It's Over

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's Over

Postby Bluesman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:38 am

Championship for us next season. Won't get automatic or promotion through play offs. We have been playing crap for weeks and getting away with it. Don't get me wrong I want us to go up but I am a realist. Our most expensive signings Tomlin and Madine have been a total waste of money. End of rant. Please please prove me wrong and beat Hull on Saturday.
Bluesman

It's Over

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: It's Over

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

Bluesman wrote:Championship for us next season. Won't get automatic or promotion through play offs. We have been playing crap for weeks and getting away with it. Don't get me wrong I want us to go up but I am a realist. Our most expensive signings Tomlin and Madine have been a total waste of money. End of rant. Please please prove me wrong and beat Hull on Saturday.

Mmmm how can us being in 2nd with promotion in our own hands means we won't go up? Yes bad defeat but upto the self-destruction button we never looked like losing and nothing will change for Saturday? If city not going up means your a realist hate to be around when things are really bad! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:54 am

Have to agree. I hate being negative about it all as we have punched above our weight all season but to get so close and blow it at the end is hard to take. Last night was the big one in my opinion, we were 20 minutes away from a great result then we made 3 horrendous errors and the pressure got to us and literally threw the game away.

Our stand out performers have all gone AWOL in the last few matches espicelly Bamba who has been the oppositions best attacker in the past 2 games. Our record at Hull is abysmal last won there in 2011 and they're scoring goals for fun atm. Fulham will hump Sunderland and Birmingham so it'll be playoffs for us and we all know how that ends up.
D.A.C.

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:56 am

This was said in January. Also after villa. Yet we are still second. Calm down
bluebird7291

Postby Bonner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:59 am

Blimey ... as Neil would say, I wouldn't want you next to me in the trenches
Bonner

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:16 am

Looking at the remaining fixtures, and looking at current form, it is not going to be easy for us. I would make Fulham slight favourites, but football has a habit of proving us wrong. Both sides must be feeling the pressure.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:50 am

D.A.C. wrote:Have to agree. I hate being negative about it all as we have punched above our weight all season but to get so close and blow it at the end is hard to take. Last night was the big one in my opinion, we were 20 minutes away from a great result then we made 3 horrendous errors and the pressure got to us and literally threw the game away.

Our stand out performers have all gone AWOL in the last few matches espicelly Bamba who has been the oppositions best attacker in the past 2 games. Our record at Hull is abysmal last won there in 2011 and they're scoring goals for fun atm. Fulham will hump Sunderland and Birmingham so it'll be playoffs for us and we all know how that ends up.

The one good thing about last night is that it meant nothing really, lose one nil or ten nil or draw six all, it still means we only have to beat lowly Hull and Reading to go up automatically, failing that win the playoffs with the most experienced Manager in the League. Fulham can win both games 50 nil and still not beat us if we do our job correctly !!!

We are all a bit down, but we certainly aren't out !!!

Keep the Faith, Warnock Morrison and Bamba will put things right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 am

I hope all fans saying it’s over are not going to Hull , negative boring fans

We are 2nd with 2 games to go someone tell me how it’s over am I missing something
CardiffCityBlue

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am

Maybe because we've seen it all before and our bottle seems to go at this stage of the season. The Wolves game missing 2 pens in injury time and then last night 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go and we couldn't handle the pressure and made 3 horrendous mistakes when we had the game won. I honestly hope I'm wrong but I just can't see us beating Hull and find it hard to be positive. Our fans do my head in aswell singing the blues are going up after the first goal that's the kiss of death.
D.A.C.

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:51 am

CardiffCityBlue wrote:I hope all fans saying it’s over are not going to Hull , negative boring fans

We are 2nd with 2 games to go someone tell me how it’s over am I missing something

I suppose a lot of fans are looking at recent form, 7 points from our last 6 games with poor performances in most of them. We are still in charge of our own destiny, but even the most optimistic fan would have to admit we need to improve a lot if we are to win the last two considering our form over the last month. Could go down to the final game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 am

good to see the lowest denominator of our fan base back out in force
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am

No offence but fans like this really grind on me, it’s not over, its not even close to being over, it might seem less likely than this time yesterday but with 2 games to go and still being in second. Christ we have been written off by our fans over and over this season. While im not saying we will go up its quite clearly not over. Let’s hope our players continue to have a lot more fight in them than some our fans who cant wait to give up on them.
2blue2handle

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Crap supporter
WelshPatriot

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:13 pm

I find it hard to be positive after that shit show last night. Not one player looked composed all they did was hoof the ball into orbit or take too many touches and play ourselves into trouble. I haven't seen the defence play that badly all season but now when the pressure is really on they're showing they don't have the bottle and they panick.
D.A.C.

