" Gunnar critics "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Gunnar critics "

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:39 am

Was immense tonight, a warrior. He’s not played since November and personally would have brought him in quietly but what do I know. Warnock knows what he’s doing.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am

2blue2handle wrote:
maccydee wrote:My point is it’s the same people going on about Gunnar who went on about Warnock at xmas and went on about Zohore three games ago and always go on at the players after bad results.

Maybe Gunnar shouldn’t have played in the last couple. But maybe North West thought he was worth getting fit to really make an impact over the last few games?

If we had got more points in the games he was shocking we may not have needed his impact as much? We don't know either way really.
I don't see the point in this thread really, he has had his critics because he has been very poor at a time when we had been doing very well. I think vast majority would agree he was very good tonight. Bit sad an attempt at a told you so (which I think is unjust) is one of the most popular posts on a night of a huge win. But that's modern football.

Nope Luke......that's Neil.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:54 am

maccydee wrote:Form is temporary (especially coming back from injury)

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

I’ve been away since he’s come back into the team so this is the first time I’ve seen him.
He was absolutely superb today and his block where he put his body on the line to rescue us after Bamba’s suicidal back pass was also excellent.
I do think however that the midfield trio struggled offensively and this, along with Hoilett not having is best game (apart from the odd flashes) was the reason we struggled a bit imho.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Paul Keevil » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:05 am

Until recently I had mixed views on next season

On seeing his celebration last night you can tell he still has the hunger and he wants this

Next season we will need a squad of 25. He deserves to be in it in my opinion. We need players with that level of passion

Think bout it. Last time we were in Premier League we spent £10m on Gary Medel. Personally I would save that money for another position - and offer him a 2 year contract
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:55 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Until recently I had mixed views on next season

On seeing his celebration last night you can tell he still has the hunger and he wants this

Next season we will need a squad of 25. He deserves to be in it in my opinion. We need players with that level of passion

Think bout it. Last time we were in Premier League we spent £10m on Gary Medel. Personally I would save that money for another position - and offer him a 2 year contract

Personally, I’d pay 10 mil for Gary Medal over Gunnarsson in the prem any day of the week. Gunna couldn’t lace the guys boots. If we have a midfield anything like last nights it’ll be disastrous as we’ll never touch the ball.
Once Gunna passes to the opposition as per norm, we won’t see it for 20 minutes!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:13 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

Do one?? Really? Pretty pathetic comment that.

Shut the forum downs it appears nobody can have a different opinion to you, criticism and an argument that he was brought back was fully justified and even if it wasn't you can't tell city fans to do one.

Give your head a shake fella youseem to think your a super fan.

It should be about support for our players. I’m all for opinion (including mine that you discount so readily) but questioning players’ commitment as was done with Gunnar is not on.
maccydee

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 am

maccydee wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

Shut the forum downs it appears nobody can have a different opinion to you, criticism and an argument that he was brought back was fully justified and even if it wasn't you can't tell city fans to do one.

It should be about support for our players. I’m all for opinion (including mine that you discount so readily) but questioning players’ commitment as was done with Gunnar is not on.

Nobody questioned his commitment, people questioned his fitness, people questioned changing a winning team on a run, people questioned him slowing down the team all perfectly valid given his performances up until last night.

As I said your comment regarding city fans doing one was quite pathetic.
WelshPatriot

Postby epping blue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am

maccydee wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

I don't think there was much personnel criticism of Gunnar. It was just the playing full 90 minutes twice a week after a very long lay off. He was on his arse 10 minutes into the second half at Villa, but I said after the Norwich game he lasted surprisingly well. After a week's rest he was brilliant yesterday and should have had MOM in my opinion.

Warnock gats these decisions right more than most although I sometimes think he's got that wrong. How would we feel if, for instance, Wenger had forced Ramsey straight into 2 games a week, on his return before the euros and as a consequence Ramsey had broken down and been out of the finals. How critical would we be in those circumstance. Arsenal fans probably wouldn't have cared but we'd have been hugely critical.
epping blue

Postby AJ1927 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

So being critical of someone being critical.?

god i love irony :occasion5: :lol:
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am

AJ1927 wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

So being critical of someone being critical.?

god i love irony :occasion5: :lol:

He'll just tell you to do one.
WelshPatriot

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am

Ok Gunner is hardly Pirlo but to say he cant pass is bull! What about his through ball to Zohore last night? I bet if you compared his pass completion to every other player it wouldn't be any worse. Apart from Ralls.

