VINCE ALM: " THE DECISION CHANGES NOTHING "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm

VINCE ALM:

"This decision changes nothing of the campaign It is exactly what we expected and predicted. The fight Continues" :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194304

The EFL has now had an opportunity to consider the submissions of both Derby County and Cardiff City following the postponement of their Championship fixture on Sunday 18 March.

We remain satisfied that the decision to postpone the fixture was the correct one in the circumstances at the time and that Derby County had made every effort to ensure the game had the opportunity to be played. They also communicated with the relevant stakeholders as it became clear it was in doubt due to safety concerns.

It should be noted that matchday safety is a matter for the club to determine and the EFL’s policy with regard to the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) is in place to provide a qualified ‘third party’ sign off for any game where the condition of the pitch is not the primary concern, so as to avoid the circumstances we saw on Sunday.

From the information that has been assessed, it is clear that the decision to postpone the match was taken by the club but was reached following earlier consultation with the SAG, which includes the Police, other Emergency Services and Derby City Council. They agreed with the recommendation put forward by the club and that position was confirmed via the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) Chair shortly after the 8:30am announcement.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194304
Attachments
Large-2.jpeg
Large-2.jpeg (156.38 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Large.jpeg
Large.jpeg (265.64 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCE ALM: " THE DECISION CHANGES NOTHING "

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 pm

What nobody has explained adequately as far as I can see is why the Fulham game was allowed to go ahead by all of the parties involved. Derby had injuries then too and the weather was worse, so what exactly was the thing that made the difference on Sunday. We all know what we believe is the real reason and that this is a total stitch up, but how could a safety certificate be issued for Fulham but not our match?. Perhaps the club should request a copy of each safety certificate so that we can at least be told how the respective decisions were made and who at the EFL signed them off?
Bluebird For Life

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:What nobody has explained adequately as far as I can see is why the Fulham game was allowed to go ahead by all of the parties involved. Derby had injuries then too and the weather was worse, so what exactly was the thing that made the difference on Sunday. We all know what we believe is the real reason and that this is a total stitch up, but how could a safety certificate be issued for Fulham but not our match?. Perhaps the club should request a copy of each safety certificate so that we can at least be told how the respective decisions were made and who at the EFL signed them off?

Apparently derby had word with the stewards bribing them not to attend game so H&'S became an issue very simple really to get game called off . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:What nobody has explained adequately as far as I can see is why the Fulham game was allowed to go ahead by all of the parties involved. Derby had injuries then too and the weather was worse, so what exactly was the thing that made the difference on Sunday. We all know what we believe is the real reason and that this is a total stitch up, but how could a safety certificate be issued for Fulham but not our match?. Perhaps the club should request a copy of each safety certificate so that we can at least be told how the respective decisions were made and who at the EFL signed them off?

Apparently derby had word with the stewards bribing them not to attend game so H&'S became an issue very simple really to get game called off . :old:

That's a pretty serious allegation mate - do you have any evidence that its true?
Bluebird For Life

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Those CCTV stills show the roads are clear and the snow is hardly deep. Seen the timestamp is 0730. That would all be melted in an hour when the sun comes up fully!

Did they honestly call the game off for that amount of snow?! That's setting a dangerous precedent! Get ready to see games called off all the time. Poor from the EFL.
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Those CCTV stills show the roads are clear and the snow is hardly deep. Seen the timestamp is 0730. That would all be melted in an hour when the sun comes up fully!

Did they honestly call the game off for that amount of snow?! That's setting a dangerous precedent! Get ready to see games called off all the time. Poor from the EFL.

Logic would have said push the KO back a couple of hours, as there would be a 4pm exit (still light) and no further snow forecast for that day or night :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Those CCTV stills show the roads are clear and the snow is hardly deep. Seen the timestamp is 0730. That would all be melted in an hour when the sun comes up fully!

Logic would have said push the KO back a couple of hours, as there would be a 4pm exit (still light) and no further snow forecast for that day or night :thumbright:

Exactly. Would've saved all sorts of pain for everyone (apart from Derby).
jimmy_rat

Postby stevee1966 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:13 pm

I think it now time to let this go. EFL have made their decision and are not going to change their minds. Continuing to 'fight on' is now beginning to sound a bit desperate on our part.

We know we were stiched up but let's move on to the future instead of getting bogged down in the past.
stevee1966

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That's a pretty serious allegation mate - do you have any evidence that its true?

Tung in cheek but they did say people couldn't get out of their drives? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Tung in cheek but they did say people couldn't get out of their drives? :laughing6:

A couple of Derby Stewards said on the day that others had been "told not to travel" and I guess we have to assess whether that was for safety or other reasons? It's a toughie but I'm of the opinion that Derby 'used' the situation for their own purposes and their manager's comments on the Friday only serve to boost the thoughts of conspiracy
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A couple of Derby Stewards said on the day that others had been "told not to travel" and I guess we have to assess whether that was for safety or other reasons? It's a toughie but I'm of the opinion that Derby 'used' the situation for their own purposes and their manager's comments on the Friday only serve to boost the thoughts of conspiracy[/quote

The thing I am finding difficult to understand in this saga is who was giving the orders, taking phone calls etc. at Derby's end. Because apparently nobody could get to the ground. I can't imagine that they used FB or Twitter to "allegedly" notify us of the decision, and suspect they didn't have Warnock's mobile number so that would mean they would have to call the hotel to tell the team bus to stay where it was. Maybe the hotel just forgot. Somebody opened the club shop after the match was postponed, likewise the restaurants and so on. But somehow the only people who could effectively be used in the H & S excuse i.e. stewards couldn't get there, but all those other staff members could...
Bluebird For Life

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Key EFL figure expands on initial Derby v Cardiff statement

Thursday 22nd March 2018

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey believes that lessons can be learned from the Derby vs Cardiff game postponement.

There has been a lot of debate around Derby’s decision to cancel their home match against Cardiff on the 18th March.

The Bluebirds weren’t happy with the decision because of the additional travel that it adds to their packed schedule as well as the fact that it was the only game cancelled in the Championship.

However, the EFL supported the decision, but they believed that the situation could have been handled better and the Chief Executive has expanded on that with how they plan to tackle this issue and what improvements can be made.

Here are the key parts of what Harvey had to say: “As a result of this week’s events a number of important lessons have been learned and we will be working on some revised advice and guidance that will be issued to all 72 clubs.”

“Whilst the EFL maintains the correct decision was ultimately taken by Derby County, it is important to note that in their submission, Cardiff City FC raised some exceptionally valid points that, quite rightly, will form part of our overall review.”

“We will be putting the issue of match postponements on the agenda for our next Supporter Engagement Meeting that will take place before the end of the season in order to directly address these issues.”

The Verdict

It’s unusual for England to have such hazardous weather especially so late in the year. Therefore, this is definitely something that the clubs and the EFL can learn from.

Harvey ensured that he stayed neutral in this debate by citing how both sides were in the right in specific areas for this issue.

His comments show that the EFL is willing to learn from this and is keen to ensure that the supporters have a say, which is the most that they can do after the event, so they have responded in the right way.
Attachments
prideparkkllane.jpg
prideparkkllane.jpg (267.42 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Harvey says he stayed neutral but his decision benefits only one club in the top ten of the division. How is that staying neutral?
Bluebird For Life

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

OK replace bribe with 'encouraged' ;)
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Said apparently but wtf :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think we all know what really happened ;)
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think we all know what really happened ;)

Yes shame efl won't admit that!! interesting to see what new guidelines they come out with but it won't alter fact that they have given clubs carte blanche to use H&S as reason to postpone games unilaterally. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:30 pm

I really think the efl do not realise the implication of this judgement. This gives clubs the legitimate excuse to call off games using h&s reasons when it suits them in the future.
BLUE54

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:33 pm

BLUE54 wrote:I really think the efl do not realise the implication of this judgement. This gives clubs the legitimate excuse to call off games using h&s reasons when it suits them in the future.

Of course it does and all they got to do is follow procedures then show the pics derby provided to compare to theirs and hey presto conditions to bad so sag agree and that's that game off :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:I really think the efl do not realise the implication of this judgement. This gives clubs the legitimate excuse to call off games using h&s reasons when it suits them in the future.

Of course it does and all they got to do is follow procedures then show the pics derby provided to compare to theirs and hey presto conditions to bad so sag agree and that's that game off :thumbup:

Unfortunately this is what that idiot of the EFL has been saying and they will close the loop hole.
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Unfortunately this is what that idiot of the EFL has been saying and they will close the loop hole.

How though? If they have to get verification of clubs wish to call game off by say get ref s view fans could be already at game? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 pm

We all know that Derby are a bunch of fairies who didn't want to get cold on the day. Let's hope we are promoted by the time we play them and can go up there and enjoy knocking them out of the play off spots once and for all. :bluebird:
avondaleblue

Postby rhondda 1015 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:02 pm

avondaleblue wrote:We all know that Derby are a bunch of fairies who didn't want to get cold on the day. Let's hope we are promoted by the time we play them and can go up there and enjoy knocking them out of the play off spots once and for all. :bluebird:

This is the correct response, everyone knew nothing was going to happen. A few thousand people signing a petition was never going to change anything.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:15 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:We all know that Derby are a bunch of fairies who didn't want to get cold on the day. Let's hope we are promoted by the time we play them and can go up there and enjoy knocking them out of the play off spots once and for all. :bluebird:

This is the correct response, everyone knew nothing was going to happen. A few thousand people signing a petition was never going to change anything.

Neither would sitting in front of pc pressing keyboard change anything no which is better though :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby rhondda 1015 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Neither would sitting in front of pc pressing keyboard change anything no which is better though :thumbup:

You've made 13 thousand posts since you registered on here, I've been on here longer than that and have made just over a thousand. I think we all know which one of us is on their pc 'pressing keyboard change anything no'-what ever that means!
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

You've made 13 thousand posts since you registered on here, I've been on here longer than that and have made just over a thousand. I think we all know which one of us is on their pc 'pressing keyboard change anything no'-what ever that means!

Awwwwwww never mind. There must be hundreds on here who fall into catagory you just described so at least I'm not alone! And it must be nice for you to come out of your dungeon once in awhile :clap: :wave:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat