Driving to Hull, tips for best route

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bonner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 am

Can't face the long trip on a coach, so going to drive, 3 of us going up, had great advise for Norwich, wonder if anyone on here can recommend good route.. prob stay overnight, never been to hull,recommendations where to stay wld be good.
Thanks in advance
Bonner

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Driving to Hull, tips for best route

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am

When my old man and I did it last time we went M4, M5, M42, A42, M1, M18 then M62 - easy from there on, took us just over 4 hrs.

TBF it's a shit drive, just putting that out there
Wolfpac

Postby Bonner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am

Wolfpac wrote:When my old man and I did it last time we went M4, M5, M42, A42, M1, M18 then M62 - easy from there on, took us just over 4 hrs.

Cheers.. let's just hope we win then drive doesn't matter
Bonner

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:06 am

Let’s hope it’s not to hell and back.
buckleys brewery

Postby epping blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Wolfpac wrote:When my old man and I did it last time we went M4, M5, M42, A42, M1, M18 then M62 - easy from there on, took us just over 4 hrs.

That's probably the best route although I go across the on M180 and take the A16 over the Humber bridge. Not because its quicker or better I just like going over big bridges.

You think its long, the last time I did it from S Wales I went on the supporters coach from Bridgend. It was 5 am start but to put in context the M4 didn't start until you got to Newport, No M42 either, that must save a good hour plus on trips to the North / East.
epping blue

Return to General Chat