" Fixture pile-up "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Fixture pile-up "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 pm

" Fixture pile-up "

Derby’s postponement means that Cardiff could now face a dreadful turnaround depending on when the game is rescheduled.

We have 7 games in 22 days thanks to Derby County. 7 games in 22 days. @EFL this is unacceptable
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

" Fixture pile-up "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Fixture pile-up "

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 pm

No exaggeration to say it could cost us promotion.
Carpe Diem

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:No exaggeration to say it could cost us promotion.

I think it is tbh, we have a 7 point gap. Evening writing off the Derby game we have a 4 point gap. Let's not make this an excuse.
2blue2handle

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I think it is tbh, we have a 7 point gap. Evening writing off the Derby game we have a 4 point gap. Let's not make this an excuse.

Disagree sorry. If we do indeed lose against what will be a much stronger derby line up, we will then face the issue of less time to recover for the next game. It’s not inconceivable to think we could lose again. Who knows what effect this will have on morale, confidence and the ensuing pressure. Any game can be a turning point, good or bad.
Carpe Diem

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Disagree sorry. If we do indeed lose against what will be a much stronger derby line up, we will then face the issue of less time to recover for the next game. It’s not inconceivable to think we could lose again. Who knows what effect this will have on morale, confidence and the ensuing pressure. Any game can be a turning point, good or bad.

Maybe we would have played and lost. Maybe the extra game keeps the pressure on the chasing pack knowing we still have a game. If we want to go up relying on other teams injuries isn't the way.

Not to say I don't think Derby shouldnt be punished.
2blue2handle

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:44 pm

We have a difficult run in over a short time period and still have to go to Villa. I’m hoping the players move on from this for the sake of our season and keep producing the performances we’ve witnessed so far. 9 games remaining, 18 points guarantees promotion although the reality is that a lesser amount will suffice. Bluebirds!
103 Barmy Army

Postby Carpe Diem » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe we would have played and lost. Maybe the extra game keeps the pressure on the chasing pack knowing we still have a game. If we want to go up relying on other teams injuries isn't the way.

Not to say I don't think Derby shouldnt be punished.

I don’t think having a game in hand puts added pressure on other teams. It doesn’t mean anything, only points on the board do. It may not be the ideal way but I’ll take any luck we can get to help us over the line. We’ve suffered enough from injuries, I’d have no problem benefitting from other teams misfortunes.

The main issue is the crowded fixture list could now come back and haunt us.
Carpe Diem

Postby nojac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:37 pm

I know the recovery time is less, but most players would rather play than train.
I can't see there being much training going on in April .
nojac

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm

nojac wrote:I know the recovery time is less, but most players would rather play than train.
I can't see there being much training going on in April .

Yes, it's often been said the players would prefer to play than train and (I guess) the biggest issue would be lack of recovery time from little niggly injuries :thumbright:

Personally, I believe the events of Sunday will only serve to motivate and galvanise the City squad and they have the 'Motivator-in Chief' at the helm to guide them through to the end of an intriguing season! :notworthy:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nojac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I've just checked , we have 7 games in 26 days .
2nd April -28th April
Fulham and Villa have 6 games in 25 days
3rd April - 28th April.
I think TBH every team as a pretty hectic schedule in April .
I feel real sorry for Derby though .
They are home to Boro then us then away to Villa all in 7 days .
Only kidding hope they lose all 3 .
nojac

Postby Vincent Man » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm

We need siege mentality . This will galvanise us . We will be stronger .
Vincent Man

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm

It's only one extra game and at least it's after a home game better than alternative date being 3 away games all hard at that :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 pm

nojac wrote:I've just checked , we have 7 games in 26 days .
2nd April -28th April
Fulham and Villa have 6 games in 25 days
3rd April - 28th April.
I think TBH every team as a pretty hectic schedule in April .
I feel real sorry for Derby though .
They are home to Boro then us then away to Villa all in 7 days .
Only kidding hope they lose all 3 .

I hope the cheats suffer another spell of injuries !!!

Smash right into them and take them out of the playoffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Return to General Chat