Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This CCFC player bonus bollox

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Every club has it, do you not think Wolves, Villa, Fulham etc don't? Woudnt surprise me if at least 1 of them wasnt higher. Just the press trying to have another dig at us again! :bluescarf:

Re: This CCFC player bonus bollox

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Exactly. If anyone has ever looked at how players wages are paid it's not all clear cut. I remember Stan Collymore explaining it quite well once. If a player is quoted as being on 25k a week he'll actually take home less than a third of that. All bonuses dependent on all sorts, appearance, goals, etc. Hand in a transfer request you can basically half your wage again.

Anyway, we'll never actually know who is on what. Except for it being a lot more than me or you. And that if our lot do get promoted. I'd happily let them have a 10m slice of that premier league pie. Better than in Tan's pocket.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Exactly. If anyone has ever looked at how players wages are paid it's not all clear cut. I remember Stan Collymore explaining it quite well once. If a player is quoted as being on 25k a week he'll actually take home less than a third of that. All bonuses dependent on all sorts, appearance, goals, etc. Hand in a transfer request you can basically half your wage again.

Anyway, we'll never actually know who is on what. Except for it being a lot more than me or you. And that if our lot do get promoted. I'd happily let them have a 10m slice of that premier league pie. Better than in Tan's pocket.

Since when did any money go into Tan’s pocket?

You know he is the only owner we have had since Rick Wright who has actually put his own money in don’t you?

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 am

maccydee wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Exactly. If anyone has ever looked at how players wages are paid it's not all clear cut. I remember Stan Collymore explaining it quite well once. If a player is quoted as being on 25k a week he'll actually take home less than a third of that. All bonuses dependent on all sorts, appearance, goals, etc. Hand in a transfer request you can basically half your wage again.

Since when did any money go into Tan’s pocket?

You know he is the only owner we have had since Rick Wright who has actually put his own money in don’t you?

Don't worry, Cobra is just being daft! It's clear that any ambitious club will have a bonus system in place for its players and the original thread OP was simply referring to Cardiff City's position! ;)

With tax at 40% and other additions, it seems reasonable that players will, in reality, take home less than half of their gross pay (likely nearer half than a third, though) :thumbright:

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 am

I'm reading "the secret footballer" book now which is basically Dave Kitson. He comes across a complete idiot who thinks a lot of himself but something to read on the beach. Anyway he did a section on this and all clubs have it, has to be agreed before the start of the season and the amount players get can either be split between those who played or usually the more you play the more you get. At the end of the day if we go up who would begrudge them a share of it.