Villa tickets avoid disappointment

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:33 am

Ticket office is mental and they are selling like hot cakes, if you want to go to this game I would suggest you purchase them ASAP as likely to sell out very soon. Uppacity

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194107 :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Villa tickets avoid disappointment

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Young lad on our bus text me to say the bottom tier was already sold out . Is this true ?
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Young lad on our bus text me to say the bottom tier was already sold out . Is this true ?
Lawnmower

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Young lad on our bus text me to say the bottom tier was already sold out . Is this true ?

Tim am not sure, but today was one of the busiest days this season for an away match and just a matter of time before sold out. Anybody know if we would get a further release of tickets?
Stringfellow

Postby AV3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 pm

I would say that it's 99.9% unlikely that you will get any more in terms of the section you've been allocated. However, that section holds around 2900 and I read on here that you've only got 2600. There could be another 300 made available if you sell the 2600. I'm not sure why you only got 2600 in the first place? I'm sure some teams get the whole 2900 in one go.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby epping blue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 pm

AV3 wrote:I would say that it's 99.9% unlikely that you will get any more in terms of the section you've been allocated. However, that section holds around 2900 and I read on here that you've only got 2600. There could be another 300 made available if you sell the 2600. I'm not sure why you only got 2600 in the first place? I'm sure some teams get the whole 2900 in one go.

We've had restrictions in the past for large numbers of fans not occupying the correct seat. Its just the last few seasons it hasn't been an issue. Hopefully they'll give us the lot as the behaviour generally, is pretty good these days.
epping blue

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:06 pm

They have also probably held back some from the segregation section in the bottom right hand corner as there was some altercation there last time.

Wrong that we gave them 4500 out of a 33k stadium and we are only getting a max of 2600 in a 45k one. Should offer us at least 4K- maybe 5
Lawnmower

Postby MOZZER1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:29 pm

should have offered us at least 4k

would have sold the lot this time around

wish it was a saturday game tho . would have made a weekend of it
MOZZER1

Postby AV3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Lawnmower wrote:They have also probably held back some from the segregation section in the bottom right hand corner as there was some altercation there last time.

Wrong that we gave them 4500 out of a 33k stadium and we are only getting a max of 2600 in a 45k one. Should offer us at least 4K- maybe 5

Why?

You only offered us those tickets because you knew you wouldn't sell them yourselves. If we had you in the play offs, you wouldn't give us the same allocation would you?

If we can sell out with our own fans, why would we possibly want to turn some away just to accommodate away fans?
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby MOZZER1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:38 pm

i,m sort of with AV3 with his reply

if we are selling out our own stadium or close to don't think we would have given villa the extra allocation back in August

but let's hope for the same scoreline tho :bluescarf:

pretty sure wolves have been given more than normal too in a few weeks time . sure i read that on the wolveselona site
MOZZER1

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

MOZZER1 wrote:i,m sort of with AV3 with his reply

if we are selling out our own stadium or close to don't think we would have given villa the extra allocation back in August

pretty sure wolves have been given more than normal too in a few weeks time . sure i read that on the wolveselona site

Villas capacity is 43000 ish and average gate 31000. They've had an average of 12000 spare seats all season which is not dissimilar to us.

They didn't even sell out in the local Derby v Wolves.

So, can't see why they can't give us more.

Or are they expecting to sell out for the first time for our visit ?
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:27 am

Villas capacity is 43000 ish and average gate 31000. They've had an average of 12000 spare seats all season which is not dissimilar to us.

Lawnmower

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:03 am

AV3 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:They have also probably held back some from the segregation section in the bottom right hand corner as there was some altercation there last time.

Why?

You only offered us those tickets because you knew you wouldn't sell them yourselves. If we had you in the play offs, you wouldn't give us the same allocation would you?

If we can sell out with our own fans, why would we possibly want to turn some away just to accommodate away fans?

You average 31k in a 42k Stadium when have you sold out this season?
WelshPatriot

Postby stephendavid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 am

They couldn't sell out vs wolves on a sat afternoon so cant see where their extra 12k will come from on a tuesday vs us,police advice no doubt
stephendavid

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Why?

Not much can be done about it now. There was an opportunity to negotiate an additional allowance when they asked for extra tickets. But did anyone expect us to be in this position and able to probably sell double the allocation for a night game ? I doubt it so we cant hold our lot responsible for it.

Would we do the same thing again or would we turn away a couple of extra thousand Villa fans and 60k in income ? That's rather cutting off our nose to spite our face. Maybe if the scenario repeats we could try and wangle a few extra if we need them, its not often that we would. We didn't need to give them the extra tickets, we could of left the seats empty. By the sounds of what AV3 is saying the away allocation ( cup excluded ) is 2900 at Villa Park. If that leaves them with 15,000 empty seats then so be it.
epping blue

Postby AV3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:14 am

stephendavid wrote:They couldn't sell out vs wolves on a sat afternoon so cant see where their extra 12k will come from on a tuesday vs us,police advice no doubt

It isn't police advice.

