Will Warnock leave City?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will Warnock leave City?

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm

If we get to the promise land. It has been mentioned by himself befor, I know he struggles in the big time but personally I’d prefer he stayed, if we got straight back down we go straight back down, after everything he’s done I’d want him to stay.
BobbyBlue

Will Warnock leave City?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Will Warnock leave City?

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I think (hope) he'd stay for one year. And if he kept us up then he'd move upstairs but hopefully be involved in appointing his successor, and a help with running the club. I'd have every faith in his choice.
jimmy_rat

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm

I hope he stays until I smell of stale piss and biscuits.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby welshrarebit » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 pm

If he gets us promoted I think he we can safely say the Peter wittingham “he does what her wants” song will
Have a new owner!
welshrarebit

Postby maccydee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Not sure he ever said he would leave just that he wasn’t a fan of the Premiership. Agents and such like annoy him.

I think our man Dalman makes him happy though and sorts a lot of the stuff he doesn’t like out.
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 am

I think he would love a crack at the top flight again. I think it's all talk him knowing a club may want to get someone else in and he wants it to look like it's his decision.
2blue2handle

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

I think he’d do a much better job than Malay if we went up although Malky did a great job getting us promoted. I could see him having two seasons up there and quit following our second successful attempt to avoid relegation. I am a huge fan of Warnock the man.
Fergy1927

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 am

Be amazed if he doesn't stay...probably only for one year where he can hopefully beg, steal and borrow a few top quality players to keep us up, while the club line up a long term replacement
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am

Fergy1927 wrote:I think he’d do a much better job than Malay if we went up although Malky did a great job getting us promoted. I could see him having two seasons up there and quit following our second successful attempt to avoid relegation. I am a huge fan of Warnock the man.

I think already we have a squad that is far more balanced than the one Malky put together and one thing is for sure. NW won’t spend 10 million on a striker for the future or 4.5 million on two right backs then pick bloody Connolly first game.
maccydee

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 am

And. If he were to go, I would want him to have a say in our next manager. Personally, I think he might step down. He'd have gone out n a record breaking high, and I believe he could do without the Premiership pressure at his age. Don't get me wrong, the guy deserves everything he gets and it would be a brilliant ride if he stayed. Who has he said he really admires as a manager?A name that has cropped up previously s Dean Smith at Brentford, great record, lovely football, and Warnock seems to be a fan....
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:34 am

Currently standing at No.32 in the list of "Will Neil Warnock stay?" threads! :clap:

It's like a pantomime: "Oh yes, he will...!", "Oh no, he won't...!" ;) :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 am

Barclay1 wrote:And. If he were to go, I would want him to have a say in our next manager. Personally, I think he might step down. He'd have gone out n a record breaking high, and I believe he could do without the Premiership pressure at his age. Don't get me wrong, the guy deserves everything he gets and it would be a brilliant ride if he stayed. Who has he said he really admires as a manager?A name that has cropped up previously s Dean Smith at Brentford, great record, lovely football, and Warnock seems to be a fan....

Not sure that massive style change would suit us if I’m honest.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:40 am

I personally think Tony Pulis will take over from him if we go up.

Our whole setup is ideal for Pulis to come in and take us to that next step. If Pulis fails to get Middlesborough up I can see this happening.
Bakedalasker

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Sven wrote:Currently standing at No.32 in the list of "Will Neil Warnock stay?" threads! :clap:

It's like a pantomime: "Oh yes, he will...!", "Oh no, he won't...!" ;) :lol:

Sorry fella some of us have a life, and are not glued to a message board all day everyday, so I wouldn’t have a clue whether this has been posted before or not as I only use this board once or twice every few weeks.
BobbyBlue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I personally think Tony Pulis will take over from him if we go up.

Our whole setup is ideal for Pulis to come in and take us to that next step. If Pulis fails to get Middlesborough up I can see this happening.

God I hope not. I don't want 20% possession and the only way we'll score is through a corner. I've been through all that already. Would rather a manager with at least a bit more ambition. Would rather we go for someone like Dean Smith, Slovisa Jokanovic, Garry Rowett or Marco Silva. I know some people will say we haven't got the squad for some of those managers but that's why we have a transfer window. I get that I'm probably in the minority though :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Return to General Chat