WARNOCKS HONESTY: " I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Neil Warnock would have 'done the same'

Wednesday 21st 2018

Interesting to hear Neil Warnock say he’d have done what Derby did and try and get the game called off, if he had the same the injury and suspension crisis as the Rams.

This is what he told talkSPORT...

NEIL WARNOCK:

"If the boot would have been on the other foot, I’d have done the same. I would have tried to get an advantage when they have got Huddlestone suspended and a lot of injuries."

"Ironically, it happened to me at Derby when I was at Sheffield United and I wanted the game off as we had a lot of problems and they wanted it on.
We got the referee to call it off and we then went back a few weeks later and got beat and I thought ‘I’m never going to do that again’."

"So, hopefully we will get a good result when we go back to Derby.”
Attachments
JS146689416.jpg
JS146689416.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WARNOCKS HONESTY: " I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME "

Postby Jules » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:53 am

imo that's enough said as how can we blame Derby when our own manager says that? stupid.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:07 am

Jules wrote:imo that's enough said as how can we blame Derby when our own manager says that? stupid.

i think hes just emphasizing the point that the reason derby called the match off was because of the injuries they had, not the weather
paulh_85

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:44 am

Jules wrote:imo that's enough said as how can we blame Derby when our own manager says that? stupid.

You've missed his point completly. By saying he would have done the same he's telling you what they've done.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jules » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 am

Doh, I hear him but as the saying goes "Two wrongs don't make a right" so is he not now condoning the actions taken by DCFC
Jules

Postby Mr Shed » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 am

It's a very clever statement if you ask me. He is maintaining that that is why it was called off (not because of snow or safety) but the fact that he is agreeing with it may force the EFL to take action or else a situation like this may seem to be an acceptable solution to an injury crisis. Either the EFL take action or they change the rules.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:05 am

Because he said he would've but he didn't actually do it.

The difference here is that Derby done it.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am

Yes, I heard the interview live and immediately thought "oh no, what has he said". Then after thinking it back realising that he said it to emphasise the point that the game was called off not due to weather conditions, but for another reason of which we all know. ;)
BLUE54

Postby City Slicker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 am

BLUE54 wrote:Yes, I heard the interview live and immediately thought "oh no, what has he said". Then after thinking it back realising that he said it to emphasise the point that the game was called off not due to weather conditions, but for another reason of which we all know. ;)

Yes I thought exactly the same and I think he chose his words carefully. I just wish he had also added "if I could have got away with it". I think that might just have distanced himself further from Derby's actions and placed them in a worse light.
City Slicker

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:32 am

Come on he's saying if city had the problems derby had he would have used weather as an excuse to get game called off if possible as well? He's actually highlighting what derby have done :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Jules » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 am

BLUE54 wrote:Yes, I heard the interview live and immediately thought "oh no, what has he said". Then after thinking it back realising that he said it to emphasise the point that the game was called off not due to weather conditions, but for another reason of which we all know. ;)

This... :thumbup: Obviously not the only one to take it the wrong way then :ayatollah:

Still of the mind that nothing will come of it sadly.
Jules

Postby ThomasC » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

Nothing will happen, but, EFL have to look at counter-measures to stop this practice. It's a disgrace
ThomasC

Postby Sven » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

You've missed his point completly. By saying he would have done the same he's telling you what they've done.

I tend to agree. He's just been a little more subtle and is possibly trying to play it down (publicly at least) ahead of the rearranged game and so everyone can concentrate on what comes before that :thumbright:

The antiquated EFL Roulette machine is now spinning and whatever number their crooked ball falls on to, it will be one no one has put money on! ;) :laughing6: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat