singing bob marley

A forum for all things Cardiff City

singing bob marley

Postby lilybull » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:53 am

is it just me or singing "don't worry bout a thing" is utter shite?
lilybull

singing bob marley

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: singing bob marley

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 am

It actually sounds great when sung

But we do sort of sing it when times are hard and we need something of course when it’s needed

Still 50/50 with the song but will join in when sung
CardiffCityBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 am

lilybull wrote:is it just me or singing "don't worry bout a thing" is utter shite?

It’s you.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:08 am

Took my lad to the Wolves game. He hasn't stopped singing it since.
jimmy_rat

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 am

lilybull wrote:is it just me or singing "don't worry bout a thing" is utter shite?
I like it. Think it goes back to when we were one down after the first leg of the semi final of the league cup against Palace. Ali played it before the game and it seemed to nicely sum up the situation especially as we eventually won on penalties and it became our song for a while. Not sure if we started it but its nice to have a song which we are associated with rather than the usual generic barmy army type chants.
JJ1927

Postby TERRYB » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am

JJ1927 wrote:
I like it. Think it goes back to when we were one down after the first leg of the semi final of the league cup against Palace. Ali played it before the game and it seemed to nicely sum up the situation especially as we eventually won on penalties and it became our song for a while. Not sure if we started it but its nice to have a song which we are associated with rather than the usual generic barmy army type chants.

Love it when we sing this, it's a message of hope and I bet it lifts our players too! Sounded awesome yesterday. :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:58 am

I like it and think it sounds fab... We only need to us either at the right times which I think we do
boyo1927

Postby lilybull » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:59 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

It’s you.

seems so, not my thing
lilybull

Postby davids » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:08 am

I'm with you.

Sounds like a dirge with words that basically say that things are currently shit.
davids

Postby Jules » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:29 am

Have always loved it and shows the players we want them to keep trying when things are bad and everything will come good. :ayatollah:

Didn't work much back in the day mind :lol:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am

Could go back to no singing at all and have a library? It's cheesy but wtf it helps atmosphere what more do people want? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am

JJ1927 wrote:

I agree with your opinion about unique songs which identify with Cardiff because simply we don't have enough.

That said I do like the Barmy Army chant because it sets a tempo for the players and last night was a classic example of how fans can influence the players on the pitch, however, I have always thought 'Blue Army' would be a better and more identifiable chant.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 am

Yes IMO the way we sing it is shite.

It is too slow for a football chant which are by nature are a lot faster.

That said I'm sure someone could come up with a faster version of 'Don't Worry' which could work brilliantly. :bluescarf:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby bluebird7291 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 am

davids wrote:

I'm with you.

Sounds like a dirge with words that basically say that things are currently shit.

Yea same for me.
bluebird7291

Postby NPCC39 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Awful! Not a fan of Bob Marley whatsoever
NPCC39

Postby bobbankbandit » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Totally agree it sounds shite. It’s cringeworthy. We’re all pasty faced northern hemisphere rain sodden football fans, not Caribbean relaxed chill the fuk out everything’s going to be fine. Last 10 minutes last night I would associate smack my bitch up by the prodigy would be nearer to my nerves !!
You should not arrive at your grave in a well preserved body, so skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming yahooooo what a ride !
bobbankbandit

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

I think we actually pinched it off Ajax when we played them at home in a pre season friendly at Ninian park!

I think it's a great song to sing win or loose!
nubbsy

Postby NyeBluebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Sounds like a death chant to me... Just feels like we're expecting the worst when it's sung!
NyeBluebird

Postby NPCC39 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 am

Beer can man
NPCC39

Postby Dahboy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 am

No it's not just you.
Dahboy

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:57 am

Yes complete and utter shite, it seems negative to me, I always feel like we will concede when we sing it, as people have said too slow !!!
Bluebina

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 am

JJ1927 wrote:

I agree think it's great when thousands sing it
gwentbluebirds

Postby Jules » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am

nubbsy wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

I think we actually pinched it off Ajax when we played them at home in a pre season friendly at Ninian park!

I think it's a great song to sing win or loose!

That was a cracking night, not that many there but excellent atmosphere, if my memory serves me well, Soaked wet through but still a great night.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Willo Cardiff » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 am

The song I cringe about most is you jack bastards we’re coming for you, don’t know why I just hate it :banghead:
Willo Cardiff

Postby Dahboy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 am

Willo Cardiff wrote:The song I cringe about most is you jack bastards we’re coming for you, don’t know why I just hate it :banghead:

Men oh Harlech is terrible I hate it. It's cringe slow and dire.
Dahboy

Postby barry boy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:40 am

It's you ! :bluescarf:
barry boy

Postby Brianclark5 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 am

I prefer oooh it’s a corner! :old: :thumbup:
Brianclark5

Postby City Slicker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 am

No you're not on your own!
City Slicker

Return to General Chat