Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AWAY FANS

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:04 pm

I just wondered if our club getting any financial benefit for selling away tickets? For example do we get a percentage or does the away club get every penny of the ticket money.

Also People make a massive commitment when they purchase a season ticket cost and time wise but obviously it's their choice and they get the pleasure of enjoying the entertainment (me included) but I always thought the commitment made by away fans especially those who have attended every single home and away match is something else. Cost wise it's a small fortune, time wise there's a lot of travelling and trying to get time off work, results wise you may not get quite as many good results as at home etc etc. Obviously the buzz of an away is fantastic - I would say there's nothing quite like it and personally I'd usually try and do about 8-10 aways per season. But for people that do all of them you got to admire and take your hats off to them - ESP at times when we've had nothing to play for, been dire or a very cold winters night. I think they should have some kind of recognition or perhaps a free away tickets for the following season etc? Just something to say thanks! :bluescarf: :

I expect that people that do all the away ,at hes will probably say we get our rewards from the results of away wins and times like this but the commitment is amazing.

Re: AWAY FANS

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I just wondered if our club getting any financial benefit for selling away tickets? For example do we get a percentage or does the away club get every penny of the ticket money.

Also People make a massive commitment when they purchase a season ticket cost and time wise but obviously it's their choice and they get the pleasure of enjoying the entertainment (me included) but I always thought the commitment made by away fans especially those who have attended every single home and away match is something else. Cost wise it's a small fortune, time wise there's a lot of travelling and trying to get time off work, results wise you may not get quite as many good results as at home etc etc. Obviously the buzz of an away is fantastic - I would say there's nothing quite like it and personally I'd usually try and do about 8-10 aways per season. But for people that do all of them you got to admire and take your hats off to them - ESP at times when we've had nothing to play for, been dire or a very cold winters night. I think they should have some kind of recognition or perhaps a free away tickets for the following season etc? Just something to say thanks! :bluescarf: :

I expect that people that do all the away ,at hes will probably say we get our rewards from the results of away wins and times like this but the commitment is amazing.

We get nothing for selling away tickets, other than 50 Comps. It works both ways :thumbright: