Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The Money is Flooding in to Cardiff City This Season '

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm

DESPITE LOW ATTENDANCES FOR CARDIFF HOME & AWAY THIS SEASON, THANKS TO NEIL WARNOCK, CARDIFF WILL HAVE BEEN ON SKY TV UP TO 11 TIMES THIS SEASON, MEANING BIG MONEY COMING IN TO OUR CLUB :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City will have been on Sky about 11 times this season :thumbright: :bluebird:

The EFL give Championship clubs £100,000 for every home game thats live on Sky Sports and if it’s played on a Sunday £120,000 :thumbright: or a Thursday £140,000.

£10K for the away teams in the Championship not much.

So when we played Leeds United home and had a crowd of 27,500, Cardiff received £100,000 :thumbright: :bluebird:

We played Preston home on a Friday night live on Sky and received £100,000 :thumbright: :bluebird:

City have Wolves home soon another £100,000 :thumbright: :bluebird:

We also had the added bonus of Manchester City home / sell out / plus live on the BBC :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' The Money is Flooding in to Cardiff City This Season '

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Plus a lot more in last two months

Never knew it was that much

Good info

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:36 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Plus a lot more in last two months

Never knew it was that much

Good info

Mike, brilliant news and massive extra income :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Peanuts to what tan is owed - doubt go into team probably just keeping cash balances going at rip of stadium

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:16 pm

mallo wrote:Peanuts to what tan is owed - doubt go into team probably just keeping cash balances going at rip of stadium

Mallo, u mean the debts Tan ran up.

Only way Tan will get the debts he ran up back is Cardiff promoted to the Premier League.

In the last 4 years we received about £140mill from Sky tv and really that itself should of cleared any debts.

Rem when Tan arrived our debts were about £28-£35mill, then under Tan they rose to about £174MILL.

Cardiff's debt was £174m at the end of the 2013/14 financial year

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm

All steps in the right direction for City! :ayatollah:

The team do well, the TV companies take notice and want a piece of the action, which brings in much needed revenue, which (even in comparatively small amounts) helps reduce debt and builds on the profile of the club

Should the dream occur at the end of this season, the financial rewards will be immense for a club like ours and (unlike last time) I honestly believe we are in a far better position to take advantage and do the job properly! :clap:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Sven wrote:All steps in the right direction for City! :ayatollah:

The team do well, the TV companies take notice and want a piece of the action, which brings in much needed revenue, which (even in comparatively small amounts) helps reduce debt and builds on the profile of the club

Should the dream occur at the end of this season, the financial rewards will be immense for a club like ours and (unlike last time) I honestly believe we are in a far better position to take advantage and do the job properly! :clap:

100% Agree Chris, positive and City heading in the right direction :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mallo wrote:Peanuts to what tan is owed - doubt go into team probably just keeping cash balances going at rip of stadium

Only way Tan will get the debts he ran up back is Cardiff promoted to the Premier League.

In the last 4 years we received about £140mill from Sky tv and really that itself should of cleared any debts.

Rem when Tan arrived our debts were about £28-£35mill, then under Tan they rose to about £174MILL.

Annis if we received £140m off sky then that would mean that sky televised us 1.4million times ? also did we not owe Sam £35m without all the other large debts?

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis those figures aren’t correct at all.

Plus when Tan took over we were losing over a million a month.

We are now in debt to one person who is changing that to equity so we are far better off.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis if we received £140m off sky then that would mean that sky televised us 1.4million times ? also did we not owe Sam £35m without all the other large debts?

Yep. Annis’ figures are massively out.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Your spot on Annis , great to have an owner accountable for the debt they have made :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:25 am

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The money above is nothing to do with Premier League Sky, not one bit and you know it was announced we would receive up to £160mill of Sky for being in the Premier League.

Sams debt was already included £28mill.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We are now in debt to one person who is changing that to equity so we are far better off.

A fact

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A fact

I’m not disputing that I’m disputing the level of debt when Tan took over. We owed the amount stated to Sam and then owed money to at least 30 other creditors.

We also faced this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/mobile/wales/so ... 660629.stm

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:12 am

Annis how did you manage to turn a positive into a negative there?

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:21 am

Jules wrote:Annis how did you manage to turn a positive into a negative there?

Jules, I start the topic positive as usual and the usual suspects change and drag me in to Tan negative.
Shocked this time as it was Mallo, who can’t stand Tan.

I wanted this to be a positive topic.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Jules, I start the topic positive as usual and the usual suspects change and drag me in to Tan negative.

Makes no sense Annis. Mallo mentioned Tan and then you waded in size 13s. Didn’t have to respond.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Just one last post all the money off sky had to pay for premiership wages look at how much deadwood that slade had to get rid of and us losing over a million per month over 4 years
(£48m)it is soon eaten up so no way that that Sky money would ever come close to paying off our debt.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Igovernor wrote:Just one last post all the money off sky had to pay for premiership wages look at how much deadwood that slade had to get rid of and us losing over a million per month over 4 years
(£48m)it is soon eaten up so no way that that Sky money would ever come close to paying off our debt.

And the signings made by OGS in the championship.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 pm

It’s great to see us getting plenty tv coverage and paid handsomely for the privilege.Long May it continue :thumbup:

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:06 pm

theclaw wrote:It’s great to see us getting plenty tv coverage and paid handsomely for the privilege.Long May it continue :thumbup:

I 2nd that and that was my point originally :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: but sadly as usual derailed.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:08 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Makes no sense Annis. Mallo mentioned Tan and then you waded in size 13s. Didn’t have to respond.

Neil, I don't want to talk about Tan, I actually stay of other fans topics regarding Tan nowadays, so I would prefer his name stays of mine, I will never agree regarding Tan, so pointless involving me with him :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

As to Mallo,Mallo actually detests Tans.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Neil, I don't want to talk about Tan, I actually stay of other fans topics regarding Tan nowadays, so I would prefer his name stays of mine, I will never agree regarding Tan, so pointless involving me with him :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

And he has reasons to hate those that represented Tan at Cardiff.

You could easily have ignored Mallo’s comment and not mentioned Tan and the debt though.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You could easily have ignored Mallo’s comment and not mentioned Tan and the debt though.

Annis misunderstood what Mallo was implying. Mallo brought the Tan debt into the subject and implied the tv money is peanuts compared to the debt owed to Tan and is most likely being used to help some of the running costs.

Even so it is extra income not to be sneezed at and it is all down to Warnock getting the attention of the TV companies thanks to the success he has brought in.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis misunderstood what Mallo was implying. Mallo brought the Tan debt into the subject and implied the tv money is peanuts compared to the debt owed to Tan and is most likely being used to help some of the running costs.

Even so it is extra income not to be sneezed at and it is all down to Warnock getting the attention of the TV companies thanks to the success he has brought in.

Best part of it is they have tried to ignore us all season but they can’t anymore.

It is amazing to think of the job NW has done.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Ian :thumbright:

A positive made in to a negative by the usual suspects .

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Ian :thumbright:

A positive made in to a negative by the usual suspects .

Who are the usual suspects in this case?

Mallo turned this negative. Which you followed up on by going on about how much the debt has gone up under Tan.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Your only 2nd and can't even get above wolves!

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Daya wrote:

Your only 2nd and can't even get above wolves!

I think you maybe a little out of touch with things in the championship (for now ;) ) but Wolves are taking the champions league spots next year....Looking for a bigger stadium as well.....There'll be a big empty one in east London next year