Ralls is underrated and having him back made a huge difference!

Simple for me he's one of our best players and a no brainer if we go up to offer him a contract. You would be paying over 10mil to replace him anyway and that wouldn't be a guarantee to get better.

Medal would cost 20-30mil in today's market!
Nickoblue23

Postby Jules » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:42 am

How many games does Grujic have to play?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby epping blue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:47 am

Jules wrote:How many games does Grujic have to play?

I thought it was 14. I think he's on 13.
epping blue

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:Ok Gunner is hardly Pirlo but to say he cant pass is bull! What about his through ball to Zohore last night? I bet if you compared his pass completion to every other player it wouldn't be any worse. Apart from Ralls.

Simple for me he's one of our best players and a no brainer if we go up to offer him a contract. You would be paying over 10mil to replace him anyway and that wouldn't be a guarantee to get better.

Some truth to that. Average City pass rate was shocking 56%. Gunnar had 63%. He only won 50% of his tackles and duels. But he did run and press like no one else.
Even got the winning goal. My man of the match.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:16 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
maccydee wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

Nobody questioned his commitment, people questioned his fitness, people questioned changing a winning team on a run, people questioned him slowing down the team all perfectly valid given his performances up until last night.

Actually. People have been
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:Ok Gunner is hardly Pirlo but to say he cant pass is bull! What about his through ball to Zohore last night? I bet if you compared his pass completion to every other player it wouldn't be any worse. Apart from Ralls.

Brilliant point! Ralls does seem to dovetail with Gunnars as they seem to work very well together the complete opposite to when several past managers tried in vain to pair Gunnars with Whitts which always failed.

So therefore was it the return of Ralls which is the difference?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

Please elaborate. Would be interesting to know in wich way Ralls had anything to do with Gunnar’s performance. I didn’t see any balance from them. Didn’t see Ralls covering or even making any space for Gunnar to move. Ralls made 56% pass completions and won 14% of his tackles. Surely he needs time to come back, him to. But I’m not sure how much he had to do with Gunnar covering ground and standing out.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:54 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Please elaborate. Would be interesting to know in wich way Ralls had anything to do with Gunnar’s performance. I didn’t see any balance from them. Didn’t see Ralls covering or even making any space for Gunnar to move. Ralls made 56% pass completions and won 14% of his tackles. Surely he needs time to come back, him to. But I’m not sure how much he had to do with Gunnar covering ground and standing out.

Just going on what I see at matches, our best performances this season have been with Gunnars and Ralls in the engine room. :occasion5:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
maccydee wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Class permanent.

Do one!!!

Actually. People have been

Yep they certainly have been.
maccydee

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Please elaborate. Would be interesting to know in wich way Ralls had anything to do with Gunnar’s performance. I didn’t see any balance from them. Didn’t see Ralls covering or even making any space for Gunnar to move. Ralls made 56% pass completions and won 14% of his tackles. Surely he needs time to come back, him to. But I’m not sure how much he had to do with Gunnar covering ground and standing out.

Just going on what I see at matches, our best performances this season have been with Gunnars and Ralls in the engine room. :occasion5:

Sure mate. I’d keep them both. This squad need heavy investment if going up, so no brainer really. Only thought Gunnar did the work and deserve credit on his own last night. Ralls will step up and get fit, surely.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
maccydee wrote:My point is it’s the same people going on about Gunnar who went on about Warnock at xmas and went on about Zohore three games ago and always go on at the players after bad results.

Maybe Gunnar shouldn’t have played in the last couple. But maybe North West thought he was worth getting fit to really make an impact over the last few games?

If we had got more points in the games he was shocking we may not have needed his impact as much? We don't know either way really.
I don't see the point in this thread really, he has had his critics because he has been very poor at a time when we had been doing very well. I think vast majority would agree he was very good tonight. Bit sad an attempt at a told you so (which I think is unjust) is one of the most popular posts on a night of a huge win. But that's modern football.

maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yep that’s me defending cardiff players.
maccydee

Postby blue lagoon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:48 pm

A lot of modern day football fans dont understand football. I laugh at some of the comments and opinions on here. No instinty for the game and just fast food fans.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Every single player in the game is entitled to criticism if they been poor and when he walked back into the team he was poor and upset the whole midfield rhythm we had in the winning run we was on.

He was brilliant last night and probably in the top 3 of players that played the best last night along with Morrison and Etheridge.

I do value Gunnarsson here and you can't question his loyalty here because he been here since summer 2011 but it's more of the fact whoever is behind it brought it up his agent, people within the club brought his contract and his commitment into the open where every other player here this season since it began has brought any sort of talk of contracts up here.. more the fact he was injured since November/December and was talking about contracts which is quite laughable in some ways.

No-one can deny he gives 110% but he probably one of the worst first team starters we have had in recent years for technical ability.

If he plays like he did last night he can be some sort of asset to us but you can't come on here posting things like where are the critics after a good game, my view doesn't change and just because you open a thread like that just after one good game.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Every single player in the game is entitled to criticism if they been poor and when he walked back into the team he was poor and upset the whole midfield rhythm we had in the winning run we was on.

He was brilliant last night and probably in the top 3 of players that played the best last night along with Morrison and Etheridge.

I do value Gunnarsson here and you can't question his loyalty here because he been here since summer 2011 but it's more of the fact whoever is behind it brought it up his agent, people within the club brought his contract and his commitment into the open where every other player here this season since it began has brought any sort of talk of contracts up here.. more the fact he was injured since November/December and was talking about contracts which is quite laughable in some ways.

No-one can deny he gives 110% but he probably one of the worst first team starters we have had in recent years for technical ability.

If he plays like he did last night he can be some sort of asset to us but you can't come on here posting things like where are the critics after a good game, my view doesn't change and just because you open a thread like that just after one good game.

Who has been talking about contracts?

Wasn’t it Warnock who mentioned it?
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Every single player in the game is entitled to criticism if they been poor and when he walked back into the team he was poor and upset the whole midfield rhythm we had in the winning run we was on.

Who has been talking about contracts?

Wasn’t it Warnock who mentioned it?

I can't remember who it was but that's why I put someone within the club but it's more to do with the reasons behind it and the fact he was injured at the time I think.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 pm

While I agree with you it is perfectly fair to give criticism to players I feel it was over the top with Gunnar and that’s why I did the OP. He deserved more from us and was unfairly singled out. It is symptomatic of some of our fans to go overboard with their criticism.

Thankfully Gunnar proved them wrong.
maccydee

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:48 pm

maccydee wrote:

While I agree with you it is perfectly fair to give criticism to players I feel it was over the top with Gunnar and that’s why I did the OP. He deserved more from us and was unfairly singled out. It is symptomatic of some of our fans to go overboard with their criticism.

Thankfully Gunnar proved them wrong.

Wouldn't say he proved them wrong he proved me wrong 1 game in 5 of the games he started, I actually thought he looked better coming off the bench than starting because against Burton he didn't put a foot wrong when he came on.

Was it over the top? We played more poorly when he started and was the one at fault for the goal v Sheffield United and was all over the place and upset the rhythm of the midfield we had in the winning run and he was singled out more because he was actually playing badly and was making errors like I remember him with no pressure within about 20-30 yards around him and he back heeled the ball to Peltier and it went out for throwing it's the small things like that when we actually have the ball in games he gives it away or wastes it more than others where Grujic actually plays it to feet and ain't scared to have the ball played into him when he is in tight positions he has made one or two errors doing so but he has ability to play.

I think when you walk back into a team that didn't need any changes and it's actually visible to watch in a game that he is at fault and makes more errors than most in midfield then he is going to be singled out.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Still got to agree with macadee with this one.

Gunners got way more criticism than he deserved (and a lot more than others who have been equally, if not more culpable)

And the reason for this is because of things surrounding his contract.

I think the fact some posters have claimed he’s basically using the club to get fit for the World Cup are well out of order for a player who, despite short on quality in certain areas, has always given our club his all.
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:35 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Still got to agree with macadee with this one.

Gunners got way more criticism than he deserved (and a lot more than others who have been equally, if not more culpable)

And the reason for this is because of things surrounding his contract.

I think the fact some posters have claimed he’s basically using the club to get fit for the World Cup are well out of order for a player who, despite short on quality in certain areas, has always given our club his all.

I recommend you watch some of the games back since he come back and come back on that post.

And I haven't criticised him because of his contract it's more to do with his performances since he come back, it has nothing to do with his contract why people like me and others have criticised him.

People haven't criticised his performances on the field because of his contract how can you even say that, can't people actually criticise him for his performances on the field?

He has been poor since coming back and has made a lot of errors, he did do well last night and I hope it continues but to say people are criticising him because of his contract you are talking nonsense.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat