Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Declan John

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm

I know it's only China but really impressed by Johns performance, confidence seems to be back, comfortable on the ball, good link up play looked a new man.

Re: Declan John

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Agree, I thought he played very well and linked well with others down that left (Better than Taylor imo). I always thought he was a very good player at LWB and he was the only good thing about Trollope's rain. But I think his defending was too poor for Warnock's liking, but the move to Rangers has done him the world of good.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 pm

His defending is still poor but improving, Rangers Fans like him, he’s a good pro and always puts in a good shift. Good to see him back in the Welsh Team.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am

He's a great fit for wingbacks, but we'll see against the likes of Uruguay! Great going forward, but susceptible defensively.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 am

He had a good game for Rangers against Celtic at Ibrox and contributed to one of the goals

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm

I think we should really start thinking about a feeder team in the scots premier.

This is not to take the piss out of that league
its just that the top two English divisions (prem/champ) are so tight or financially driven, that blooding is extremely difficult.

We have no reserve teams and a weak U23 set up

Not really fair on managers who have no room to build or develop and could be sacked in a 10 game spell.
This forces us to buy established players and gives no room for young blood. No good for bank balance either.

Any thoughts????

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 pm

eddiep wrote:I think we should really start thinking about a feeder team in the scots premier.

This is not to take the piss out of that league
its just that the top two English divisions (prem/champ) are so tight or financially driven, that blooding is extremely difficult.

We have no reserve teams and a weak U23 set up

Not really fair on managers who have no room to build or develop and could be sacked in a 10 game spell.
This forces us to buy established players and gives no room for young blood. No good for bank balance either.

Any thoughts????

Great idea, Hearts / Livingston would be good :thumbright:
An annual friendly too :thumbright: