Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED “ ARON GUNNARSSON “

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 am

UPDATED :bluebird:

Cardiff City ace Aron Gunnarsson has taken a significant step towards full fitness, after completing 45 minutes of Iceland's defeat to Mexico in Santa Clara on Friday.

Despite asking plenty of questions of the Mexican defence in the first half, Iceland slipped to 3-0 defeat at the Levi's Stadium, in front of 68,917 fans.

Started for Iceland in their match against Mexico.

The match kicked off at 2.30am UK time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ ARON GUNNARSSON “

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:17 am

Only played 1st half as well so hopefully Iceland are being sensible.......for a change!

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Only played 1st half as well so hopefully Iceland are being sensible.......for a change!

Great news! I think Warnock mentioned he's not playing the second game. I've got a feeling he might come on in the second half against Burton before being fully unleashed against Sheffield United, Villa and Wolves. It will be great to have him back

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 pm

According to Warnock he was due to play 60 odd minutes in game one and nothing in game two

If he ends up playing another 45 mins don’t think it would be the end of the world

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:14 pm

If he is fit after his op. I would have thought he would benefit from game time.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:45 pm

He’s confirmed on social media he’s coming back to Cardiff to focus on the end of this season.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Needs to wait for his opportunity as far as I'm concerned.

Would certainly not put him straight back into the team as we've coped perfectly well without him.

I'm sure he'll have a role to play but not as first choice.

Re: UPDATED “ ARON GUNNARSSON “

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:03 pm

UPDATED :bluebird:

Cardiff City ace Aron Gunnarsson has taken a significant step towards full fitness, after completing 45 minutes of Iceland's defeat to Mexico in Santa Clara on Friday.

Despite asking plenty of questions of the Mexican defence in the first half, Iceland slipped to 3-0 defeat at the Levi's Stadium, in front of 68,917 fans.

Re: UPDATED “ ARON GUNNARSSON “

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED :bluebird:

Glad hes had some game time, wouldnt mind if he got a bit more in their next game to get up to match fitness. Next 9 games are cup semi finals, ruff and tumble stuff, so more of the squad we have up to speed the better, as there will be knocks and injuries. Maybe wrong, but I think our squad is more suited to what lies ahead in these last 9 games than any of the others, especially as most only have 8 games left :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:58 pm

MiskinBlue88 wrote:He’s confirmed on social media he’s coming back to Cardiff to focus on the end of this season.

:thumbup: