Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATE: Latest From Brentford / Weather Conditions / Mat

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am

A lot will depend on officials, stewards, and players etc. being able to get there safely. I suppose it will depend on the weather today. Hopefully, won't be as much as last night.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:55 am

I'm pretty confident it will be on. The snow predicted for this afternoon is light, the temperature is picking up from this afternoon, not predicted to go below freezing tonight and by lunchtime tomorrow will be up around 6 degrees.

Travel for the team today is tricky, but hopefully for the support it will improve tomorrow.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:23 am

Met Office update for the Brentford area

Crucial information here for any Cardiff City fans ahead of this weekend’s game...

The Met Office have issued a yellow warning of wind and ice snow from Friday 2 March.
Remaining very cold across most areas on Friday, with severe weather involving snow, ice and wind. Into the weekend, temperatures look likely to slowly recover closer to normal from the south but will still remain cold. Wind chill and drifting snow will become less of an issue.
Delays and cancellations to public transport are likely, as are delays to travel on roads.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:05 am

Another Championship game postponed

Ipswich Town have announced that their clash with Hull City at Portman Road tomorrow has been postponed due to snow.

No news from Brentford...

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:09 am

Just seen on Facebook the coach driver of the Cardiff city team bus is working so assume the team are travelling to Brentford by the looks of it :-)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 am

Personally stuck in Vale Of Glamorgan they should be called off. It's not safe for us fans to travel. Yes it may get better in Brentford but over a 1000 city fans have to travel on dangerous icy roads.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:20 am

epping blue wrote:I'm pretty confident it will be on. The snow predicted for this afternoon is light, the temperature is picking up from this afternoon, not predicted to go below freezing tonight and by lunchtime tomorrow will be up around 6 degrees.

Travel for the team today is tricky, but hopefully for the support it will improve tomorrow.

No undersoil heating ????

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am

barry boy wrote:The problem will be - can the Cardiff supporters coaches get a there ?

Remembering many come from the valleys, and can supporters get to the pick ups ?

Also the drivers need to be available.

It's not just about the pitch.

I agree an early call off would be better for our fans and the team, would have saved them travelling for nothing !

I think it will be called off.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/statu ... 67649?s=19

Pitch inspection 1pm

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:29 pm

If the game was being played today I'm pretty confident that it would go ahead.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Visitor wrote:If the game was being played today I'm pretty confident that it would go ahead.

But I thought the forecast for tomorrow shows a significant improvement. They cant be entirely happy having now taken the snow off the pitch. Anyway what will be will be.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Morrison’s Mrs just put a video up on her Instagram story of them in the Cardiff streets in the snow.. so if the team are travelling, he isn’t.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 pm

BRENTFORD PITCH INSPECTION. 1pm today
There will be a pitch inspection at Griffin Park at 1pm to determine whether tomorrow's game has to be postponed.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Just driven back from Brentford. The M4 is awful from Reading even though driveable.
and that was in a 4x4.

If it’s on I respectfully suggest everyone in buses, coached n cars leaves a lot more time than usual. It’s not 2 to 2.5hours this time!

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Heard that Wimbledon's game is postponed due to frozen pitch, only around 10 miles from Brentford. I know a few fans on the Brentford forum are worried this one may go the same way.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just seen on Facebook the coach driver of the Cardiff city team bus is working so assume the team are travelling to Brentford by the looks of it :-)

I wouldn't believe anything on Facebook Annis, it's full of fake news and weirdos :laughing6:

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Game off

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Match Off - Officially
Just received text from CCFC

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Oh joy!! Shopping with the Mrs it is then, 'does my bum look big in this?' :laughing6:

Re: UPDATED: Brentford Cancelled: Weather Conditions / Match

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Afternoon in for me, then, reading my old programmes!

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 pm

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/f ... e-14360388

“All tickets purchased for this match will be valid for the rearranged fixture, and refunds will be given for those who cannot attend. Full details of the new fixture date will be announced in due course.”

Available midweek dates between now and the end of the season are March 13, April 17, April 24 and May 1.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:45 pm

jon1959 wrote:https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-vs-cardiff-postponed-due-14360388

“All tickets purchased for this match will be valid for the rearranged fixture, and refunds will be given for those who cannot attend. Full details of the new fixture date will be announced in due course.”

Available midweek dates between now and the end of the season are March 13, April 17, April 24 and May 1.

Thats fair :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED: Brentford v CCFC Cancelled: Refunds for the Mat

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Brentford
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
barry boy wrote:The problem will be - can the Cardiff supporters coaches get a there ?

Remembering many come from the valleys, and can supporters get to the pick ups ?

Also the drivers need to be available.

It's not just about the pitch.

Wouldn’t the game go ahead regardless of whether away support can get there?
I realise it’s s big issue for us City fans but I’m sure it influence the match going ahead or not.

Don't forget their fans, some may actually struggle to get there.

Re: UPDATED: Brentford v CCFC Cancelled: Refunds for the Mat

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 pm

The statement from Brentford

Officials arrived at Griffin Park at 1pm, where work had been ongoing to try and get the game on this weekend, and made an inspection of the pitch and surrounding area.
Referee Matt Foley made the final call that conditions would not be playable by 3pm on Saturday afternoon and the game has been rescheduled.
All tickets purchased for this match will be valid for the rearranged fixture, and refunds will be given for those who cannot attend. Full details of the new fixture date will be announced in due course.