Villa never give bigger allocations for league games. We played Brighton last game of last season and they needed to win to win the league. Despite them giving us extra tickets for their game, we still refused to do the same for them in such a big fixture (for them).
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby AV3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:

Why?

We sold out in the local derby v Blues.

We may or may not sell out for you (it is a big game for us as well remember)

I suspect that if we are in with a realistic chance of auto then it will sell out.

As I said, why would we risk turning our own fans away just to accommodate away fans? It just doesn't make sense. Giving you extra tickets would mean moving season ticket holders from areas that will very likely sell out with our own fans. The only area that possibly won't sell out (if it opens) is the top tier of the Trinity Road and away fans 100% won't be put in there.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am

its really not wrong in fairness
paulh_85

Postby stephendavid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 am

Must defo be on police advice as you will not sell out the home end an we are no brighton lad
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 am

Lawnmower wrote:

By that argument, it could also be said that I can't see why we should give you more? You haven't taken 2600 away all season and that figure is double your average away following.

It is a big game for both teams. Villa are just ensuring that our own fans won't be disappointed if it gets close to selling out - As every club would.

League rules state that we only have to give you 2000 tickets so you're getting more in any case.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby epping blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 am

AV3 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

By that argument, it could also be said that I can't see why we should give you more? You haven't taken 2600 away all season and that figure is double your average away following.

It is a big game for both teams. Villa are just ensuring that our own fans won't be disappointed if it gets close to selling out - As every club would.

League rules state that we only have to give you 2000 tickets so you're getting more in any case.

Not strictly true, we took more the 3,000 to Bristol and Fulham but to be fair our followings haven't been great. Aston Villa perfectly entitled to play it as they do but shouldn't be surprised if they're politely told to Fck off the next time they go requesting extra tickets.
epping blue

Postby stephendavid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 am

AV3 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

We give you 5k you give us 5k simple really......obviously your club an the old bill wouldn't want that many of us up your place on a tuesday night...anyway av3 mind the gap mind the gap aston villa
stephendavid

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:18 pm

AV3 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I don't accept the first argument you put here.

We sold well over 3000 for Bristol and 3500- 4000 for Fulham ( about 100 in the neutral section)

For a game like this it's clear we'd sell more.

However , if your club think they will sell out regardless, or if it isn't safe to do or means moving large numbers of home fans then that's fair enough.
Lawnmower

Postby AV3 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm

OK - To put it another way:

You average 1300 away and we average 31000 at home (more like 33000 since Xmas).

You seem to think that your average will double but our average won't go up by 25%. You use Wolves as an example. Wolves are nothing to Villa and we do not class it as a derby. Just because they have become obsessed with us doesn't mean that we care any more or less about them. Everyone I know sees the game against yourselves as far bigger than the Wolves game was.

Looking online, Villa are selling tickets for all areas surrounding the away section so I can't see any more being made available other than what is in the away section.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:07 pm

AV3 wrote:OK - To put it another way:

You average 1300 away and we average 31000 at home (more like 33000 since Xmas).

You seem to think that your average will double but our average won't go up by 25%. You use Wolves as an example. Wolves are nothing to Villa and we do not class it as a derby. Just because they have become obsessed with us doesn't mean that we care any more or less about them. Everyone I know sees the game against yourselves as far bigger than the Wolves game was.

Looking online, Villa are selling tickets for all areas surrounding the away section so I can't see any more being made available other than what is in the away section.

At the end of the day, what we average is irrelevant.
We could sell more.

However if there's no room, then there's no room and I would fully understand the allocation not being larger.

However, given the red carpet we put out for you I would expect that if it was possible to increase the allocation we would be offered it.

That's what normally happens.

If it's not feasible then that's fair enough and I'd be full to expect you to turn home fans away to fit us in
Lawnmower

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:08 pm

We could sell more.

However if there's no room, then there's no room and I would fully understand the allocation not being larger.

However, given the red carpet we put out for you I would expect that if it was possible to increase the allocation we would be offered it.

If it's not feasible then that's fair enough and I'd be full to expect you to turn home fans away to fit us in
Lawnmower

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

We could sell more.

I know 1,700 were sold yesterday not sure about today. I agree with the villa poster, got to sort home fans out simple as that. If space then of course give more if not then home fans priority. Regardless the city will ousting them.
Stringfellow

Postby stephendavid » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Villa cant sell out vs wolves top of the league local derby etc,where they think the missing 10/12k will come from vs us is anyone's guess......no club would give us 4/5k unless they HAD to FACT!!The 2,600 will make plenty of noise an get behind the lads an hopefully we wont be playing the villa next season anyway
stephendavid

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm

AV3, question for you. Do you ever give extra tickets beyond the 2600-2800 in that block ?

It's not trying to catch you out - as if you don't then that's end of story.

If you do then again, I'd guess it would depend in n circumstances.

Do season ticket holders have to move if you do.

Some of ours did, by the way, when you played at CCS.

Some are happy ( moved to better seats), some werent
Lawnmower

Next

Return to General Chat