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

D.A.C. wrote:I find it hard to be positive after that shit show last night. Not one player looked composed all they did was hoof the ball into orbit or take too many touches and play ourselves into trouble. I haven't seen the defence play that badly all season but now when the pressure is really on they're showing they don't have the bottle and they panick.

They've lost only 4 games in 2018 and you come on after last night and call them bottlers, exactly how do you call yourself a supporter??
WelshPatriot

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Sorry have I missed a memo? Aprantley you're the guy who decides who's a true supporter and who isn't. I'm stating facts that last night as a team we bottled it.
D.A.C.

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Sorry have I missed a memo? Aprantley you're the guy who decides who's a true supporter and who isn't. I'm stating facts that last night as a team we bottled it.

Or lost away to a team who have spent big money over a number of years. I don't think we have bottled anything, teams lose games and we are punching well above our weight all season.
2blue2handle

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 pm

So gift wrapping 3 goals in last 20 minutes of an important pressure game is not bottling it?
D.A.C.

Postby Bananas » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm

Bluesman wrote:Championship for us next season. Won't get automatic or promotion through play offs. We have been playing crap for weeks and getting away with it. Don't get me wrong I want us to go up but I am a realist. Our most expensive signings Tomlin and Madine have been a total waste of money. End of rant. Please please prove me wrong and beat Hull on Saturday.

:laughing6: oh dear :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Sorry have I missed a memo? Aprantley you're the guy who decides who's a true supporter and who isn't. I'm stating facts that last night as a team we bottled it.

Lol get real you can't claim "they bottled" as a fact.

Where did I say I decide who's a true supporter? I merely questioned what kind of support and you showing with your post slagging out a team who have sat top 3 all season after blip.
WelshPatriot

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm

D.A.C. wrote:So gift wrapping 3 goals in last 20 minutes of an important pressure game is not bottling it?

I wouldn't say so no, I would say its making mistakes, it happens
2blue2handle

Postby Flyingpostman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:07 pm

D.A.C. wrote:I find it hard to be positive after that shit show last night. Not one player looked composed all they did was hoof the ball into orbit or take too many touches and play ourselves into trouble. I haven't seen the defence play that badly all season but now when the pressure is really on they're showing they don't have the bottle and they panick.

Definitely a Fulham fan trying to stir something up this .
Flyingpostman

Postby Sam ReaN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:01 pm

keep the faith, fellow Bluebird :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

If your a Fulham or Aston Villa fan then see you in the Prem if you survive the Play Offs :lol:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Bluesman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:12 am

Got a hell of a response didn't I. We have to win our next 2 games because Fulham will without doubt win theirs.
Come on Monkey Boy get Brum to beat Fulham.
Bluesman

Postby Scoularfan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:13 am

Oops ,well Bluesman could be dead right City don't usually do well in end of season games anyway,plus pressure ,plus teams we don't always do well against ,plus disruption of teams midfield ( Gunners)
Call me pessimistic,well no don't my name's Derek :old:
Scoularfan

Postby Wayne S » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:20 am

What I would say is that us losing to Derby will have motivated Fulham even more for the Sunderland game.

Momentum can kill expectation. If we had beat Derby then Fulham would have been frustrated and the pressure may have affected them.

However our loss has given them even more belief and whereas Sunderland may have gone for one last hurrah they will now be demolished.

But still in our hands the players know what they have to do.
Wayne S

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am

Negative fc
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Negative fc

Negative FB - Fan base.

we have some of the worst fans in the country unfortunately.... even more unfortunately they all seem to post here :laughing6:
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 am

paulh_85 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Negative fc

Negative FB - Fan base.

we have some of the worst fans in the country unfortunately.... even more unfortunately they all seem to post here :laughing6:

Shocking mate - If we lose in the play offs then I still think we've achieved something this season.
Get rid of the deadwood and make some smart signings and we are stronger.

I still think we'll go up anyway :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby epping blue » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:41 am

Far from over. Win on Saturday and we become overwhelming favourites. Don't get me wrong Derby was painful and I was right down in the dumps yesterday but as time passes I'm regaining perspective. No reason why we cant do this and if it has to be play offs we go there with our heads held high. Don't forget the only common denominator with our previous bottling is us fans. Its in our heads and not the current management or team.
epping blue

Next

Return to General Chat