Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SNOWGATE: EFL DECISION ANNOUNCED "

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:25 pm

davids wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:So every club can call off a game when it snows as long as get sag to agree to it? Just takes a bit of manipulation of how many stewards can get to ground and H&S comes into play? Brilliant :laughing6:

In a nutshell you have hit the nail on the head.

If for any reason the home club wanted a postponement then all they need is a so called valid reason for why stewards can't make it to the ground (poor weather conditions) and the game gets called off for safety reasons.

There is nothing we can do about it although I'm glad that the EFL seem to be leaning towards the points raised by CCFC which I believe could be about the travelling support and the financial impact the postponement had on them.

So if we have a period of heavy rain it could justify calling the game off.

Heavy rain makes conditions on the roads potentially treacherous and life threatening and we shouldn't expect our fans or stewards to put their lives at risk in such weather conditions.

It doesn't matter that the pitch is playable, the surroundings of the stadium are safe and that public transport is still running, the club can unilaterally carry out a "risk assessment" and decide to call the game off on health and safety grounds then inform the police and safety group that they have made this decision.

And the EFL have effectively confirmed that they will back that decision fully.

Well they've said derby was in the right even though a club doesn't have the right to unilaterally call game off which the efl as said they did? So As long as sag agree there is sweet fa the efl can do about it ! Stupid decision in extreme.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:So every club can call off a game when it snows as long as get sag to agree to it? Just takes a bit of manipulation of how many stewards can get to ground and H&S comes into play? Brilliant :laughing6:

If for any reason the home club wanted a postponement then all they need is a so called valid reason for why stewards can't make it to the ground (poor weather conditions) and the game gets called off for safety reasons.

There is nothing we can do about it although I'm glad that the EFL seem to be leaning towards the points raised by CCFC which I believe could be about the travelling support and the financial impact the postponement had on them.

Heavy rain makes conditions on the roads potentially treacherous and life threatening and we shouldn't expect our fans or stewards to put their lives at risk in such weather conditions.

It doesn't matter that the pitch is playable, the surroundings of the stadium are safe and that public transport is still running, the club can unilaterally carry out a "risk assessment" and decide to call the game off on health and safety grounds then inform the police and safety group that they have made this decision.

In theory yes. :shock:

Re: BREAKING: " SNOWGATE: EFL DECISION ANNOUNCED "

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Ultimately the only real losers in this are the travelling fans, midday kick off for a local derby is one thing but expecting fans to make a 4 hour journey for an absurdly early kick off is taking the piss, DCFC's actions are dis-respectful (politest word I could write!)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm

davids wrote:

It's not pheory sag as overall power to postpone any match so efl don't have say in matter as long as club follows procedures and sag say OK that's it game off :old:

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

It's not pheory sag as overall power to postpone any match so efl don't have say in matter as long as club follows procedures and sag say OK that's it game off :old:

It just fails me that the SAG representative can make that decision when he's not even in Derby.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:26 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:

It just fails me that the SAG representative can make that decision when he's not even in Derby.

Well as the derby pictures show there was little or no snow around stadium so sag guy took word of the club? How did efl accept that situation?

Re: BREAKING: " SNOWGATE: EFL DECISION ANNOUNCED "

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Brushed under the carpet :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: