Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Man set for prison for a joke pug.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:51 am

A guy in Scotland looks set for prison for teaching his pug to Nazi salute. He did it to wind his Mrs up and piss her off and posted the joke video online. He is known for his wind up videos online often in bad taste.

Yesterday in a British court he was found guilty of a hate crime which is likely to come with a custodial sentence.

This is the end of free speech and the sense of humour is Brit's so proudly boast about.

You can now be convicted if somebody is offended by something you say.

Re: Man set for prison for a joke pug.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 am

Thank God the guy got arrested and not the poor dog. One hopes someone is left to look after it.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:19 am

There is no free speech anymore

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:01 am

its a bit sick dont you think. teaching a dog to salute to phrases such as "gas the Jews" bang out of order.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 am

rustyblue wrote:its a bit sick dont you think. teaching a dog to salute to phrases such as "gas the Jews" bang out of order.

People joke about things like that all the time - It doesn't mean its his view.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:10 am

It’s not for everyone but it’s not like the dog is going to post you tube videos in support of Britain bloody first. It’s a dog, hardly insighting hatred, I used to do the salute behind my old bosses back, not cos I am a nazi but because he was a dick, there has to be context surely.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:16 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
rustyblue wrote:its a bit sick dont you think. teaching a dog to salute to phrases such as "gas the Jews" bang out of order.

this is true, Joking about 6 million people dying to your mates is one thing, spending hours training a dog to respond to antisemetic phrases, then posting a video of it is stupid, it being his view is irrelevant, because thats how he is representing himself.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:27 am

rustyblue wrote:

this is true, Joking about 6 million people dying to your mates is one thing, spending hours training a dog to respond to antisemetic phrases, then posting a video of it is stupid, it being his view is irrelevant, because thats how he is representing himself.

Posting on social media is stupid I agree.
I joke about things that I don't actually mean or have that particular view point on it but I don't post :thumbright:
People get offended way too easily these days so its best to keep things to whatsapp :laughing6:

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:28 am

rustyblue wrote:

I joke about things that I don't actually mean or have that particular view point on it but I don't post :thumbright:
People get offended way too easily these days so its best to keep things to whatsapp :laughing6:

:lol: agreed, know your audience...

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:06 pm

It's just not in any way hate speech but it is very distasteful as someone says. Makes light of the Holocaust.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

ae15 wrote:It's just not in any way hate speech but it is very distasteful as someone says. Makes light of the Holocaust.

ok but... so?

people have a right to be offended by a joke but there shouldnt be anything thats off limits, certainly nothing that sees you put behind bars.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:08 pm

No I'm generally agreeing, there's no reason to arrest him because he himself is not being racist in any way, just insensitive.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:50 pm

rustyblue wrote:

Tell that to Malky!!!! :lol:

Apparently the guys a racist and should be condemned to a jobless life of shame.

I think we'd all be fucked if the wrong people read our phones or over heard us having a laugh between our mates! it's all in context isn't it.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:
rustyblue wrote:

Tell that to Malky!!!! :lol:

Apparently the guys a racist and should be condemned to a jobless life of shame.

I think we'd all be fucked if the wrong people read our phones or over heard us having a laugh between our mates! it's all in context isn't it.

I'd be given the death penalty ... along with the rest of my mates :laughing6:

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

ae15 wrote:It's just not in any way hate speech but it is very distasteful as someone says. Makes light of the Holocaust.

Every time some lefty fekkwit squawks Nazi, at someone they disagree with, they make light of and diminish the real Nazis.
The Iman of the Mosque, The Manchester bomber attended, referred to Jews as pigs and animals, when’s that c*&£ getting arrested?

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:12 pm

These people who advocate zero tolerance on free speech seem to avoid the glaringly obvious contradiction that they are actually punishing the very freedoms they seemingly espouse with they nauseating rhetoric. We are doomed...doomed...doomed

Fraser signing off !!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm

So where does a joke end and racism begin.How many of you would post kiddie fiddling joke on youtube and what would the reaction be like in Rotheram.I'm guessing none of you because you've got more sense and have a better regard for your fellow man.I expect he knew exactly what he was doing and the idiot deserves what he gets.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Mr Potato wrote:It’s not for everyone but it’s not like the dog is going to post you tube videos in support of Britain bloody first. It’s a dog, hardly insighting hatred, I used to do the salute behind my old bosses back, not cos I am a nazi but because he was a dick, there has to be context surely.

Nope. sorry pal but I’ve forwarded this to the plods keep an ear out for the door

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:14 pm

I have seen thousands upon thousands of white crosses in Northern Europe where men gave their lives for our freedom and right to free speech regardless of what it is. I am not justifying what is in good taste and what is not but what I am saying is we are slowly losing the right to express opinions in an open society. The Country is on its way to becoming like 1930's and 1940's Nazi Germany where the gestapo would lock you up for expressing any anti Nazi viewpoint. Sad times I'm afraid.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 am

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:I have seen thousands upon thousands of white crosses in Northern Europe where men gave their lives for our freedom and right to free speech regardless of what it is. I am not justifying what is in good taste and what is not but what I am saying is we are slowly losing the right to express opinions in an open society. The Country is on its way to becoming like 1930's and 1940's Nazi Germany where the gestapo would lock you up for expressing any anti Nazi viewpoint. Sad times I'm afraid.

Yeah agree.

Don’t get me wrong if this guy was standing in the street shouting “kill all the Jews” then fair enough, lock him up.

There has to be a context attached to the things you do or say though, me personally I think a dog doing a nazi salute is hilarious , doesn’t mean I endorse what the nazis did - who the hell would

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:I have seen thousands upon thousands of white crosses in Northern Europe where men gave their lives for our freedom and right to free speech regardless of what it is. I am not justifying what is in good taste and what is not but what I am saying is we are slowly losing the right to express opinions in an open society. The Country is on its way to becoming like 1930's and 1940's Nazi Germany where the gestapo would lock you up for expressing any anti Nazi viewpoint. Sad times I'm afraid.

Yeah agree.

Don’t get me wrong if this guy was standing in the street shouting “kill all the Jews” then fair enough, lock him up.

There has to be a context attached to the things you do or say though, me personally I think a dog doing a nazi salute is hilarious , doesn’t mean I endorse what the nazis did - who the hell would

Totally agree

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 am

paulh_85 wrote:

Yeah agree.

you are sensible sometimes.... :laughing6:

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 am

Only if your a Nazi.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:14 am

Your bang on the money.
In the current political climate Mel Brooks (who’s Jewish) would be in jail for his film The Producers, that had the musical number Springtime For Hitler and Germany. Even more concerning is Hope Not Hate attempting to ban books,they consider Rightwing, from WH Smith and Amazon. We’re on a slippery slope.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 pm

It really doesn't matter how offensive speech is, we need to defend everyone's right to say what they want no matter how abhorrent you may find someone's views.

Otherwise free speech holds no meaning at all.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:So where does a joke end and racism begin.How many of you would post kiddie fiddling joke on youtube and what would the reaction be like in Rotheram.I'm guessing none of you because you've got more sense and have a better regard for your fellow man.I expect he knew exactly what he was doing and the idiot deserves what he gets.

Just think about the wider reaching implication of what your saying here for one minute.

A guy deserves to go to prison for making a joke that other people find offensive.

Is that really the world you want to exist in?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:So where does a joke end and racism begin.How many of you would post kiddie fiddling joke on youtube and what would the reaction be like in Rotheram.I'm guessing none of you because you've got more sense and have a better regard for your fellow man.I expect he knew exactly what he was doing and the idiot deserves what he gets.

Just think about the wider reaching implication of what your saying here for one minute.

A guy deserves to go to prison for making a joke that other people find offensive.

Sadly that’s what decades of kids being brainwashed, by useless leftwing academics, has led us to. Anyone who doesn’t toe the group speak party line is a bigot who should be jailed. I really fu-+&£ despair for this country. We’ll be arguing about transgender toilets as ISIS drive their tanks up Queen Street.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 am

It's a slippery path alright. The judge concluded he is guilty because it is grossly offensive, in that case wouldn't Franky Boyle be doing time? His jokes are way over the line.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 am

Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Sadly that’s what decades of kids being brainwashed, by useless leftwing academics, has led us to. Anyone who doesn’t toe the group speak party line is a bigot who should be jailed. I really fu-+&£ despair for this country. We’ll be arguing about transgender toilets as ISIS drive their tanks up Queen Street.

Not sure ISIS have tanks Jock... but the point you make is correct...

Too many pussies worrying about what other people think and getting offended way too easily.
Unless its personal leave it there...
I watched Ricky Gervais ( humanity ) last night and he makes very good points about things like this.
:thumbright:

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 am

Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Not sure ISIS have tanks Jock... but the point you make is correct...

Too many pussies worrying about what other people think and getting offended way too easily.
Unless its personal leave it there...
I watched Ricky Gervais ( humanity ) last night and he makes very good points about things like this.
:thumbright:

Censorship of free speech is not something confined to the extreme left Jock,many extreme right dictatorships and organisations use the same tactics as a weapon of choice.

ealing_ayatollah I don't think you've grasped what I'm trying to say at all but a joke to some is not to others.

CaerphillyBluebird15 This pussy thinks that if a person does what he did and has previous and has been told that if he contiues he could be in trouble..........gets what he deserves.

I've noticed that you've all conveniently ignored my kiddiefiddler in Rotheram analogy so I'll put it another way.

A Swansea City supporter wants to extol the virtues of his side to Cardiffs finest in the canton end on match day.As a police officer do you stop him there by deny him his right to free speech or do you stop him,lock the idiot up and very probably save his life.

We can all be upset by something that others find a joke.Just imagine some tw*t coming on here and making a joke about Lee Rigby or some other people that have given their life in service to our country.This forum would go berserk and rightly so.