Premiership pussies!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premiership pussies!

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Man c are talking to referees boss to try and have a yellow card subject to review in cases of bad tackles and have it upgraded to red? City are hoping for support from other premiership clubs.
pembroke allan

Premiership pussies!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Premiership pussies!

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 pm

The phrase "be careful what you wish for " springs to mind, or does he only want it applied to other teams.
Welshman in CA

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 am

This is why I find Guardiola so dislikable.

Does he realise Delph, Kompany and even little Aguero are culpable for an awful lot of dangerous tackles. Kompany is one of the worst especially in a derby match!

Tippy-tappa football works great if you’re able to spend over £600m on players but not everyone loves the type of football Guardiola produces!
BrightBlueFuture

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 am

I wouldn't go as far as tarring all the premier league as pussies. It's the 'entititled' few! That's what makes it worse. They think they have a right to not be tackled.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 am

jimmy_rat wrote:I wouldn't go as far as tarring all the premier league as pussies. It's the 'entititled' few! That's what makes it worse. They think they have a right to not be tackled.

Stupid bit is it won't effect match as it's retrospective so not sure what point is other than to make managers warn players about how they tackle! But they open themselves to same punishment if recent matches is anything to go by with their players tackling :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am

Watched the Arsenal game last night and one of Ostersunds FK defender made a tremendous tackle played the ball no studs showing, great contact on the ball, the Arsenal player fell over during the tackle (no dive) and the ref blew up for a foul, seems to me football is fast becoming a non contact sport!
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 am

Igovernor wrote:Watched the Arsenal game last night and one of Ostersunds FK defender made a tremendous tackle played the ball no studs showing, great contact on the ball, the Arsenal player fell over during the tackle (no dive) and the ref blew up for a foul, seems to me football is fast becoming a non contact sport!

It's seems opposite in championship give foul for slightest touch but climb all over player and it's OK, no wonder there is so much frustration around
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 am

This wouldn't make a difference how players go into tackles.

All this would do Is make the teams with the small squads struggle more with disciplines while Man city etc pull away as they have 25 world class players.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby davids » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 am

Idiot.

If that had been in force he would have had de Bruyne suspended for the studs he put into Jazz's thigh during the cup match.
davids

Postby hotwings » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Watched the Arsenal game last night and one of Ostersunds FK defender made a tremendous tackle played the ball no studs showing, great contact on the ball, the Arsenal player fell over during the tackle (no dive) and the ref blew up for a foul, seems to me football is fast becoming a non contact sport!

It's seems opposite in championship give foul for slightest touch but climb all over player and it's OK, no wonder there is so much frustration around

It's the inconsistency that gets me with challenges in our league and it's been worse than ever this season.
I saw the tackle you are talking about in the Arsenal game and agree it was a brilliant tackle.
hotwings

Return to General Chat