm

I agree that we should play KZ and JH up front but I would give Pilks a chance on the wing instead of NML,who recently is either very good or very bad. At least Pilks puts in some effort and gets in the oppositions face and is quite likely to pull a decent goal from nowhere. One mistake by Wildschutt doe not make him a bad player and there are others who have made bad mistakes, but they’ve got away with it. I wouldn’t start him but he’s worth a place on the bench but after last nights game, his confidence will be shot.
noisycat

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:42 pm

noisycat wrote:I agree that we should play KZ and JH up front but I would give Pilks a chance on the wing instead of NML,who recently is either very good or very bad. At least Pilks puts in some effort and gets in the oppositions face and is quite likely to pull a decent goal from nowhere. One mistake by Wildschutt doe not make him a bad player and there are others who have made bad mistakes, but they’ve got away with it. I wouldn’t start him but he’s worth a place on the bench but after last nights game, his confidence will be shot.

My issue with Pilks playing wide is he doesn't have the pace to go past players and I think we need that out wide especially the way we play. I think Pilks can feel hard done by not getting more game time but I can see why as well.
2blue2handle

Postby skiprat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Mid table Norwich paid £8 million for wildschut and they don't want him.
skiprat

Next

Return to General Chat