" NEIL ETHERIDGE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL ETHERIDGE "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Neil Etheridge: 'One in a lifetime chance'

Wednesday 21st March 2018

NEIL ETHERIDGE:

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the boys including myself to go to the Asian Cup."

"We know there will definitely be great support at home and the boys know what is at stake. To make history is one thing but to be part of that squad to achieve it will be fantastic.
We are in this situation (to qualify) because we had a great start to the campaign. Going into this final game, it is pretty much all or nothing for Philippines."

"I’ve gotten used to travelling back to Asia to play for Philippines and it is all about readjusting that mindset and put my full focus on the 90 minutes and get out with result we know we are capable of."

"I fly in Wednesday, play for Philippines and I get back in to club business the following Wednesday before we take on Burton Albion on Friday. It’ll be a crazy few weeks in and out but I am ready for it."

"I’m not thinking about the hectic schedule and focusing on what I can achieve instead. Hopefully, pushing myself to the limit this season will inspire more Filipino youngsters to chase the football dream and know that there is an opportunity to play at the highest level."
Attachments
JS127757273.jpg
JS127757273.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

" NEIL ETHERIDGE "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NEIL ETHERIDGE "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Etheridge targeting international history

What a year it’s been for Neil Etheridge.

Plucked from Walsall and thrust into the Championship promotion race with Cardiff City, he’s not only targeting the Premier League with the Bluebirds, but a piece of international history with his native Philippines too.

If they win or draw against Tajikistan next Tuesday, the Philippines will qualify for the Asian Cup for the first time in their history. Etheridge could then become the first player from a Southeast Asian country to play in the English top flight. He’s been speaking to Fox Sport Asia and we’ll bring you those quotes...
Attachments
JS127757273.jpg
JS127757273.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Love Etheridge - I've never met him but he seems like a genuine bloke.
Good keeper who i'd be happy to keep if we went up :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Love Etheridge - I've never met him but he seems like a genuine bloke.

I met him in Viva Brazil (Cardiff) and he was happy to pose for a picture with my Daughter and Niece. He was really down to earth and I congratulated him on a great performance the day previous. I also added that despite some great saves in the game, he was no match for Bambas own goal effort (I forget the opposition). He jokingly replied that he wasn’t getting anywhere near that one.
103 Barmy Army

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:13 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Love Etheridge - I've never met him but he seems like a genuine bloke.

I met him in Viva Brazil (Cardiff) and he was happy to pose for a picture with my Daughter and Niece. He was really down to earth and I congratulated him on a great performance the day previous. I also added that despite some great saves in the game, he was no match for Bambas own goal effort (I forget the opposition). He jokingly replied that he wasn’t getting anywhere near that one.

Leeds away.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Leeds away.

Cheers mate, my memory is terrible. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Return to General Chat