BREAKING: DERBY COUNTY LIED / AS POLICE CONFIRM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: DERBY COUNTY LIED / AS POLICE CONFIRM

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am

Mr Potato wrote:What is quite funny now is the DCFC are desperate for someone to support the postponement but everyone is clearly stating publicly, including their own staff, that they were all told game was off and that this was done independently by the club and that no such discussion took place. Despite a document that appears to have been completed by the club, stating otherwise, that was sent to the league, they subsequently support postponement.

In their own interest the best they can do now is to confess all.

It's sounding more and more that they told relevant parties they were calling game off on safety grounds without getting written aproval from sag or police! Then telling efl they consulted sag & police, looks like efl didn't make necessary checks before their original statement. :old:
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Wouldn’t be surprised if were awarded the 3 points or them deducted points that would stop any club pulling a stunt like this again action deffo needs to be taken and I think it will.

I hope you are right regarding action being taken against Derby County but I doubt very much we will be awarded the 3 point. It is likely Derby could get deducted 3 points at best as presidence was set a few years ago against Middlesborough. I think this will be warmly welcomes from the clubs fighting for a play off spot.

That wouldn't help us though, it's us that has suffered an injustice, players that were injured and suspended at the time, should not be allowed to play in the rescheduled game otherwise, they will have gained an advantage !!!
Bluebina

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am

Did the Derby Dodgers local supermarkets all close on Sunday to 'protect' their staff and customers? Of course not.

Also, the silence from Gary Rowett on all of this is deafening.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 am

From the Derby board - I've taken this from the other Cardiff message board -

“I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch.

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either.

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'.

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance”.

That sums things up perfectly for me !!!
Bluebina

Postby Danny Says » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am

I suspect the derby fans will be ashamed at their clubs actions and expect the club to be fined or points deducted at worse.

I also await the inevitable anti Warnock rant about him trying to get a game called off when manager at sheff utd when their players were being sent off in bulk to get them below the minimum for an active game. :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:13 am

DEL84 wrote:Police did ACTUALLY got involved in the meeting but they AREN'T the one made the decision. You all cry babies x

P.S you don't hear us moaning about the game called off in 2009 lololololololololololol.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but it sounds like you are confirming it was DCFC who called the game off :?

The 2009 game was scheduled to be played at our old ground Ninian Park which didn't have underground heating and thus was called off because of a frozen pitch :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

Danny Says wrote:I suspect the derby fans will be ashamed at their clubs actions and expect the club to be fined or points deducted at worse.

I also await the inevitable anti Warnock rant about him trying to get a game called off when manager at sheff utd when their players were being sent off in bulk to get them below the minimum for an active game. :roll:

Surely Derby have to face some kind of sanction as they can't manipulate a failure to play a fixture because it was beneficial for them, that completely undermines the integrity of the Competition.

Apparently on TalkSport last night Danny Baker was slagging Warnock off for conspiracy theories only for the news bulletin's to confirm minutes later that Derbyshire Police played no part in the decision to cancel the game :lol:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Northwalesblues » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:25 am

This is a total disregard and disrespect of our team and more importantly our travelling supporters, with a midday kickoff and a 4 hour plus journey DCFC would be well aware that our 3000 visiting supporters would be making an extremely early start and at 8:30 (depending when news of the postponement was received) would be well on their way, many already in the area.

If safety had been their concern then the match should have been postponed 12 hours earlier, when the forecast was for severe weather, it would have been annoying but, reluctantly, most would have understood. At 8:30am conditions were way better than expected, Public Transport was operating normally and the "basic rate" employees were arriving as normal at the surrounding shops and businesses. Pathetic and unacceptable describes their action, absolutely the match should have gone ahead, without over reacting, forfeiture of the game should be a realistic demand from us.

DCFC must have known at such a late hour the visiting team would be turning up, even with their total disregard for our visiting supporters, you'd of thought that someone would have "dug" their way to the ground to have at least made them a cup of tea!

If supporters are left out of pocket from this fiasco it is a sad day for football. Mind you it should make for an interesting atmosphere at the re-arranged match
Northwalesblues

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:15 am

The Fact is - DERBY did nothing from the night before or day to clear any snow outside the ground.

Never tried to get the the game to ahead or push the kick-off time later.
TopCat CCFC

Postby diggerjames » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

With the pitch in perfect condition and the Sky cameras there why didn't we play the match behind closed doors. The fans could have been told to stay away for "Health and Safety Concerns" and watch the match on TV.

Perhaps Derby wouldn't have been happy with that either? :bluescarf:
diggerjames

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm

DEL84 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Derbyshire Police confirm they were NOT behind the decision to postpone Derby County Vs Cardiff City

Monday 19th March 2018

Derbyshire Police have confirmed they were not part of the decision to postpone Derby County’s home clash with Cardiff City on Sunday.

The fixture wall called off due to severe weather conditions which saw much of the UK covered in snow and ice, but the decision was met with lots of opposition.

Pictures soon emerged of Pride Park, Derby’s home ground, looking rather snow free and Cardiff City’s staff and players were among those voicing their complaints.

The Bluebirds arrived at the ground to discover that very few staff were on-site, questioning whether every effort was in fact made to get the game on.

The club shop was also open and advertised to the public, suggesting the areas around the ground were safe, though, it was then closed.

Suspicions were raised with Derby having only 10 senior players available for training in the days leading up to the game and in similar weather conditions, the Rams managed to play their home fixture against Fulham just over two weeks ago.

Derby maintain that the decision was purely made on safety grounds.

Cardiff City are communicating with the EFL about the postponement of the game, but the league chiefs’ most recent response is as follows:

“The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture was made first thing on Sunday morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

“It was taken in the interests of spectator safety and followed heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium.

“Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached. An announcement was made at 8.30am.

“The EFL is satisfied from the information shared with us that these were the reasons the match was postponed and will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to provide any additional information / evidence they feel is relevant, before responding further.”

In another twist, Derbyshire Police have today confirmed that the decision was taken ‘independently’ by the club, throwing up even more questions.

Cardiff City officials are said to be furious with the decision Derby made on Sunday with many of their supporters already well on their way to the East Midlands.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock also had his say. Speaking to Sky Sports News at Pride Park on Sunday, he said: “I believe it’s a big travesty this, today. There’s nobody here (Pride Park). They were all embarrassed when we walked through the doors. It’s an embarrassing situation for everyone.”

Derby County have told Sky Sports News that they are angry with Warnock’s comments, and they remain adamant that they followed the correct procedures.

The rearranged fixture is now likely to take place at the earliest available date, which is the 17th or 18th April and Warnock says he will ‘fight tooth and nail’ to avoid that.

It would mean Cardiff City will have three away fixtures on the bounce before the end of the season.

The EFL say Cardiff will have their opportunity to submit an appeal with evidence. However, at this stage, it looks unlikely that any action will be taken against Derby County.

Police did ACTUALLY got involved in the meeting but they AREN'T the one made the decision. You all cry babies x

P.S you don't hear us moaning about the game called off in 2009 lololololololololololol.

This bloke 100% sniffs old mens bike seats.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Previous

Return to General Chat