“ Cardiff City or Fulham - who will go up automatically? “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will take the last automatic promotion place?

Cardiff City
52%
Fulham
48%

Total votes : 90

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 am

Obviously we all hope it’s us. But who do you think will take the last automatic spot?

On the Sky Sports Debate show last night, Ian Wright backed Fulham while Gordon Strachan backed us.

Obviously there’s still an outside chance for Aston Villa, but that is very unlikely - would need us and Fulham not to win another game in reality.

Remaining fixtures - Cardiff City

Sat 28 April, 3pm - Hull City (a)
Sun 6 May, 12.30pm - Reading (h)

Remaining fixtures - Fulham

Fri 27 April, 7.45pm - Sunderland (h)
Sun 6 May, 12.30pm - Birmingham City (a)

Odds on top two finish

Cardiff City - 4/5
Fulham - 10/11
Attachments
Dbk3DB7W4AAtMUA-2.jpg
Dbk3DB7W4AAtMUA-2.jpg (127.26 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Cardiff City or Fulham - who will go up automatically?

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 am

I think we will win our next two. And Fulham will drop points at brum
bluebird7291

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:10 am

I hope Fulham drop points because I don't see us winning our last two games, particularly based on recent performances. If Fulham win both remaining games, I think they will take the second promotion place.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am

IF Warnock gets his shit together, fielding the best 11, having them actually playing football, Cardiff will go up!
Two last matches has been terrible. We won against forest, but you could see what’s coming with the hoofball and failiour to string more than two passes together.
Go for it, and no one can fault the effort.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am

Us Saturday against Hull :occasion5: :bluescarf:
2blue2handle

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:29 am

We make scoring look difficult whereas Fulham score with ease. We have to make our chances count, these last two games.
buckleys brewery

Postby ae15 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 pm

We have been dreadful since Sheffield United away. Did nothing against Wolves, awful against Villa, fluked our way through Norwich and Forest despite poor performances and then last night.

This is where Warnock needs to earn his dough. Sort this team out now because there's no way we can win at Hull playing like that.
ae15

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Surprised to see us as slight favorites considering the games left.
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 pm

We play two lowly teams with nothing to play for, we should have just enough to beat Hull after a very dificult and draining game yesterday, and then will also beat Reading a little more comfortably.

We will need to because I can't really see Fulham losing, although you never know !!!
Bluebina

Postby rossblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:26 pm

I think we will lose to hull, fulham will thrash Sunderland, We will beat reading while they lose at Birmingham
rossblue

Postby Bananas » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 pm

100% us. Last night was a blessing in disguise :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:02 pm

We need to get back to playing football and creating chances. The only way we look like scoring is from set pieces. We can't play hoofball every game and expect to get away with it as we've become too predictable and the opposition know what's coming.

The Villa game at the start of the season we played some of the best football I've seen down there in a long time and it could have been 7 or 8. We have the same players there and I know at this stage of the season it's all about winning but if we do lose I'd rather go down having a go than that shit last night.
D.A.C.

Postby theclaw » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

I believe
theclaw

Postby montyblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 pm

We really looked last night like we did' nt really want it derby 2nd half looked desperate to win so if our attitude is the same for hull i don't think we are going up automatic i have read on the forum hull have got nothing to play for they did' nt have anything to play for last week but stuck 5 past bristol for fun
montyblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:04 pm

So far...

25 votes for Cardiff.

25 votes for Fulham.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby phildavies » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:08 pm

Can see us both picking up 4 points meaning we go up.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 pm

City will win both games so on that note, I couldn't give a feck for Foolham :ayatollah:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby BlueVanman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 pm

D.A.C. wrote:We need to get back to playing football and creating chances. The only way we look like scoring is from set pieces. We can't play hoofball every game and expect to get away with it as we've become too predictable and the opposition know what's coming.

The Villa game at the start of the season we played some of the best football I've seen down there in a long time and it could have been 7 or 8. We have the same players there and I know at this stage of the season it's all about winning but if we do lose I'd rather go down having a go than that shit last night.

100% agree with this post mate :ayatollah:
BlueVanman

Postby goats » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

If Fulham win well on Friday then I think the pressure will be too much for us, then we will balls it up at hull like we did last night, v villa, wolves, sheff Utd etc...don’t think we’ve played well since Brentford away. Oh well, we are a proper championship club I guess. :bluescarf:
goats

Postby brickyblue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm

ae15 wrote:We have been dreadful since Sheffield United away. Did nothing against Wolves, awful against Villa, fluked our way through Norwich and Forest despite poor performances and then last night.

This is where Warnock needs to earn his dough. Sort this team out now because there's no way we can win at Hull playing like that.

I trying to disagree but how can i .
Feel the same
brickyblue

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:05 am

It's a tough one to call really - often this season we have got wins where I've not expected us to. The team have surprised me at what they have achieved so you cannot rule us out at al. Fulham have had a brilliant 2nd half of the season and we've averaged slightly better than them over the entire season (1 point ahead). Surely Fulhams luck (not saying it's all luck lol) has got to run out! They should have had a pen against them at the Brentford game, query whether Mitrovic shud have been sent off at Millwall, we had a pen not given against Derby and we could have possibly been out of sight of them before they started scoring! We didn't convert those pens against wolves. Ithat goal by gamba at millwall disallowed! I just feel that abit of luck we are due and Fulham - something needs to go against them!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 am

D.A.C. wrote:We need to get back to playing football and creating chances. The only way we look like scoring is from set pieces. We can't play hoofball every game and expect to get away with it as we've become too predictable and the opposition know what's coming.

I am not sure we can go back to playing football! I am not even sure we have the personnel for it. If we are honest we have not played decent and consistent football for a while, very sporadically under NW. So to all of the sudden start knocking the ball around would probably kills us... Hull and Reading will pick off our misplaced passes and create chances of their own. Of course I would love us to player better football and create more chances but for the last two games we just need to be effective. I do feel we are lacking in confidence at the back and therefore defending and trying to player counter will fail so we do need to play on the front foot.

In my opinion the best way for us to win the next two games is just to be ugly. Not hoofball but certainly be hard, aggressive and look to win as many set-pieces as possible, especially with Ralls back in the side.
AfricanBluebird

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:

I am not sure we can go back to playing football! I am not even sure we have the personnel for it. If we are honest we have not played decent and consistent football for a while, very sporadically under NW. So to all of the sudden start knocking the ball around would probably kills us... Hull and Reading will pick off our misplaced passes and create chances of their own. Of course I would love us to player better football and create more chances but for the last two games we just need to be effective. I do feel we are lacking in confidence at the back and therefore defending and trying to player counter will fail so we do need to play on the front foot.

In my opinion the best way for us to win the next two games is just to be ugly. Not hoofball but certainly be hard, aggressive and look to win as many set-pieces as possible, especially with Ralls back in the side.

I agree AB, I cant see that much will change personell wise, but we have to win two games, by whatever means.

Failure to get any points from three top six teams in the last two weeks, has thrown a bloody big old rusty spanner in the works, & the thought of playing at least one of them again hardly fills me with confidence at this moment in time. The only thing that is sobering is the thought that Neil Warnock has had the experience of this situation many times before.

He, of all people, knows what is required!
RICK+CCFC

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

I agree AB, I cant see that much will change personell wise, but we have to win two games, by whatever means.

Failure to get any points from three top six teams in the last two weeks, has thrown a bloody big old rusty spanner in the works, & the thought of playing at least one of them again hardly fills me with confidence at this moment in time. The only thing that is sobering is the thought that Neil Warnock has had the experience of this situation many times before.

He, of all people, knows what is required!

Agreed. I hope he can pull it off, by whatever means necessary.

Some of his team selections recently have been bizarre. We have been at our best this season when we have a depleted squad and seem to thrive in adversity. Since we have had players returning from injury and more player to select from that seems to be where we have struggled. Oh for adversity please!

We missed a trick in January and should have gotten some quality in midfield and maybe someone out-wide in.

If Fulham do pip us to second it will be our lack of quality that allowed it, not our lack of heart, passion or togetherness.

God it's never easy being Cardiff is it.
AfricanBluebird

Return to General Chat