“ KEN CHOO: FANS WILL BE REFUNDED “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, has issued the following personal response to the EFL’s statement issued on Thursday, 22nd March relating to the postponement of our fixture with Derby County earlier this month.

Official Supporters Clubs Coaches only will be refunded.

Thursday 22nd March 2018

“Whilst the Club has noted the EFL’s findings in relation to the postponement of last Sunday’s game, it doesn’t mask the disappointment we feel.

“Of paramount importance to us throughout this process was that our supporters were treated fairly and with respect. Today’s findings don’t acknowledge the wasted efforts and expenditure incurred by those who travelled to the game last weekend.

“It was our contention that the very least we could expect from this investigation was that our supporters would be recompensed by Derby County: not as an admission of wrongdoing on their part, but as a simple human gesture and in the spirit of the game. For this not to be forthcoming has disappointed us more than anything.

“I’ve been in contact with Tan Sri Vincent Tan throughout this process and, in the absence of goodwill, he will be personally reimbursing all officially organised supporter coach travel that made its way to the postponed game.

“We now look forward to putting this unsavoury episode behind us and concentrating on our targets for the remainder of the season.”

For further information, supporters should contact their respective travel providers.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ KEN CHOO: FANS WILL BE REFUNDED “

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 pm

FairPlay Vincent tan
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby Be Blue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm

What a fantastic gesture from Tan
Be Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Nice one VT top bloke :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:17 pm

What an amazing gesture by VT. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Good job Ken and Vincent! Hopfully he gets a warm welcome and thank you next time he's in attendance
langstoneBlue

Postby GrangeEndStar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:30 pm

What a fantastic response from KC and VT. It eloquently belittles Derby whilst showing we are the better club, both on the pitch and off it.

Now lets take 3000 up to the Derby Duckers and smash the cowards.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:What a fantastic response from KC and VT. It eloquently belittles Derby whilst showing we are the better club, both on the pitch and off it.

I wish I had posted that :occasion5: :notworthy: :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby The Cobra » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Well done Vincent, top man, now lets all get behind team and club, let the past be that, the past. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
The Cobra

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:What a fantastic response from KC and VT. It eloquently belittles Derby whilst showing we are the better club, both on the pitch and off it.

Ken Choo has verbally destroyed both Derby and EFL with those words and VT has backed him up with actions. We are indeed the better club in every respect.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Sven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 pm

This is very magnanimous and a super gesture from the club with some very smart wording from Ken Choo :thumbright:

Hopefully, most of those who travelled on Sunday will be able to rebook on their original coaches and travel will be free, whilst those who cannot attend will be refunded appropriately

Good on you, Cardiff City FC :notworthy:

Shame on you, Derby County :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby davids » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Well said Ken and a great gesture by the club and the owner.

He's right too - no acknowledgement by the EFL of the fact that over 2000 Cardiff fans made an exceptional effort to travel to the game just a statement that many people would have been leaving around 9am to get to the game! :o

Do they realise how long it takes to Derby from Cardiff? Do they not actively encourage away fans to get to the ground in plenty of time for kick-off?

How the f**k would we have got to the ground in time for a 12 o clock kick off by leaving at 9am? Or were they only worried about the Derby fans getting to the ground safely?

Or were they embarrassed by the fact that so many fans were willing to travel through the awful conditions in South Wales to support their team over a hundred miles away when the Derby fans who live within spitting distance of the ground were whining that they couldn't get their cars off their drives?

Well done the club and VT on this - going a long way now towards repairing the damage done by the rebrand and proving regularly that lessons have been learned and that they are acting in the best interests of the club and the supporters.

:thumbup:
davids

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:50 pm

davids wrote:Well said Ken and a great gesture by the club and the owner.

He's right too - no acknowledgement by the EFL of the fact that over 2000 Cardiff fans made an exceptional effort to travel to the game just a statement that many people would have been leaving around 9am to get to the game! :o

Do they realise how long it takes to Derby from Cardiff? Do they not actively encourage away fans to get to the ground in plenty of time for kick-off?

How the f**k would we have got to the ground in time for a 12 o clock kick off by leaving at 9am? Or were they only worried about the Derby fans getting to the ground safely?

Or were they embarrassed by the fact that so many fans were willing to travel through the awful conditions in South Wales to support their team over a hundred miles away when the Derby fans who live within spitting distance of the ground were whining that they couldn't get their cars off their drives?

Well done the club and VT on this - going a long way now towards repairing the damage done by the rebrand and proving regularly that lessons have been learned and that they are acting in the best interests of the club and the supporters.

:thumbup:

I made the same point earlier - its a disgrace that the EFL did not mention CCFC supporters once in that statement. Thankfully, we have better people running our club. Ken Choo has not once mentioned the game or the decision only the interests of the travelling fans.
Bluebird For Life

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Every man and his dog know Derby pulled a fast one...but lets let it go now

Brilliant gesture from Tan and he deserves every credit for it

Time for us and the team to get back to business..we got a title to win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Beats an ice cream down Barry Island any day. :mrgreen:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebina » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, has issued the following personal response to the EFL’s statement issued on Thursday, 22nd March relating to the postponement of our fixture with Derby County earlier this month.

Official Supporters Clubs Coaches only will be refunded.

Thursday 22nd March 2018

“Whilst the Club has noted the EFL’s findings in relation to the postponement of last Sunday’s game, it doesn’t mask the disappointment we feel.

“Of paramount importance to us throughout this process was that our supporters were treated fairly and with respect. Today’s findings don’t acknowledge the wasted efforts and expenditure incurred by those who travelled to the game last weekend.

“It was our contention that the very least we could expect from this investigation was that our supporters would be recompensed by Derby County: not as an admission of wrongdoing on their part, but as a simple human gesture and in the spirit of the game. For this not to be forthcoming has disappointed us more than anything.

“I’ve been in contact with Tan Sri Vincent Tan throughout this process and, in the absence of goodwill, he will be personally reimbursing all officially organised supporter coach travel that made its way to the postponed game.

“We now look forward to putting this unsavoury episode behind us and concentrating on our targets for the remainder of the season.”

For further information, supporters should contact their respective travel providers.

Well done VT, Choo, Warnock, Vince everyone, this club is getting more unified and together every week, we will smash them cheating prix, and hopefuly Karma will make sure they miss out on the playoffs, and get hammered next year with financial fair play !!!
Bluebina

Postby bentheblue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Big thank you to VT KC and cardiff city football club
bentheblue

Postby actionman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Fantastic gesture from tan and his staff,come on city fans who don’t come anymore because of the rebrand even you have to admit he is going a long way to make up for his mistake. It’s time to bury the hatchet and get behind the club again.
actionman

Postby TERRYB » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:34 am

actionman wrote:Fantastic gesture from tan and his staff,come on city fans who don’t come anymore because of the rebrand even you have to admit he is going a long way to make up for his mistake. It’s time to bury the hatchet and get behind the club again.

Let's get 3000 passionate Bluebirds fans up to Pride Park and show them what Pride in our Club we have! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby Sam_89 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 am

Fantastic gesture from VT and hard work from Vince Alm. On to Burton next friday! BLOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS
Sam_89

Postby skiprat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am

Club doing everything right at the moment time for the fans to turn up in big numbers for the remaining games .
skiprat

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am

I thought this would happen but still a great gesture from Tan :occasion5: :bluescarf:
2blue2handle

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 am

Well done Cardiff City! We have to remember that they don't have to do this and I think it's such a great gesture and acknowledges our fans efforts. This surely has got to cement a good club-fan relationship going forward and put to bed any negative feelings about the last which most fans I believe have moved on from that anyway. They are doing everything right and the club has a good feeling about it.

Derby are an absolute disgrace of a club because of what they've done and we all know the truth. What goes around comes around and I think probably many of them realise they have got away with this. We can rise above it all and be the better 'club'. They have let us down and not to mention their own fans down and I'd be quite embarrised to be a Derby fan right now. Anyways time to move on and focus on our next match at home! :bluescarf:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 am

A great gesture to the fans by Mr Tan but some people are very notable by their absence of comment.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Charlie Harper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:47 am

Cardiff City has some top people running our club.

Thanks to KC and VT for the gesture and lets on go forward from this point :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Brianclark5 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Great gesture. But why only those on official coaches.I travelled under my own steam , why should I lose out or the hundreds of others who did the same ? :old:
Brianclark5

Postby Jules » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Well that has made EFL and Derby look pathetic, well done Mr Tan and Mr Choo.
also good one Vince for taking up the fight.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:A great gesture to the fans by Mr Tan but some people are very notable by their absence of comment.

Taking it that is aimed at me and a few others.

Yes it is a good gesture by Tan but lets me honest here it not exactly as he will miss the money. Tan took the dignity away from the fans with the re-brand because he could. This trying to buy us back because of gestures like this does not sit with me and my fellow dislikers of him. Until Tan goes public and apologises for the idiotic re-brand it is still Tan Out from me regardless of what he does.

We wont be bought like some on here.
Bakedalasker

Postby 505 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:47 am

Could they also refund my traintickets as well ? :(

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:A great gesture to the fans by Mr Tan but some people are very notable by their absence of comment.

Taking it that is aimed at me and a few others.

Yes it is a good gesture by Tan but lets me honest here it not exactly as he will miss the money. Tan took the dignity away from the fans with the re-brand because he could. This trying to buy us back because of gestures like this does not sit with me and my fellow dislikers of him. Until Tan goes public and apologises for the idiotic re-brand it is still Tan Out from me regardless of what he does.

We wont be bought like some on here.

Don’t worry Ian, Sneggy is not on about us, he’s on about his mates the Red Brigrade who did have free ice creams.

I certainly never had a free ice cream or meal in my life of anyone from our club, always paid my way :thumbright: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat