Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Man set for prison for a joke pug.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:42 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:So where does a joke end and racism begin.How many of you would post kiddie fiddling joke on youtube and what would the reaction be like in Rotheram.I'm guessing none of you because you've got more sense and have a better regard for your fellow man.I expect he knew exactly what he was doing and the idiot deserves what he gets.

Just think about the wider reaching implication of what your saying here for one minute.

A guy deserves to go to prison for making a joke that other people find offensive.

Is that really the world you want to exist in?

Sadly that’s what decades of kids being brainwashed, by useless leftwing academics, has led us to. Anyone who doesn’t toe the group speak party line is a bigot who should be jailed. I really fu-+&£ despair for this country. We’ll be arguing about transgender toilets as ISIS drive their tanks up Queen Street.

Not sure ISIS have tanks Jock... but the point you make is correct...

Too many pussies worrying about what other people think and getting offended way too easily.
Unless its personal leave it there...
I watched Ricky Gervais ( humanity ) last night and he makes very good points about things like this.
:thumbright:

Censorship of free speech is not something confined to the extreme left Jock,many extreme right dictatorships and organisations use the same tactics as a weapon of choice.

ealing_ayatollah I don't think you've grasped what I'm trying to say at all but a joke to some is not to others.

CaerphillyBluebird15 This pussy thinks that if a person does what he did and has previous and has been told that if he contiues he could be in trouble..........gets what he deserves.

I've noticed that you've all conveniently ignored my kiddiefiddler in Rotheram analogy so I'll put it another way.

A Swansea City supporter wants to extol the virtues of his side to Cardiffs finest in the canton end on match day.As a police officer do you stop him there by deny him his right to free speech or do you stop him,lock the idiot up and very probably save his life.

We can all be upset by something that others find a joke.Just imagine some tw*t coming on here and making a joke about Lee Rigby or some other people that have given their life in service to our country.This forum would go berserk and rightly so.

Ok mate - You're right we're all wrong, Minority wins.

I won't share my thoughts on that particular joke because I know that it may anger a few more than the Nazi joke.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:So where does a joke end and racism begin.How many of you would post kiddie fiddling joke on youtube and what would the reaction be like in Rotheram.I'm guessing none of you because you've got more sense and have a better regard for your fellow man.I expect he knew exactly what he was doing and the idiot deserves what he gets.

Just think about the wider reaching implication of what your saying here for one minute.

A guy deserves to go to prison for making a joke that other people find offensive.

Sadly that’s what decades of kids being brainwashed, by useless leftwing academics, has led us to. Anyone who doesn’t toe the group speak party line is a bigot who should be jailed. I really fu-+&£ despair for this country. We’ll be arguing about transgender toilets as ISIS drive their tanks up Queen Street.

Too many pussies worrying about what other people think and getting offended way too easily.
I watched Ricky Gervais ( humanity ) last night and he makes very good points about things like this.

Censorship of free speech is not something confined to the extreme left Jock,many extreme right dictatorships and organisations use the same tactics as a weapon of choice.

ealing_ayatollah I don't think you've grasped what I'm trying to say at all but a joke to some is not to others.

CaerphillyBluebird15 This pussy thinks that if a person does what he did and has previous and has been told that if he contiues he could be in trouble..........gets what he deserves.

I've noticed that you've all conveniently ignored my kiddiefiddler in Rotheram analogy so I'll put it another way.

A Swansea City supporter wants to extol the virtues of his side to Cardiffs finest in the canton end on match day.As a police officer do you stop him there by deny him his right to free speech or do you stop him,lock the idiot up and very probably save his life.

We can all be upset by something that others find a joke.Just imagine some tw*t coming on here and making a joke about Lee Rigby or some other people that have given their life in service to our country.This forum would go berserk and rightly so.

I won't share my thoughts on that particular joke because I know that it may anger a few more than the Nazi joke.

Don't worry,the trick is never be offended by anything you read online.I'm not but I have a good laugh sometimes. ;)

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:55 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Don't worry,the trick is never be offended by anything you read online.I'm not but I have a good laugh sometimes. ;)

I almost bit :laughing5:

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Nope, not missed your point I'll refer you to my other post just above it - i.e. for freedom of speech to hold any value it has to be preserved in ALL instances no matter how abhorrent and distasteful. And to answer your point directly yes that would include someone making a joke about Rotherham or Lee Rigby.

Words and ideas are powerful and can be dangerous for sure but the way to mitigate that danger is to fight them with better words and better ideas.

Suppressing speech has been tried throughout history many, many times - tell me when has it ever been conducive to a better society?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:47 pm

So what now happens if I'm at an away game and 500 Englishmen chant sheep shaggers at us and I decide I find it grossly offensive and approach a Police officer?

Does he decide if I'm right in finding it grossly offensive or does he have to arrest all who chanted it and leave it to a judge to decide in court if being accused of beastiality is in fact grossly offensive.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:So what now happens if I'm at an away game and 500 Englishmen chant sheep shaggers at us and I decide I find it grossly offensive and approach a Police officer?

Does he decide if I'm right in finding it grossly offensive or does he have to arrest all who chanted it and leave it to a judge to decide in court if being accused of beastiality is in fact grossly offensive.

No because its a fact all welsh people are sheep shaggers.... :laughing6:

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:So what now happens if I'm at an away game and 500 Englishmen chant sheep shaggers at us and I decide I find it grossly offensive and approach a Police officer?

I'm offended by your response and the internet police are on their way.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

I'm offended by your response and the internet police are on their way.

:( I'm Sorry

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Your comments lead me back to my first post.Its all about crossing a line and it stands to reason that a group of people who were affected by the holocaust will take a different view to someone on a football lads forum who thinks it not worth making a fuss over.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Your comments lead me back to my first post.Its all about crossing a line and it stands to reason that a group of people who were affected by the holocaust will take a different view to someone on a football lads forum who thinks it not worth making a fuss over.

Everyone has been affected by something - no matter how big or small. Take it on the chin and realise that people are going to joke about things.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Everyone has been affected by something - no matter how big or small. Take it on the chin and realise that people are going to joke about things.

TBH I haven't got a strong opinion either way,I tend to see both points.The OP was wondering why this guy is facing a possible gaol sentence and I gave an alternative view but as you've said I'm in a minority and probably always will be on a football forum.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I don’t consider myself Rightwing and I am as contemptuous of the BNP as I am of the Hope not Hate and Antifas of this World. The Jack analogy Is interesting for me, as he’d be entitled to spout his pykey shite, however he should have no complaint when he was eating through a straw for the next 3 months. Likewise if an ex Mossad operative, who lost family members in Belsen, ran into the Pug Guy he shouldn’t moan when he takes offence at his tasteless humour and boots his nad sack so hard he spends the rest of his life with three Adams apples.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

The Holocaust was over 70 years ago and although it should never be forgotten when is it ok to rip the piss about it. As a Rangers Fan I love joking about the Potato Famine, to wind up the Plastic Paddies in the Celtic Support, im not actually celebrating the horrible deaths of innocent people I’m winding up the faux offended masses amongst their Fanbase, it was almost two hundred years ago, yet you can be jailed for doing it. People really have to man the fekk up.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

TBH I haven't got a strong opinion either way,I tend to see both points.The OP was wondering why this guy is facing a possible gaol sentence and I gave an alternative view but as you've said I'm in a minority and probably always will be on a football forum.

youre in a minority in all walks of life

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Joking about Nazis and actually advocating nazi ideology are different things. This guy doesn't deserve jail even if he is a complete knob. At worst some sort of warning from the police would have done, Complete waste of tax payers money into the judicial system.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:39 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

The last line in your post reveals a lot about you to be honest, if your prepared to dismiss people's opinions and work to the belief that your superior to them because they happen to be football fans then you've failed before you've even started.

I think you'll find there a lot of eloquent, well read and highly intelligent people that are also football fans. There are a number of posters on this board whose opinions I respect for such reasons.

If you think your the smartest person in the room then the likelihood is your the dumbest.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:19 am

What I think everyone agrees is that it isn't hate speech in any way.

I'm with the majority in that I personally see no grounds to send this person to jail.

I do however believe what he did was offensive. Yes, in a way, what he did would have also been offensive to the Nazis, that is a valid point. However I think laughing while saying "gas the Jews" isn't particularly respectful in any regard.

Yet I think saying "if you're offended you just need to get over it" is very small minded. Some people have thick skin, some people don't. That's life. It isn't fair to say to someone who isn't as a strong a character that they should "just get over it", because that's not the way they are, they do get upset easier, and as long as they do have a genuine reason to get upset then we should accept that.

This isn't a case where someone is getting offended over something which doesn't harm anyone in any way. There are still people alive who are Holocaust survivors, or who have close relatives who were killed. This is still recent history. Treating a subject like that so lightly is really quite disrespectful to the people who are still literally dealing with the scars.