Derby Petition & Points Deduction

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:32 pm

See that Walesonline are reporting that a Boro fan has started a petition (change.org) calling for Derby to be decducted points after Sunday’s episode.

Looks like it’s not just Cardiff fans who are disappointed by the postponement but also fans from other teams in the play off mix.
bridgendbluebird30

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Derby Petition & Points Deduction

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Nothing to do with the fact Derby are their play off arrivals?
Bakedalasker

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 pm

I do think Derby should be punished but I don't agree with us or other clubs trying to get the upper hand for it.
2blue2handle

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 pm

I am surprised that other clubs haven’t questioned this.
Mr Potato

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:59 pm

At last the other clubs effected by derby's antics are waking up to fact it actually could have effected them. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Nothing to do with the fact Derby are their play off arrivals?

They have been cheated too as they still have to play Derby who may well have lost against us in their game in hand. As it stands Derby have gained an advantage over every other club in the top ten with perhaps the exception of Wolves who they aren't going to catch. You could argue that with International Break their injury list would have got better and therefore those clubs would have played them at full strength anyway, but it is the principle of them trying to gain an advantage by postponing that is wrong - all other clubs played on Saturday in conditions that were probably worse than on Sunday. Derby knew that a defeat would worsen their goal difference and that potentially dropping a further three points would put them at serious risk of being caught by those below them. It might still happen and I hope it does. They should be punished for their actions, and personally while I think a petition is a bit OTT, the right and fair decision would be to dock them three points.
Bluebird For Life

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:22 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:See that Walesonline are reporting that a Boro fan has started a petition (change.org) calling for Derby to be decducted points after Sunday’s episode.

Looks like it’s not just Cardiff fans who are disappointed by the postponement but also fans from other teams in the play off mix.

What's the link?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:23 pm

The petition seems to be gathering a bit of pace too this is what you could say is the snowball affect coming back to bite Derby in the arse :laughing6:
Mr Potato

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 pm

SIgned over 1100 signed already

Maybe you should put the link in your original post for others to sign?
CardiffCityBlue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Signed. Its a good thing as other clubs are affected by Derby's cheating and the EFL will note that a call for action is not just coming from us.

Can we make this a sticky please mods as the signatures are already at 1200 and growing.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:56 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Signed. Its a good thing as other clubs are affected by Derby's cheating and the EFL will note that a call for action is not just coming from us.

Can we make this a sticky please mods as the signatures are already at 1200 and growing.

Also be good if Annis can get it out on facebook :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Signed. Its a good thing as other clubs are affected by Derby's cheating and the EFL will note that a call for action is not just coming from us.

Great idea. Would be good if we can all get sharing it. There's a few Cardiff twitter accounts that would be good to have it too. :thumbup:
GrangeEndStar

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:50 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Great idea. Would be good if we can all get sharing it. There's a few Cardiff twitter accounts that would be good to have it too. :thumbup:

I'll share to twitter when I get home from work :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Done a few twitter accounts. Walesonline are running the petition story and including a link. God comments from Andy Campbell in there too:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... ssion=true
GrangeEndStar

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Signed. Fully except the game still needs to be played and there's no benefit for us. But what Derby did was wrong and they need to be penalised for it. Minimum 3 point penalty.
epping blue

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Nothing to do with the fact Derby are their play off arrivals?

They have been cheated too as they still have to play Derby who may well have lost against us in their game in hand. As it stands Derby have gained an advantage over every other club in the top ten with perhaps the exception of Wolves who they aren't going to catch. You could argue that with International Break their injury list would have got better and therefore those clubs would have played them at full strength anyway, but it is the principle of them trying to gain an advantage by postponing that is wrong - all other clubs played on Saturday in conditions that were probably worse than on Sunday. Derby knew that a defeat would worsen their goal difference and that potentially dropping a further three points would put them at serious risk of being caught by those below them. It might still happen and I hope it does. They should be punished for their actions, and personally while I think a petition is a bit OTT, the right and fair decision would be to dock them three points.

I'm surprised other clubs have not rallied around us in support specially those chasing a play off spot.

I would say most clubs know we have the 2nd auto spot practically sown up so taking points of any play off arrival would be welcome by those also chasing a play off.
Bakedalasker

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:50 pm

A petition? Seriously, some people need to sort themselves out...
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby grange_end1927 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:51 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:A petition? Seriously, some people need to sort themselves out...

Are u a Derby rat mate?
grange_end1927

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:A petition? Seriously, some people need to sort themselves out...

Are u a Derby rat mate?

No, I'm a reasonably intelligent person who realizes that a petition will get you absolutely nowhere.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:52 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Just found it gents...

https://www.change.org/p/efl-dock-derby ... -a-fixture

Signed!

Signed, make this a sticky !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 pm

It is a petition that was gathering a bit of pace started by a boro fan - seriously

To be fair I believe from what I have read all Cardiff are interested in is fans getting their money back and rightly so
Mr Potato

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

I'm surprised other clubs have not rallied around us in support specially those chasing a play off spot.

I would say most clubs know we have the 2nd auto spot practically sown up so taking points of any play off arrival would be welcome by those also chasing a play off.

Likewise, but the silence appears to be deafening... Perhaps there are things going on behind the scenes from these clubs who really should also be asking why the match was called off especially having played in poor conditions themselves the day before.
Bluebird For Life

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Mr Potato wrote:It is a petition that was gathering a bit of pace started by a boro fan - seriously

To be fair I believe from what I have read all Cardiff are interested in is fans getting their money back and rightly so

That's even sadder that it was a Boro fan, I didn't realise that. I would say the chance of Cardiff fans getting their money back is absolute zero, hope I'm proved wrong.

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Up to 2700 now.
GrangeEndStar

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Up to 2700 now.

If it gets to 270,000 I think there's a very slim chance someone might sit up and take notice.

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:30 pm

I would say the chances of Derby going unpunished is now starting to look a little ropey!
Mr Potato

Postby The Cobra » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Up to 2700 now.

If it gets to 270,000 I think there's a very slim chance someone might sit up and take notice.[/quot

You do realise how this cheating may effect the play offs and whats at stake for these other clubs do you? Obviously you dont like it, but these teams have every right to try and right a wrong. You obviously dont mind cheats. Dispite your user name you must have some affinity to those cheating rams! ;)
The Cobra

Postby The Cobra » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Mr Potato wrote:The petition seems to be gathering a bit of pace too this is what you could say is the snowball affect coming back to bite Derby in the arse :laughing6:

Petition is on the Forest forum now, think that will get 1 or 2 signed up!
The Cobra

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Up to 3400 now
Escott1927

Next

Return to General Chat