Aston Villa fans ponder automatic promotion after Cardiff de

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 am

'Stranger things have happened...' Aston Villa fans ponder automatic promotion after Cardiff defeat

It’s the hope that kills you!

Aston Villa supporters were on Tuesday night working out the permutations of how automatic promotion can still be achieved after Cardiff City lost at Derby County.

Despite Callum Paterson’s opener for the Bluebirds, the Rams fought back with a Cameron Jerome brace and a Matej Vydra strike.

It’s left Gary Rowett’s side in the driving result for a play-off spot ahead of their trip to Villa Park this weekend.

But the door for second place remains every so slightly ajar for the claret and blues, who need to hope Cardiff and Fulham drop points in both of their last two matches.

While many Villans have accepted that it’s the playoffs that’ll have to do, others are clinging on to hope - stranger things have happened

What the Villa fans said...

Jamie Hill: Stranger things happen but I can’t see it myself. But just imagine last game of season if Fulham Cardiff lose next game and Villa win

Tom Harding: Is warnock going to say the opposition fans celebrated like they won the World Cup after every single time his team loses?

Dan Matthews: Are fans really expecting Sunderland to win away at Fulham?

Richard Armstrong: I’m hoping Fulham overtake Cardiff as I’d rather face Cardiff in the playoffs to be honest & we won’t get 2nd place now

Liam : If we get 2nd place I’d get a tattoo of Whelan, Micah, Gabby and Lescott doing the Macarena on my back #avfc

George : If we’d have beaten QPR, Bolton, Hull and Norwich we’d be on 93 points....

Lee Gibson: Slim hopes of second place live on for a few more days #avfc. Who believes in #miracles? Thanks @dcfcofficial

Rich : Could you imagine it... Sunderland beat fulham, hull beat Cardiff and we win against derby.... 1 point separating the 3 teams.....

S Williams: Cheers Derby, feel free to revert to type on Saturday

Ryan Brookes: Everybody’s writing the villa off, we’re 4 points behind second with 2 games left. Saturdays game could be massive

Rob Jones: Why do some of you do it to yourselves!?

Paul Hawthorn: It’s the hope that kills ya
Attachments
Dbk3DB7W4AAtMUA-2.jpg
Dbk3DB7W4AAtMUA-2.jpg (127.26 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
JS149535700.jpg
JS149535700.jpg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Aston Villa fans ponder automatic promotion after Cardif

Postby rossblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

They have not a prayer
rossblue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:59 am

Delusional bastards.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby griff105 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 pm

100/1 with sky bet.

Anyfing wiv chips
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby lucky » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:47 pm

They have got no chance of going up in top 2. Do they really think if Brum are safe by the last game they will beat Fulham to help out Villa! They really are clueless!
lucky

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 pm

It’s possible, but more than unlikely.

If we miss out, not sure we’ll win the play-offs. Fulham capable of winning the play-offs if they miss out. Not sure how Villa would fare in the play-offs if they played someone like Boro.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat