Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Derby County v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Derby County win
6%
Cardiff City win
69%
Draw
25%

Total votes : 32

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THRE

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Bye bye promotion, I guess. Gutless second half performance. Fair play Rowett outfoxed Warnock.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

No shit Sherlock

What a time to collapse. Fulham laughing all the way to promotion now.

buckleys brewery wrote:Bye bye promotion, I guess. Gutless second half performance. Fair play Rowett outfoxed Warnock.

Thought we were still second

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Appalling. Won't win our last two, no chance. Derby to beat us in the play offs too.

We were never going to make it easy for ourselves.
Grujic has to come back in the middle we need more composure

Cheats get the last laugh. I’m not being dramatic or emotional here but we aren’t winning the next two games and momentum isn’t with us for the playoffs. We won’t be going up IMO.

Jerome always scores against us. We certainly set ourselves up with the players “banter”. Still can’t help feel cheated by the match being called off in March. Still - win two games and go up - up to the squad how they handle the pressure and if they can bounce back?

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Warnock fucked it up tonight should have just played our strongest 11 from the start. Ward and Madine wtf.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 pm

What the f**k happened in that second half? Did the players think the job was already done? Three school boy errors in defence and three attacking players who might aswell have not been I'm the pitch.

It’s deliberate I tell ya. Covering our bases in case we end up in the play offs! Give Derby a false sense of security and knock bogey team Millwall out of it!

Ah that was bollocks. Crap second half. Stupid inexcusable errors capitalised on by a player that loves playing against us

FloridaBluebird wrote:Jerome always scores against us. We certainly set ourselves up with the players “banter”. Still can’t help feel cheated by the match being called off in March. Still - win two games and go up - up to the squad how they handle the pressure and if they can bounce back?

Still all to play for - we are still in front of Fulham and they only have easier games on paper. Haven't seen the game tonight as blocked by sky but sounds like we were well on top first half and sat back hoping for the 0-1 as well as making some defensive howlers.

very disappointing I'm gutted to lose in this way yet again its the way we lose not that we lost

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:Bye bye promotion, I guess. Gutless second half performance. Fair play Rowett outfoxed Warnock.

Take no notice of Victor meldew we are 2nd and in our hands! just hope we don't make same stupid mistakes on sat :thumbup:

What is Gary Madine meant to do, obviously not to score goals :bluebird:

4 points madine has cost us so far.2-0 n we wudnt have fcuked up.
we always knew we would make it hard for ourselves
2 wins needed still

paulh_85 wrote:

That we are, but taking more than just our current position into account I think it's a fair assessment to say we are not going up. Based on that tonight, we won't be winning the last two, and let's be honest there's only a very slim chance Fulham not picking up 6 points. If we end up in the playoffs there is no way we are winning them,not a chance.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Cheats win the day

langstoneBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

That we are, but taking more than just our current position into account I think it's a fair assessment to say we are not going up. Based on that tonight, we won't be winning the last two, and let's be honest there's only a very slim chance Fulham not picking up 6 points. If we end up in the playoffs there is no way we are winning them,not a chance.

There’s two games to go.

Saturday is a completely different game

Dahboy wrote:Warnock fucked it up tonight should have just played our strongest 11 from the start. Ward and Madine wtf.

Nothing wrong with selection or was that reason 3 players made total balls up in Defence ?
Last edited by pembroke allan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:43 pm

Destroyed us in the second half

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Dahboy wrote:Warnock fucked it up tonight should have just played our strongest 11 from the start. Ward and Madine wtf.

I can’t understand why he picked Ward tonight, although he wasn’t to bad compared to Madine. He has to be up there with one of our worst signings

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

There’s two games to go.

Don't get the total we are fcked posts?they won because we fcked up in defence? Upto 1st goal they were huffing & puffing but getting nowhere like you say sat different game :thumbup:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 pm

We cant score. We have we reverted to just hoofing the ball up the pitch like div 3 football.

What a joke of a game honestly cant believe what i just watched.

I dont blame Etheridge he shouted leave it and Gunners sliced his clearence.

Madine missing that pass from Ralls...... 2-0 at that time could of sealed it. Oh well he kicked something the floor...

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Logie wrote:We cant score. We have we reverted to just hoofing the ball up the pitch like div 3 football.

What a joke of a game honestly cant believe what i just watched.

I dont blame Etheridge he shouted leave it and Gunners sliced his clearence.

Madine missing that pass from Ralls...... 2-0 at that time could of sealed it. Oh well he kicked something the floor...

The ball was on line going out ethrington should just left it not gunners fault had 3 chances to clear and we didn't :o

pembroke allan wrote:

Nothing wrong with selection or was that reason 3 players made total balls up in Defence ?

Granted mistakes were terrible...but the way we approached the game surely needs to be questioned. Derby have been on a terrible run, lacking confidence and we're rocking when put under any pressure. But for some reasons the Tatics were to sitoff and contain, I guess don't get it. We should have been pushing up on them, tempo was completely lacking. Why he changed the formation I have no clue, it was crying out for the normal 1 up with 2 wide attackers. Instead we have the lump madine heading the ball to no one and ward and Patterson as extra fullbacks. Crazy crazy crazy!

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

There’s two games to go.

Don't get the total we are fcked posts?they won because we fcked up in defence? Upto 1st goal they were huffing & puffing but getting nowhere like you say sat different game :thumbup:

Not huffing and puffing they were probing. We just sat back and hoofed the ball at every chance (oh except the the two times we should of). It was only a matter of time till they scored. Cant really sit back for 45 minutes and not expect 1 or 2 decent chances to fall or a mistake from us which did happen

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Yeah, until Friday. LOL. Don't fancy Sunderland to beat Fulham. After tonight, Hull might be a tough proposition.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:50 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Granted mistakes were terrible...but the way we approached the game surely needs to be questioned. Derby have been on a terrible run, lacking confidence and we're rocking when put under any pressure. But for some reasons the Tatics were to sitoff and contain, I guess don't get it. We should have been pushing up on them, tempo was completely lacking. Why he changed the formation I have no clue, it was crying out for the normal 1 up with 2 wide attackers. Instead we have the lump madine heading the ball to no one and ward and Patterson as extra fullbacks. Crazy crazy crazy!

Easy to say after event but upto ethrington's mistake they didn't get close to scoring was typical display upto then :old:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Logie wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

There’s two games to go.

Not huffing and puffing they were probing. We just sat back and hoofed the ball at every chance (oh except the the two times we should of). It was only a matter of time till they scored. Cant really sit back for 45 minutes and not expect 1 or 2 decent chances to fall or a mistake from us which did happen

Probing is not threatening to score and as time went on would probably have left gaps for us but hey oh that's football expect the unexpected :thumbup: