Our badge

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our badge

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:57 am

Whilst I accept that our badge is ok (not bad or fantastic) as it is, I'd love it to have our founded date of 1899 on it. It would be the finishing touch for me.
Once a blue always a blue44

Our badge

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Our badge

Postby Dahboy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am

Yes right where that worm lives.
Dahboy

Postby Savigma » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am

The only way it’d be perfect for me is if the Dragon was 20x bigger, the Bird 10x smaller, and the background completely red. And give the Dragon a moustache.
Savigma

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 am

I would not mind a small tweak to the badge, but I would keep the size of the bluebird and maybe like previous badges have "the bluebirds" on the badge. and with everything going on the up at the club, I think tan would not mind it, if we got rid of the dragon and replaced it with the bluebirds in the same ninian font as cardiff city fc, I know there are some fans who think that we need a welsh dragon on the badge but there is no room on the badge.

Oor just a different look have the bottom of the badge the outline of Cardiff City Stadium with the words The Bluebirds inside the lines of the stadium, this would be epic. or it could be the outline of Ninian Park to show out history with pride. :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:08 am

ill be honest with all the good stuff that’s happening at the moment I don’t see a need to stir it all back up again. In an ideal world it would just be removed, I personally wouldn’t replace it with anything either but im not going to lose any sleep over how it is now.
2blue2handle

Postby sir ninian » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 am

Should ditch it and bring back our old badge.All this meddling and tweaking parts of our history does my nut in. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:08 pm

sir ninian wrote:Should ditch it and bring back our old badge.All this meddling and tweaking parts of our history does my nut in. :bluebird:

Agreed.
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:
sir ninian wrote:Should ditch it and bring back our old badge.All this meddling and tweaking parts of our history does my nut in. :bluebird:

Agreed.

What is the original badge now? we have had so many
2blue2handle

Postby skiprat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Earliest badge I've seen on a shirt is the 1927 cup final which is the Cardiff coat of arms.
skiprat

Postby sir ninian » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:

Agreed.

I've been watching city for over 45 years and the badge i associate with city is the one that you have as your avatar.Brilliant badge that,adding worms WTF!!!!!! :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 pm

sir ninian wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:

Agreed.

I've been watching city for over 45 years and the badge i associate with city is the one that you have as your avatar.Brilliant badge that,adding worms WTF!!!!!! :bluebird:

Its the one I associate as well but that's due to my age, at some point having that badge was meddling with our history as well. The 1927 one looks nothing alike the one we associate with.
2blue2handle

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Savigma wrote:The only way it’d be perfect for me is if the Dragon was 20x bigger, the Bird 10x smaller, and the background completely red. And give the Dragon a moustache.

Hmmm...

Perhaps Sir could be interested in something with a 'Beer mat' motif to complete the look?

:lol:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby MoodyBluebird » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Savigma wrote:The only way it’d be perfect for me is if the Dragon was 20x bigger, the Bird 10x smaller, and the background completely red. And give the Dragon a moustache.

Hmmm...

Perhaps Sir could be interested in something with a 'Beer mat' motif to complete the look?

:lol:

Get back to work young sir !
MoodyBluebird

Postby phildavies » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Go back to just having a bluebird in a white circle maybe add CCFC underneath it.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby norms76 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:ill be honest with all the good stuff that’s happening at the moment I don’t see a need to stir it all back up again. In an ideal world it would just be removed, I personally wouldn’t replace it with anything either but im not going to lose any sleep over how it is now.

Agreed. The OP is always trying to stir it up with little digs about badges and home crowds etc. I think it’s yet another multi account.
norms76

Postby nubbsy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:12 pm

I'd rather go back to the last one.

But if we changed the worm for a Welsh dragon and the red trim to yellow it would be a really nice badge.
nubbsy

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm

norms76 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:ill be honest with all the good stuff that’s happening at the moment I don’t see a need to stir it all back up again. In an ideal world it would just be removed, I personally wouldn’t replace it with anything either but im not going to lose any sleep over how it is now.

Agreed. The OP is always trying to stir it up with little digs about badges and home crowds etc. I think it’s yet another multi account.

I take it your not on about me? Stir things up? I don't mention home crowds very often at all? I don't really care who's not there - I care about the fans that are there. Although I have mentioned about crowds before because I guess many of us want a big atmosphere and the team deserve it but it is what it is.

Badges? How is the post stirring this up? I thought personally it was a very positive thing to potentially have our founded date on it. I did not mention anything to do with leaving the dragon on or removi it etc. I couldn't agree more that at the moment there are so many good this going on and thank goodness a lot of the negativity has gone. :shock:

I've been personally posting on here for years - since about 2009 approx. Although forgot my orig username so made up a new one. I'm a massive fan and passionate about who we are now and where we've come from etc.

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:33 pm

norms76 wrote:

I'd be concerned and disappointed if people thought I was a stirrer to be honest. As I feel there are people who come on these boards that are but I'm certainly not one of those mate! And no I have one account lol ;)

Postby RFMH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Nearly all badges are going through a simplification. Look at the Liverpool shirt badge, Everton, West Ham. A simpler, immediately recognisable badge is the ethos of most marketing people at the moment. So our badge was always likely to change in the near future anyway. I don't think it's that bad on the whole, when Tan goes the dragon will go. Given the recent history of the club and what's currently at stake. I can't see how anyone could make it a big deal.
RFMH

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm

RFMH wrote:Nearly all badges are going through a simplification. Look at the Liverpool shirt badge, Everton, West Ham. A simpler, immediately recognisable badge is the ethos of most marketing people at the moment. So our badge was always likely to change in the near future anyway. I don't think it's that bad on the whole, when Tan goes the dragon will go. Given the recent history of the club and what's currently at stake. I can't see how anyone could make it a big deal.

Agree sometimes less is more and probably appeals more to modern day fans for merchandise sales etc. I think what triggered the thought for me was the 91 year anniversary of the 1927 FA cup final and our proud history.

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

phildavies wrote:Go back to just having a bluebird in a white circle maybe add CCFC underneath it.

This is spot on for me.
Sod all the daffodils, coats of arms etc. Keep it simple and recognisable.

:bluebird:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm

RFMH wrote:Nearly all badges are going through a simplification. Look at the Liverpool shirt badge, Everton, West Ham. A simpler, immediately recognisable badge is the ethos of most marketing people at the moment. So our badge was always likely to change in the near future anyway. I don't think it's that bad on the whole, when Tan goes the dragon will go. Given the recent history of the club and what's currently at stake. I can't see how anyone could make it a big deal.

Alot of the simplification of logos badges and motifs is driven by digital reproduction techniques and the ease at which a simpler logo can be made smaller without losing any detail.
Moving back to the previous badge with the small daffodil, dragon and bluebird just wouldn't work.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Fusilier52 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

I'm surprised that no ones posted this , after tonight it seems rather apt
Attachments
ccfc bottlers.jpg
ccfc bottlers.jpg (3.9 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
Fusilier52

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:

Alot of the simplification of logos badges and motifs is driven by digital reproduction techniques and the ease at which a simpler logo can be made smaller without losing any detail.
Moving back to the previous badge with the small daffodil, dragon and bluebird just wouldn't work.

What utter rubbish.
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Only Badge for me :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Attachments
29315272_1250248015106789_3963096925384736768_n.jpg
29315272_1250248015106789_3963096925384736768_n.jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Staffs Bluebird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:52 am

Maybe it should have Cardiff City it’s the hope that kills you :bluebird:
Staffs Bluebird

Postby RFMH » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

What utter rubbish.

What's rubbish about that?
RFMH

Return to General Chat