Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let down

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 am

Though I have great respect for Warnock and all that he and the squad have done for the club; I can’t help but feeling let down in the the recent big games(villa,derby,wolves). I just feel the tactics have been wrong; for example tonight we went 1-0 up against a poor derby side yet in the second half Warnock decided to set the team up to park the bus and we got punished big time. All I’m saying is warnock has some great attacking in his squad but he doesn’t seem to let them unleash on a large scale and they are instead restricted to helping the team desperately try to hold on to a 1-0 lead. To sum it up I just think off the selections like dropping grujic the last few games and dropping a confident Mendez tonight were wrong and I think Warnock just needs to be confident in his teams ability to attack and do more than just holding on to a 1-0 lead.

Re: Let down

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 am

CPbluebird02 wrote:Though I have great respect for Warnock and all that he and the squad have done for the club; I can’t help but feeling let down in the the recent big games(villa,derby,wolves). I just feel the tactics have been wrong; for example tonight we went 1-0 up against a poor derby side yet in the second half Warnock decided to set the team up to park the bus and we got punished big time. All I’m saying is warnock has some great attacking in his squad but he doesn’t seem to let them unleash on a large scale and they are instead restricted to helping the team desperately try to hold on to a 1-0 lead. To sum it up I just think off the selections like dropping grujic the last few games and dropping a confident Mendez tonight were wrong and I think Warnock just needs to be confident in his teams ability to attack and do more than just holding on to a 1-0 lead.

I understand what you’re sating but Derby were clearly throwing the kitchen sink at us 2nd half and we were pinned back. Tbf Warnock sent on more pace to counter this but it didn’t work. Still think we’ll win at Hull.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

IF you feel let down by us being 2nd with 2 games to go

I suggest Man City are your team pal

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Anyone suspect a Jack in a wind up???

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:IF you feel let down by us being 2nd with 2 games to go

I suggest Man City are your team pal

No mate but that’s completely not the case yes we are 2nd but surely you thought we went about that second half wrong yesterday. We are second through hard work and good runs put together throughout the season but all I’m saying is we have been just trying to ride our luck recently and we are making teams that are no better than us look quality by inviting pressure

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Anyone suspect a Jack in a wind up???

Couldn’t be any further from the truth. I am Cardiff city through and through. I’m just stating my opinion mate. It is clear by looking at recent results that we aren’t going about games in the right way. I could accept it if the teams we played were quality and completely outclassed us but the 3 games I mentioned were all very winnable. Yet in all 3 of the games we have tried to sit back and hope for luck but the truth is a team that’s going for promotion at this stage should not be going about games in that way and judging by the results we have suffered because of that. Another point is mate, why does warnock feel the need to be constantly changing winning team at the moment? ; for example the team that went on that unbelievable run from January has been constantly changed recently and quality players like grujic and Mendez have been replaced by players who took no part in that winning run.